Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2018, 07:24 AM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Boxster1971 - Thanks. Did you have a chance to check out the storage in the back? Curious about the ability to store camp chairs (7”x33” folded), etc. That big bathroom may end up being a good storage area as long as I can use the toilet.

I am wondering if the light colored cabinets have the effect of making the Nineteen feel bigger and airy? I have always been a fan of the two darker cabinets - beach wood and Columbia’s walnut.

drpeggau - can’t believe you are still waiting. So sorry. I plan to live vicariously through you, especially your lithium upgrade.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #82
2 Rivet Member

Colonial Airstream posts Nineteen video

Patrick from Colonial Airstream posted on their Facebook site a video walkthrough of the Nineteen. Enjoy.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:33 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Some 19' links again FYI:

https://www.airstream.com/touring-co...tate-nineteen/
https://www.airstream.com/touring-co...een/floorplan/

Did you know that Colonial is building a new facility?

https://www.colonialrv.com/blog/colo...ew-dealership/

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
. . .
All those interested in the New Interstate 19 can enjoy.
. . .
Thanks!
Old 09-14-2018, 11:32 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
OTRA15 - I have heard & read a lot about Colonial. In fact I was impressed with them, such that I almost bought from them, spoke with Patrick "Ray Romano" Botticelli. But instead bought local because I thought establishing a local dealer relationship was better & that would be a plus for getting serviced locally. But since that does not seem to matter (from my experience and others that I read about, like EYECHIP). So is it worth flying there all way from Las Vegas, driving a new Shorty cross country just to save couple thousand more. Between plane fare, 2,500 mile diesel expense, travel meals, at least 5 days time wasted (my wife can lose $3k a week unless she burns her limited vacation time). Not to mention dealer deliveries schedules seem to be hit/miss at best. So all that savings down the drain and may even be upside down. Anyone done a west coast to east purchase (or vice versa) and turned out to still be ahead?
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:56 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Patrick has been very helpful through the years, even though we did not buy from him [because we found a great deal at another dealer which we had to jump on ASAP]. From your location, I would be more inclined to "head west, young man," for the Bay Area or Pacific NW. Those AS dealers seem to have good reps IMO. [Search for them in the blue search box above maybe.].

Good luck,

Peter
Old 09-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #87
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
Patrick from Colonial Airstream posted on their Facebook site a video walkthrough of the Nineteen. Enjoy.
Link for your enjoyment... Check the video at about 1:06. They have raised the LP Fill Panel up to the Sprinter sheet metal body line. That is up about 4 inches. Good job Airstream!! But no air-suspension available.

https://www.facebook.com/Colonial.Ai...2347090767856/
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
Hey Mike, please send me some pics of the table set up in the front if you can. No info or images of this yet. I’ll be out so won’t even be able to pick mine up if it comes in. Maybe it’ll be on display there since it’s not here! ~John
No mount for the table up front - only in the rear seats. One could always add another mount up front.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:21 PM   #89
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
No mount for the table up front - only in the rear seats. One could always add another mount up front.
Doubtful, from the tour I took at the plant. The bathroom is a bit wider than in the extended models and protrudes a bit into the aisle. That works because of the galley is a bit narrower and the aisle to the door provides some space. A table there would fill everything up and really impede access.

The galley can be narrower because there is no refrigerator or microwave in the galley proper.

Might work for one person if front seats were both rotated and the table swung over one of the front seats.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:57 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Link for your enjoyment... Check the video at about 1:06. They have raised the LP Fill Panel up to the Sprinter sheet metal body line. That is up about 4 inches. Good job Airstream!! But no air-suspension available.

https://www.facebook.com/Colonial.Ai...2347090767856/

Most informative video on the Shorty I've seen. Thanks Boxster.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:38 AM   #91
2 Rivet Member

Boxster1971 mentioned that air suspension is not offered in the Nineteen. Is air suspension even needed on such a short van?
Old 09-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #92
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
Where are the batteries stored?
pattonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #93
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
Boxster1971 mentioned that air suspension is not offered in the Nineteen. Is air suspension even needed on such a short van?
MLWILCOX, MIKE - Too bad VB Air is not an option. I do not doubt that it probably is not needed for the much lighter Shorty. But after having it in the EXT and experienced 1st hand it's advantage in how the AI handles & it's safety benefits, especially the self leveling function and manual adjustability up/down when loading, trailer hookup, & parking in limited overhead clearance. This is a deal breaker for us (well not me but daughter & 2 of my friends).

The other deal breaker is absence of E&P Hydraulic Leveling system. For my daughter, it's ok to downsize from 24 to 19 but it's tough to downgrade 2 big safety & convenience options after getting used to them in our EXT. Big bummer.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #94
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonsr View Post
Where are the batteries stored?

Don't know for sure - but I'd guess they are under van behind the rear wheels. Airstream already mounts batteries there on other Interstates so they have the trays to do it. There is room for the two modest sized 12V batteries in the Interstate 19.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Around 6:15, they have a little cabinet under the closet. Had missed that on other videos and pictures. I like - may put this in our T1N. Also liked the moving cushions that complete the bed near the TV. Thinking of this also - but manual (this was on the Colonial Video)
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #96
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Looking at the "Fit RV" Hershey PA Show review. At 5:45 in their video they give a brief look at the AI '19.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
And a quick mention at 8:07 in this "Wendlands" video:
Old 09-22-2018, 06:21 AM   #98
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
19’

Called Airstream Ohio twice last week and finally got a call back and answer. My unit, and others, were held up due to mismanufacured wire harnessing. I kinda chewed them out for very poor customer contact and absolutely crappy service. He agreed. My unit is supposed to be released 9/25 so the saga continues. This industry truly seems to be way behind the times. Needs some Millennials in there to bring it to the future. They are also overwhelmed with huge growth annually and currently make money in spite of mediocre customer service. I predict those behaviors and days are numbered.
drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #99
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
Called Airstream Ohio twice last week and finally got a call back and answer. My unit, and others, were held up due to mismanufacured wire harnessing. I kinda chewed them out for very poor customer contact and absolutely crappy service. He agreed. My unit is supposed to be released 9/25 so the saga continues. This industry truly seems to be way behind the times. Needs some Millennials in there to bring it to the future. They are also overwhelmed with huge growth annually and currently make money in spite of mediocre customer service. I predict those behaviors and days are numbered.

Sorry to hear of the most recent reason for delay. My guess is you'll be pleasantly surprised if they actually release it in two days.

I know I'd be on pins & needles if it were me anxiously awaiting my new rig.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #100

2016 19' International
La Mesa , California
TLDR: Shorty 19's the ideal short wheebase interstate base station/ day use, drives between hotels or family, and 4x4 plus short wheelbase promises great maneuverability and increased all weather off highway capability.

The shorty 19 may fill in a niche for another demographic those that will rarely camp instead preferring hotels or staying with friends and family or day trips day hikes and day activities where you want a kitchen and bathroom. The bathroom looks a little roomier than even the longer interstates and with the seats folded up it would be a plenty of roomy base station for activities better than even the base station trailer.

Maneuvering and parking the shorter wheelbase will give it a new ability in national parks and a 4x4 on a shorter chassis promises a big Improvement in off highway capability. The 3.0 diesel Sprinter based will never be a rocket but it should be lighter too and merge a little quicker in hold speed a little better on the grades.

I'd be inclined to use it as a base temperate weather when I love sleeping on a cot outside.
My favorite floor plan for camping use would be a Grand Touring 24 twin with an option for an extra fold up seat or two. Even the shorty has two extra bump seats in the back... if they're on or behind the axle it's going to be bumpy back there...

There's also those who need access to a restroom because of a medical condition or advancing age but don't want a full camper and a bathroom on wheels offers a lot more freedom vs plamning around restroom stops.
dylanmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote