Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #169
2 Rivet Member
 
Naperville , Illinois
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Now what?

I was driving Shorty to the shop the other day to get the blinds fixed and the tv checked out. Yes everything was turned on the TV but I think it is just disconnected from the antenna and they will have to figure that out. While I was driving, the entire infotainment system crapped out completely! Seems to me that they really scurried to get these things out and were pretty careless. This repair and the blinds are delaying my video. Just want to keep you guys posted. I could’ve used it today because I went out early to photograph sandhill crane’s and it would’ve been nice to make it my home base and to take a nap but I will have to wait.
__________________

drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #170
2 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Dataw Island , South Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 23
New discovery today...anyone else?

Still learning all the systems on our new AS19. Started generator and put AC on (still 84 degrees in SC)....interior temperature kept reading 85 degrees even though it was freezing inside and AC still running on max. Discovered what I suspect is the temperature sensor on the left side as you enter coach through the side door. They are mounted just above the new Czone touch panel. These touch panels are quite hot with or without backlight on and are affecting the thermostat. Spoke with representative at Colonial today and he will escalate this to Airstream technical support. My suspect is that these sensors for the AC and Truma system will need to be repositioned.
__________________

skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:28 AM   #171
2 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Dataw Island , South Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 23
They have a fix...software update arriving today

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
Still learning all the systems on our new AS19. Started generator and put AC on (still 84 degrees in SC)....interior temperature kept reading 85 degrees even though it was freezing inside and AC still running on max. Discovered what I suspect is the temperature sensor on the left side as you enter coach through the side door. They are mounted just above the new Czone touch panel. These touch panels are quite hot with or without backlight on and are affecting the thermostat. Spoke with representative at Colonial today and he will escalate this to Airstream technical support. My suspect is that these sensors for the AC and Truma system will need to be repositioned.
Colonial RV and Airstream have been very attentive to this and have apparently found a solution in a timely manner. They have overnighted a SD to update the czone systems arriving today. I have the instructions to perform update and will report on it’s success. I am sure Airstream or the dealer will be on contact with the new AI19 owners. I am wondering how many have been delivered.
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:40 AM   #172
Rivet Master
 
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
. . .
. . . Seems to me that they really scurried to get these things out and were pretty careless.
. . .

Welcome to the newer and better Thor/Airstream production dynamic.

Thanks for all the updates . . . hope it works out.

A great design in the 19' IMO.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:14 AM   #173
2 Rivet Member
 
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 32
Skiphoyt - good to know your issues have been addressed quickly by Colonial and the fixes can be dealt with without having to drive back to NJ.

My nearest Interstate dealers are about 3.5 hours away from me (west of Columbia, SC and north of Richmond, VA). I worry about having to drive back and forth when problems arise.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #174
Rivet Master
 
2014 27' FB International
Macon , Georgia
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 509
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
My nearest Interstate dealers are about 3.5 hours away from me (west of Columbia, SC and north of Richmond, VA). I worry about having to drive back and forth when problems arise.
I am surprised that Out Of Doors Mart, near you, doesn't sell Interstates, being the oldest Airstream dealer in the nation and no other Interstate dealers in NC.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:09 PM   #175
2 Rivet Member
 
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 32
Roadtech - I also wish Out Of Doors Mart would sell the Interstates. They are a 5 Rivet dealership and only an hour and 15 minutes from my house. I did speak with the service department and they can service the Interstate on many items. It just depends on the issue.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #176
2 Rivet Member
 
Naperville , Illinois
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Posted video

Hi enthusiasts! I apologize for my long delay in posting a video of the Airstream Interstate 19. Some of it is my fault and some of it is the fault of the weather and some of it is the fault of just having things fixed and maintained. Nonetheless, please feel free to check it out on my YouTube channel. I think this will get you there:

https://youtu.be/XNNsE52TFbE

Please give it a thumbs up even if you don’t like it! I have a ton of subscribers but feel free to subscribe and I will not hold that against you! Also, feel free to ask any questions. It will be obvious that I am not grossly technologically savvy so I apologize in advance.
drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #177
2 Rivet Member
 
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 32
Thanks for posting the video. I just really love the Nineteen. BUT ... I can’t believe the AC only runs on high. Why would Airstream cheap out on the AC?
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:49 AM   #178
2 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Dataw Island , South Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 23
Same A/C issue

Same issue here with the A/C only running on one speed ‘blasting’! Was my first call to Colonial techs and was told to leave fan on auto and it would adjust the fan speed. This did not work due to the faulty location of the thermostat sensor directly above the czone panel. This panel gives out much heat and falsely shows a cabin temperature close to 90 degrees even when it is actually 68 degrees so A/C NEVER slowdown. I did the software update that Airstream sent to supposedly address this issue but it only slightly reduced the panel’s heat output. My thought is that either I completely disconnect this panel or relocate the sensor.

We love our ‘daily driver’ and I have been able to correct all the little annoyances ie., screen door rattle gone, sink cover rattle gone, side cushions and decorator pillows now stay in place, replaced the solid black very thin carpet mat with a custom Lloyd berber mat along with a matching entry mat, etc etc.

We leave next week on our first ‘outing’ visiting friends and family in PA...plan to overnight in RV parks, relatives driveways, and some hotel stays. The AI19 has more than adequate storage in the coach and behind and under rear bench seat. Even room for two aluminum folding chairs inside rear doors!

I will also try to post a video or pics of these ‘fixes’ and how we keep it looking showroom ready.
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #179
Rivet Master

 
2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
Odd indeed about the one-speed operation of the a/c blower. Something is definitely amiss.

1) When shopping for my replacement a/c this past Summer, I didn't find any that weren't at least two-speed blower units.

2) While my prior Coleman a/c had only what I'd describes as "High & Higher" fan speeds, my new Mach 8 Plus has a true lower blower speed. And the reduced noise is much more comforable to live (and sleep) with.


.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #180
Rivet Master

 
2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
Hi enthusiasts! I apologize for my long delay in posting a video of the Airstream Interstate 19. Some of it is my fault and some of it is the fault of the weather and some of it is the fault of just having things fixed and maintained. Nonetheless, please feel free to check it out on my YouTube channel. I think this will get you there:

https://youtu.be/XNNsE52TFbE

Please give it a thumbs up even if you don’t like it! I have a ton of subscribers but feel free to subscribe and I will not hold that against you! Also, feel free to ask any questions. It will be obvious that I am not grossly technologically savvy so I apologize in advance.
Nice video. Thanks.
__________________

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Price paid vs asking price mtbexpert Sprinter and B-van Forum 32 10-06-2018 05:58 AM
Price Paid to Price Asked BillWill Trailer Values 46 08-11-2009 06:03 PM
New layout and idea truckasaurus Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 15 01-29-2009 10:35 AM
27' B tank layout and weight reduction questions pneum0 2002 Safari 12 09-13-2004 01:33 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.