Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2015, 08:44 AM   #81
Jeff

2013 Interstate Coach
Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
You should license the Airstream Store to sell those.
My own design in consult with a local custom sign shop nearby. We like it and nice on-the-road responses so far. Lots of, "wow, didn't know Airstream built one of those." Just putting final touches on a tshirt design for my wife and I. Black of course. Will model upon completion. Mini-me Smart Car For Two on the horizon.
jkinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:28 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I wonder why they stopped putting AIRSTREAM across the front of the Interstates. ??

Maggie
Old 03-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #83
X New Yorker

2013 Interstate Coach
Springfield , Massachusetts
I love it! Great idea.

We had Airstream on custom silver front plate with black letters.
X New Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:04 AM   #84
Jeff

2013 Interstate Coach
Seattle , Washington
Interstate tee-shirts and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by X New Yorker View Post
Anyone else feeling like a forgotten stepchild? Being a new Interstate owner (5 days) I'm a tad disappointed. Is this how Airstream feels about "us"? Did I miss something? Thoughts?
Okay, I admit it. I have way too much spare time (retired). Took part of that spare time to design and have screen printed some custom (localized, Seattle) tee shirts and a key fob (hard plastic, indestructible). Working on some other items too. Do-it-yourself project since AS doesn't show us a lot of love at the store. Debut next month at Casini Ranch (Norcal rally).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream gear.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	234805
Old 03-24-2015, 06:24 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinglet View Post
Okay, I admit it. I have way too much spare time (retired). Took part of that spare time to design and have screen printed some custom (localized, Seattle) tee shirts and a key fob (hard plastic, indestructible). Working on some other items too. Do-it-yourself project since AS doesn't show us a lot of love at the store. Debut next month at Casini Ranch (Norcal rally).

Attachment 234805
Those are awesome, but how do you handle the licensing issues? Just curious...
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:31 AM   #86
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Trademark infringement. But nice try. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:04 AM   #87
Jeff

2013 Interstate Coach
Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Those are awesome, but how do you handle the licensing issues? Just curious...
Thanks. Not for sale. Just for my wife and I. Rally-wear if you will. A fun design project rather than a merchandise enterprise. Quality tee-shirt too. My wife got me an AS "Life is Good" tee for Christmas and it's already history (neck stretched out). Quality shirt for quality coach...an idea! Jeff
Old 11-22-2018, 05:48 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Sometimes I DO manage to resurrect obscure threads that are almost un-find-able.

This thread came to mind this morning when I opened Airstream's gift guide email. Man, that effort is lame. It looks like someone spent ten whole minutes compiling it.

Airstream is probably leaving about a gazillion dollars on the table in peripheral income. Trailers and MHs need a lot of STUFF to make them into complete living spaces. If they put some effort into cultivating a product selection and an official storefront, I bet they'd do well with it.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #89
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
I have never been into trinkets and clothing with brand and logo stuff on it (except for stuff I got for free from where I used to work). But agree that Airsteam brand is iconic and that they are missing out on a lot of people who do buy such things. Also agree that the stuff in the link you provided is lame. The Airstream store at JC has a lot of stuff, and don't know why it is not in the gift guide.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:52 AM   #90
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Old thread, new info.

We were talking about "the Airstream store" in this thread. But there are actually three of them (and maybe more):

(1) The Airstream gift guide, which is on the Airstream root website.

(2) The Airstream Life store, with a Florida address and which claims that the Airstream name is used with permission.

(3) The Airstream Supply Company which, at first, I thought was maybe a knock-off source, but Airstream links to it from their pages, so it must be licensed.

Why does this distinction arise?

Because eBay tagged me with an Interstate key chain listing, and I was like, "Whut?!" because I had never seen any such product on the Airstream website. So I thought that maybe the Asian counterfeit factories were doing what they do best, but then upon looking, I found that there IS actually an Airstream-authorized Interstate keychain (apparently). Not the one on eBay - that one is more crudely rendered and might represent either an earlier edition or maybe a knock-off, IDK.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #91
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Last year, at Alumapalooza, I bought two Interstate T-shirts in the garage-sale area for $10 each. One black with a white AI and one white with a black AI. I wear them frequently at WBAC rallies. I'm usually the only AI, but I am treated like anyone else. There were 3 AIs at Alumapalooza last year.

The fact that they were in the garage-sale area tells me that they did not sell in the store or on-line. Not enough interest in AI objects.

The two T-shirts are in the AI out in storage, but here is a shot of me wearing the black one at the Air Force Museum in Dayton. I was standing by a F-86D like I flew back in the 1950s.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180804_184819.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	347259  
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote