Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum

Old 07-21-2015, 04:35 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Chicago , Illinois
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Any RV service place can handle the generator. MB won't be much help as this is an RV item. You don't need an Airstream dealer unless you want to have something done under the warranty. Just make sure the RV service shop does Onan generator. They are VERY common in the RV world.

- - Mike
2013 Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Follow up for any of the owners who don't have the ability or inclination to get underneath, lower the spare, figure out how to get oil into the gen, or whatever: My AI dealer's response (and I really don't have many other options near where I live):
* yes you should check the oil at 4 hrs; then change it once / year
* it's REALLY hard for you to do it yourself
*It's about a 1-hour job for us (the dealer) IF EVERYTHING GOES RIGHT (?!)
*and we charge $120 / hour
*can't get to it for a week and a half because we're really backed up.

Marks71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I did mine in about an hour but didn't have to drop spare as others have had to w/ later models.

I'd hate to see what they charge for the engine oil change.

Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is simply a glass that was over designed.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Advisory to all, whether older or newer Interstate owner --

This phenomenon of distraction can become surprisingly dangerous, and very rapidly. A few personal examples:

(1) We've only put about 2,000 miles on our 2007 Interstate since buying it used 10 months ago, and there have already been TWO bad rear-ender accidents ....suspect that the at-fault drivers were craning their necks to see the Interstate as it was turning, and were not paying sufficient attention to what was in their immediate fields of view.

Make that three. Our rig is even more of an eyeballer now that it's got all that solar jacked up above the roof.

This one wasn't as bad as the other two. Nobody got hurt but there was damage to the car that rear-ended the one in front, because the latter's rear hitch went through their front bumper.

It concerns me but I don't see what I could do to help prevent it. I drive very conservatively and the people involved in these mishaps are in other lanes not paying attention as they should be. Rubbernecking tends to cause accidents. A reminder offering from Nevada DPS:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rubberneck.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	257236  

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote