Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2014, 02:49 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Haha - I watched that video twice and still didn't see how the chains are attached!
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #22
BikerBill

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Poconos of Pa , Pennsylvania
SECURITY CHAIN web site Security Chain Company, SCC Tire Chains, Security Chain Co | Peerless Industrial Group and if you go to INSTALLATION INFORMATION they have a series of videos on the various types of chains. As for longevity, I've used them on H1 Hummers, all 4 wheels while plowing snow and traveling on highways. I've used them on Skid Steers, all 4 wheels while moving snow, Chevy pickups at highway speed on the rear tires, small dual wheel dump truck with dual chains on back and single chain on front and currently use it all 4 wheels on a Bobcat Skidsteer for snow removal. Yes, I've worn thru the cable-chain-spring on the Bobcat, but after about 4 years. And I got replacement parts and repaired them. Still using them today, repaired.

Installation is no fun in the snow unless you have something to lay on the ground unless you prefer to get snow-covered or wet. BUT they are not difficult to install once you know how. If you are technically challenged, pay someone else to do it for you.
Bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote