Old 11-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Hmmm...and I just cancelled AAA in favor of Cachet.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
And a dealer who is really worth his salt will give you his card and encourage you to call his cellphone any time you have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 11-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #31
1 Rivet Member

Sherman Oaks , California
Hi everyone, two questions for you experts.

Referenced above was "turn off 12 volt disconnect for now...and wait for it to charge up.". What is this exactly and why is this needed? Will they not charge with the disconnect on? What happens if I drive and I leave the disconnect off?

This one should be easier; how are you cleaning your ultra suede walls and removing scuff marks?

Thanks all for the help,
Rhonda
Old 11-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePlaces View Post
Hi everyone, two questions for you experts.

Referenced above was "turn off 12 volt disconnect for now...and wait for it to charge up.". What is this exactly and why is this needed? Will they not charge with the disconnect on? What happens if I drive and I leave the disconnect off?

This one should be easier; how are you cleaning your ultra suede walls and removing scuff marks?

Thanks all for the help,
Rhonda
Unless AS has really changed the circuitry, the house batteries should charge w/ the 12V disconnect ON or OFF.

Not sure what to use on the suede cloth. Might check w/ a fabric store. Or
here's one website.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
You did not absolutely need to turn off 12 volt disconnect to charge...I simply recommended it to shut off non-essential loads while it charged up.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 12-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

My goodness. For the first time in the 36 years I've been using personal computers, one of my threads has been taken down by the moderators. Evidently it is against the rules to post material that is critical of dealers. Clearly I hadn't read the rules carefully.

I was also informed that I had more than one account, which is against the rules. So the other has been removed. It is true I opened a new account when I couldn't get the system to recognize the old one, and I advised the moderator who sent me that nice welcome letter that I had done so. Glad to have the loose ends cleaned up.

Anyhow, I'm now going to read the rules carefully so I don't get chucked out of here. You all are far too valuable a source of information to lose access to.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Took me a while to find the rules. Guess it's OK to rail if you don't name the dealer but not sure. But then there's a lot of railing against Airstream and those threads don't get deleted. I'm confused.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

Thank you for the help above. New question for you today about the furnace. When we are hooked to shore power, we have been turning the thermostat up to turn on furnace and heat the cabin. We hear the fan go on and a clicking sound, but no heat. Then the fan turns off. Is there a pilot I should check? Any ideas? We haven't tried with the generator yet.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise again.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
It should come on w/ battery power. That's one manual I don't have so can't check but mine always comes on as soon as I turn the t-stat up. There's a slight delay but not very long.

In your case, it sounds like the furnace isn't lighting off. Is the propane valve turned on?

Old 12-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

The propane valve? Is that the switch outside the sprinter behind the passenger side rear tire or is that the white switch inside at the control panel. We have the outside switch off because we are not using the generator. We have. Ly tried so far using shore power. The white switch inside is on, the left switch that shows the electric current. Sorry for my descriptions and for not knowing what all of the switches are actually called.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
It's the toggle switch next to the propane fill port behind the curb side rear wheel.

Some of us have added an inside toggle switch in series with the one on the outside so that you don't have to leave the comfort of the RV to turn it on. Plus you can turn it on while you're traveling down the road without having to stop and get out.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member

Do I also need to turn on the generator? I thought that switch was associated with the generator.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Sebastopol , California
No you do not need to start the generator but you need to turn on that switch. That switch is the main propane switch and needs to be turned on to run the generator, heater, stove and sometimes the refrigerator or any combination of the same.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
You do need to have the master 12 VDC disconnect switch turned on in order for the 12V solenoid on the propane valve to operate when you turn the switch on. The frig is 12VDC/120VAC and doesn't use the propane.