Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2016, 10:03 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by glfprncs View Post
Interblog...I watched a YouTube video that utilized varying sandpaper coarseness (I think it was 200, then 400, then 2000),
Are you sure it wasn't 1200, 1400, and then 2000? The reason I ask is that 2000 would take forever to remove the scratches that 400 leaves.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:32 AM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Parkway
North Augusta , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Are you sure it wasn't 1200, 1400, and then 2000? The reason I ask is that 2000 would take forever to remove the scratches that 400 leaves.
It was 400, then 600, then 2000. Here's the link:
glfprncs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:51 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Our kit used 500, 800, and 3000 grit followed by a rubbing compound.
LB_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I guess polishing plastic is a lot different than paint then.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Parkway
North Augusta , South Carolina
Parker the Parkway has successfully navigated the Rocky Mountains (Vail Pass twice), been to Utah, as far north as upstate New York, and is currently enjoying some R&R at my parent's house in Ohio....all with the OLD plastic turbo resonator! I swear, I feel as though we've dodged a bullet going over the Continental Divide, not once, but TWICE!

It's ridden with him for 8 weeks in the glove box, but all of the opportunities prior to today to have it replaced were squandered.

This morning, my brother (in Ohio) cleaned out his shop and my husband went over there to finally have it installed. Alas, there's some odd sized hex bolt that has to be unbolted first to get to the old resonator (don't know the details...that's all I was told via text). My brother, bless his heart, ordered a wrench set (he said he'll probably need that size one day anyhow, as he runs his own construction company and wrenches on things all the time), and he'll have it Tuesday. He'll do the repair, while my husband, who will have flown to Boise for a tournament, is out of town.

P.S. Our caulking job around the rear vent fan worked perfectly. Amidst a deluge in Cleveland this past week, Parker's interior stayed dry.
glfprncs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #46

2006 22' Parkway
Boaz , Alabama
Hi Nancy & Chris, Congrats on your new rig. I recently purchased the exact same model - so far so good. I drove it for two weeks before I realized I had to turn on the headlights manually - the daytime running lights come on with the key - but to get the tail lights etal to come on - you must rotate the switch on the turn signal lever. Very easy to launch off at night with no tail lights.

The house battery set up is a little strange - not sure I've totally figured it out. Apparently the propane valve draws several amps and will run the battery down fairly quickly if left on (ie hot water and fridge) - The off/on switch us outside so it's un handy to go out and shut it off - several folks on the sprinter forum have added a second switch (the first is required by code - propane fillers need it) usually on the panel. I have added a volt/amp meter to the panel under the drivers seat - just so I can keep an eye on the battery condition.

The table is a pain - but space is a premium so I'm thinking about making a smaller one with a single post for one or two at the most - that can be used from the front passenger seat (swivel added to the seat) Chris is gonna want to sit in chair to rest his back after 72.

Gud luck with the rig and keep us posted on results. I think its a great little machine for short trips - not too sure about long term boon docking.
DixieRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieRoamer View Post

The table is a pain - but space is a premium so I'm thinking about making a smaller one with a single post for one or two at the most - that can be used from the front passenger seat (swivel added to the seat) ...

Gud luck with the rig and keep us posted on results. I think its a great little machine for short trips - not too sure about long term boon docking.
Welcome to Air Forums, Dixie!

I suspect the Parkway table either resembles, or is identical to, the 4-person tables provided with other T1N Interstates of that era, including mine. As a new poster, I'm not sure if you saw the previous thread where I described replacing our table top with a much smaller, lighter one that repurposed the Airstream-supplied flanges and legs. Here's a pic and a blog post link - very few mechanical skills are required for this project. Plus I just got done replacing the plastic under-cabinet fluorescent light fixtures with suspended shelves made of matching perforated aluminum (my husband and I are long-term boondocking aspirants, and so we're doing everything possible to make our rig as efficient as possible).

CUSTOM COMPUTER TABLE FOR THE AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	computer_table.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	271552  
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:48 PM   #48

2006 22' Parkway
Boaz , Alabama
Neat ... I looked over your blog but have not read every entry -Yet. Feeding four in the Parkway is a nice idea - but hardly practical. A quick snack or meal on the go for the two of us is more like it. TV tables are fine but take up storage space and rattle around. Will post what I come up with.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:05 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
We feed 4 and a dog in an Interstate all the time with no table.
We hold our plates in our laps.
2 people on 1 couch and 2 people on the other couch going to the kitchen one at a time to fix a plate and come sit down so the next one can go fix a plate.
Each person has to step delicately down the aisle without stepping on others' feet or the dog.
It is too much trouble to set up the table and it is too hard to get around the table when set up, so the table remains stored away in its cabinet under the curb side couch.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Welcome, and I agree with doing something other than the came-with table.

We took ours out and left it in the garage after the first long trip in 2007, where it remains today.

Too big, too much trouble for daily use, and the space it took under one bench can be better used for other things.

Eating on our laps has worked fine.

I did add a small storage ottoman a couple of years ago...$25 at WalMart, about 18" square, fits perfectly and provides storage as well as a space to set a cup of coffee, etc.

Maggie
Old 09-13-2016, 07:36 PM   #51

2006 22' Parkway
Boaz , Alabama
Thanks Maggie - very helpful site. I have several projects in the works for the Parkway. Have replaced the original back up camera (kludge) with a new one. Updated most of the interior lights to LEDs. Added 3M UV blocker to side windows and a portion of the windshield - Alabama sunshine is a killer this time of year. Some of the more obvious and easy changes.

Has anyone found or acquired a 12 vdc wiring diagram for these early units??

DR