Thanks for the post. Your trip sounds fabulous. Are you going to post any
photos for all of us to view? The NW area is beautiful with lots of
great boon docking sites, I would Imagine.
I agree with you that outfitting the 3500 is a minimalist process. And I find
this forum valuable in all the great ideas that stem from experience.
I'm trying to match up what others consider 'needs' &/or 'wants'. And how to
maximize the available space with those two needs/wants ideas.
My questions regarding washer/dryer are pretty much 'out there'.
One item I'm still thinking about is...a bamboo bath ladder. I know, sounds
goofy. But here is my thinking, (and that is what might need adjustment,
Anyway, I found it at Gaiam Store: Yoga, Fitness & Organic Healthy, Green Living Products
item #05-0617. If I knew how to
Post the info/photo of it, I would. But my thinking is:
1) during transportation, it would fit on the floor and not fall on anyone.
2) when cooking I can lean it up against the wall and hang wicker baskets etc
for cooking utensils etc. and it converts into a shelving unit
3) cooking is finished I remove the baskets and the ladder becomes a place to
throw my jacket
4) I move it to the lounge area and it is a place to throw my blankets and
store items if I do office work back there.
5) for a shorty like me it could be a step up for reaching the top shelves
6) and yes, it's a place for the towels for the bathroom without punching holes
in the wall.
Do you want to see the buckets/baskets that will convert the ladder into a
Look at Ikea's catalog.....
I'm going to hit the send button on this post but finish it in a minute or two or three
LOL I have to run.
So sorry for the incomplete post.
But thank you for your very fine advice. Looking forward to your pixs,