Old 10-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhofer View Post
Next issue is the TV. I have not pulled the trigger with DirecTV to activate the Tracvision. How successful has anyone been with using a ground antenna to pick up local TV stations? And which particular one has worked for you?
So the standard Omnidirectional antenna was replaced by a Tracvision dome? Do you already have DirecTV at home? I'd be interested to know the charges for the service.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #72
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rockwell , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
So the standard Omnidirectional antenna was replaced by a Tracvision dome? Do you already have DirecTV at home? I'd be interested to know the charges for the service.
I haven't talked to DirecTV yet but here is a brochure I found online.

http://directvauto.com/DirecTV-Auto-Brochure.pdf

According to this brochure, if I was an existing customer, the charge would be $6.00 per month. It would be like adding an additional receiver. Unfortunately, I have DISH network which is not compatible with this unit. I was afraid of this as there is a DirecTV receiver in the overhead cabinet above the cab.

jerhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #73
3 Rivet Member

Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
I do have Direc TV at home. The six dollars is correct. I went with the DVR unit and I think it totals ten or eleven dollars per mo.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #74
Rivet Master

Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
I haven't talked to DirecTV yet but here is a brochure I found online.

http://directvauto.com/DirecTV-Auto-Brochure.pdf

According to this brochure, if I was an existing customer, the charge would be $6.00 per month. It would be like adding an additional receiver. Unfortunately, I have DISH network which is not compatible with this unit. I was afraid of this as there is a DirecTV receiver in the overhead cabinet above the cab.
Thank you Jerhofer and Jeff64, that seems like a great deal. I may well go for it.
Peter
Old 10-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #75
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Quote:
I like the way it looks in black, I would have preferred the color to be silver for easier maintenance.
I've had black cars in the past; and after my last Black/Black Cadi XLR I swore I would never own another black car due to both cleaning & internal temps after parked.

My Van is Silver and while I love the easy cleanup - I am jealous every time I see a nice clean Airstream or Sprinter in Black. They just look so amazingly beautiful!

- Nice vacation pics btw; thanks for sharing!
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #76
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Winegard Flatwave Amplified Razor Thin HDTV Indoor Antenna

I decided to try an over the air antenna to pick up local stations. After doing some reading, I settled on the Winegard Flatwave antenna. It arrived today. I taped it to the side window behind the driver's seat, hooked it up to the TV and plugged in the amplifier. The Autosearch on the TV picked up 28 channels. Local, PBS, etc.

I live about 40 miles north of Charlotte but am not sure where the transmitters are located. The AI was sitting next to 20' tall evergreens that were less than a foot away from the side of the coach. Based on all of that, I was very pleased with the reception. When not in use, I am storing it in the overhead cabinet behind the TV.

As you can see in the bottom photo, I did have professional installation help.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
What happened to the installed antenna/ampl?

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:28 AM   #78
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
What happened to the installed antenna/ampl?
It was replaced with the Trac Vision A7.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
I decided to try an over the air antenna to pick up local stations. After doing some reading, I settled on the Winegard Flatwave antenna. It arrived today. I taped it to the side window behind the driver's seat, hooked it up to the TV and plugged in the amplifier. The Autosearch on the TV picked up 28 channels. Local, PBS, etc.

I live about 40 miles north of Charlotte but am not sure where the transmitters are located. The AI was sitting next to 20' tall evergreens that were less than a foot away from the side of the coach. Based on all of that, I was very pleased with the reception. When not in use, I am storing it in the overhead cabinet behind the TV.

I've done the same test successfully using a similar transparent antenna called Wall-Tenna.
http://www.walltenna.com/

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #80
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
We camped at a very nice county park near Charleston, SC this past weekend. The antenna worked well and picked up 15 stations. However some of them were marginal and the picture would come and go.

Yesterday I called Directv and I can get a plan for $19.95 a month which, oddly enough, does not include even one receiver. It is $6.00 more to add the receiver. I asked the guy if anyone ever buys the basic plan without adding the receiver just so they can say they have Directv even though they could not watch anything! Marketing in this manner makes me want to just say no!

The other kicker is that you can only receive local stations in your local market area. So even if I do subscribe to Directv, I will still need the other antenna for local stations anytime we travel. Since it is much easier to access the inputs on the rear TV, I would hook up the antenna there.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #81
Past Prez.NEU/Membership

2005 34' Classic
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
After much sole searching and debating, we took the plunge and just purchased a new 2014.5 Ext Interstate (three captains chair and wardrobe) from Colonial. We will be primarily using it for pulling our Motorcycle Trailer with our beloved Harley's, spending lots of time on the road visiting our daughters in Ohio(900 miles each way) and short camping trips. We are still working stiffs but this Airstream thing has gotten the best of us. Of course we will be keeping our 34' Classic for longer trips. Thank the good Lord that the garage we built years ago will fit both our babies and the three Harley's. Except when traveling, no foul weather for these babies.

Looking forward to getting helpful insight from ALL you Interstate owners.

We have parking at our home in RI with 30 AMP, dump, Wi Fi and water. Love to have Airstream owners with their rigs drop by for night or two.

Best,

Gail and Titu
2004 Yukon Denali
, 2016 GMC 2500 Denali-Duramax Diesel
WBCCI #2905-NEU

AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:19 AM   #82
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Hi Gail and Titu!

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy for you!!!!!!

We are on presently on the road in DC taking in the sights. This is our first longish trip since picking it up in mid August. We are having a great time and enjoying the nimble traveling style. We made it to the Air and Space museum yesterday after a 3 year delay from when we were supposed to go with you - it was wonderful! I took a photo of the Interstate in the parking lot from the Observation Tower 164 feet up!

Looking forward to seeing you and your new rig!

Katy, Tex and Wags
Old 11-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #83
3 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHog View Post
After much sole searching and debating, we took the plunge and just purchased a new 2014.5 Ext Interstate (three captains chair and wardrobe) from Colonial. We will be primarily using it for pulling our Motorcycle Trailer with our beloved Harley's, spending lots of time on the road visiting our daughters in Ohio(900 miles each way) and short camping trips. We are still working stiffs but this Airstream thing has gotten the best of us. Of course we will be keeping our 34' Classic for longer trips. Thank the good Lord that the garage we built years ago will fit both our babies and the three Harley's. Except when traveling, no foul weather for these babies.

Looking forward to getting helpful insight from ALL you Interstate owners.

We have parking at our home in RI with 30 AMP, dump, Wi Fi and water. Love to have Airstream owners with their rigs drop by for night or two.

Best,

Gail and Titu

Congrats, guys.

We purchased our AI (2014.5 as well) with the intention of hauling our Harleys as well. We've taken a few trips, but not yet with the bikes.

What type of trailer do you have? Length? Open or closed? Have you towed it yet and how was it?

My apologies for the basic questions, but we're going to Arizona in March for Spring Training (Go Cubs!) and plan to take the Harleys. Just wanted to know what to expect with a trailer in tow.

Ride safe.

Art (Coos Bay Oregon HOG Chapter)
Old 11-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #84
Past Prez.NEU/Membership

2005 34' Classic
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Sorry - we are tardy in our response. We have not towed the Motor cycle trailer with the interstate yet and most probably won't be until spring. The MC trailer tows great with our regular tow vehicle and we are assuming it will do the same with the Interstate. Nov 19th is the day when we pick up the Interstate. Cannot wait, but the only bad thing is driving through NYC in rush hour traffic to get her home .

MC trailer- 25' (plus V nose) - all aluminum with ramp in the back. Torsion axle, roof vent, room for 4 or 5 bikes. Inside wall finished. We have it tricked out with various metal HD poster, picture of Elvis on his HD etc. Floor tie downs, place to hang jackets , helmet holders, aluminum shelves for basic tools etc. Weighs empty approx, 1800 lbs with a capacity of 7000 lbs. We have a Equalizer hitch on it.

Titu
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	226119  

2004 Yukon Denali
, 2016 GMC 2500 Denali-Duramax Diesel
WBCCI #2905-NEU

AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote