Old 08-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Muskogee , Oklahoma
Shower drain issues

For those that actually use the shower in your Interstate, does the water drain out, or is the center higher, like in mine, so the water pools on all every side but the drain no matter how lever the van is and has to be pushed to the drain?

GM

Old 08-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
For those that actually use the shower in your Interstate, does the water drain out, or is the center higher, like in mine, so the water pools on all every side but the drain no matter how lever the van is and has to be pushed to the drain?

GM
I have only use the shower a couple of times but it did seem to drain pretty well towards the drain. What little water was left, we wiped up with the towel.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #17
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post

GM
Mine drains all right, as long as I'm parked level or curb-side high. But then again, I'm no lightweight, so maybe it's my own weight pushing down a high center.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
One more thing: noticed on our recent trip in one of the rare moments that I wasn't driving that there is hot air coming thru the right side of the microwave grill which is not part of the oven exhaust. Not sure where it's entering the body shell at but I can block of the backside of the grill to stop it from entering the psgr compartment but it still can come thru the spaces around the drawers.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
One more thing: noticed on our recent trip in one of the rare moments that I wasn't driving that there is hot air coming thru the right side of the microwave grill which is not part of the oven exhaust. Not sure where it's entering the body shell at but I can block of the backside of the grill to stop it from entering the psgr compartment but it still can come thru the spaces around the drawers.
Probably coming in though the furnace exhaust and blowing through the furnace (which is just below the microwave on mine).
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Portland , Oregon
Lightbulb just my perspective

I know it doesnt help much but here is a little story. I have a good friend that several years ago bought a very nice looking and well appointed yacht, a Californian. This model is like one small step down from the Navigator and was like 400k to 500k. He bought it brand new at a boat show in Seattle. The boat is made in Paris Ca a full 80 or 90 miles form any body of water big enough to float it in. It was like hull number 2 and had lots of problems in fact he was found of saying that they were so eager to get it to this boat show the he was sure there were still workers in the bilges bolting things together as it rode on the truck to the show. list of things went from not enough ventilation around the fridge so it kept burning out to motor mount on the engines that were only finger tight. And while he did place claim for the big things much of it he just fixed himself. WhenI asked him why he didnt take those things to the dealer her would reply " well no one care as much about my boat as I do"

I guess the moral, to paraphrase Roseanne Roseannadanna, is no matter how much you pay its always something