Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2015, 06:00 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Estill Springs , Tennessee
New AI owners in middle TN

Almost retired new Airstream Interstate Grand Tour owners in middle Tn. wondering if there are others in our area? Enjoy the forum and learned so much from it already.
rjjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
Not from TN but welcome nonetheless.
Tiato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjjef View Post
Almost retired new Airstream Interstate Grand Tour owners in middle Tn. wondering if there are others in our area?
How big is your area? There are four WBCCI units in Tennessee, and it would be worth your while to join one or more of them. They may not have Grand Tours, or even Interstates, but everyone I've met from any of the TN units last year at the Region 6 Rally has been friendly and more than willing to welcome Interstate owners into the fold.

You can go here (http://www.wbcci.org/regions-units/r...units/region-6) to get more information on the various TN units.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Welcome to the Airforums.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Mmmmm, Tennessee........a beautiful state.

Welcome.

Maggie
Old 05-18-2015, 04:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

There's an Airstream only campground in Crossville Tn. Over 100 sites with some people staying for the whole season but a bunch coming and going too. It's a beautiful place with very friendly Airstream owners. You may want to drop by there for a visit or to camp overnight. You'd meet a bunch of people that way. One of the WBCCI units ( or maybe state unit, I'm not sure) has a rally there each year - unfortunately it just happened. Heres the link to the campground with more info: TCPC Online - WELCOME.

We bought a lot there last year so maybe we'll see you there someday. Congratulations on your new ownership!
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
New AI owners in middle TN

Welcome to AirForums. Sounds like you have your priorities right - buy Interstate then retire. I did the same thing back in 2012.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #8
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Welcome to AirForums. Sounds like you have your priorities right - buy Interstate then retire. I did the same thing back in 2012.
Ditto. Bought my Interstate in December 2011, retired January 2015. During those working years, every camping trip was "retirement practice." I figured that by the time I actually retired, I'd be pretty good at it.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Nashville , Tennessee
Well, my wife and I are new 2015 Grand Tour owners, as well. I retired the end of last year and we went to the Tampa RV show in January to pick which Roadtrek we were going to buy. Well the plan changed and we are very happy Airstream owners now-nothing else even came close. We live in Nashville and have put on 6,000 miles on shake down trips to Texas and Maine with only minor things to work out and we leave next week to start a 4 month trip that includes Oregon to visit our daughter and Maine to see our granddaughter.
Our family has a long, strong outdoor and camping history from tents to 5th wheels and now our adult children are transitioning to the RV stage, as well. Our daughter and husband are picking up their truck camper(need truck to get to climbing sites) and our son picks up his 25 Air'stream trailer this weekend(young kids). We are planning some family rallies for sure. This has been the very best place for information-thanks to all. We will try to get hooked up to the groups mentioned. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Cirrus Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Estill Springs , Tennessee
Welcome

Thank you for the welcome and all the encouragement! Love this forum because of the (free) information and encouragement from everyone. We had a 24' sprinter Thor Citation but found we didn't need that big so we downsized. We looked at Roadtrex, Pleasure Way and few others but just liked the Airstream and the Grand Tour is perfect for a couple and a big dog. Every trip out we learn something new about the AI and ourselves. Short trips for now but come Aug. we hope to hit the road. Haven't decided which direction yet but half the fun is researching, looking at all the options and then just flipping a coin...left or right.
We do have reservation for Canopener 2016 so looking forward to meeting everyone there. My favorite threads on the forum are the mod's and living in small spaces. I don't buy anything now that doesn't collapse, fold or squish. My husbands favorites (think engineer and McGyver) are the mechanical and get good gas mileage ones.

Tennesse 'streamin
Rebecca, Jim and Charlie
rjjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:52 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
I would highly recommend a getaway relaxing trip to TCPC as has been already recommended. Great location and in the area.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
2014 30' Classic
Princeton , Iowa
Welcome, been at Airsteaming for 5 years, you will find us everywhere and you will be welcome. Pulled into a campground in Fort Meyers, FL. There was a airstream group there, they were welcoming us to their gathering before I could get out of the pickup.
larryglarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I'm down the road in Tullahoma but I'm pulling an '86 Sovereign trailer. Look up Springstream for the spring event in GA. and another in the fall, usually October also in GA. Good people without being over-organized.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote