Old 02-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #57
Mike from Canmore

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Calgary , Alberta
I'm so sorry. That kind of thing is SO FRUSTRATING! I hope you guys have a laugh over this at your 25th Anniversary . . . We hang two separate sets of keys on the hooks inside the trailer door, and every time we leave, each of us takes a set. And at one time or another, EACH OF US has lost our set, at least temporarily.

Once you get into a routine with the trailer, it will all come naturally. At first, it's a little overwhelming . . . .

Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
I have a set of spare keys inside a push button combination lock case that is VERY securely fastened to a concealed, yet easily accessible part of the trailer structure.

I also keep spare TV keys inside the trailer, and spare trailer keys inside the TV.

Add a serious case of an OCD habit of remembering to clip my key ring to my person when I'm out and about, and we're usually good to go.

Worse case scenario, I just have to decide which window to break to get inside one of the vehicles...(grin)

2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:17 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
2006 22' Interstate
Little Rock , Arkansas
With reference to Streamaway’ lost keys

I share a “warehouse” with 3 other AS owners, with a total of 3 AS trailers (‘62–‘08?) and one Interstate. Our newest was asking questions as he tried to puzzle out the ways we could get water to run in our AS. I showed him where his fresh water tank fill tube door was, but his keys were not handy. On a whim I tried my ‘79 Sovereign key on his water fill door, and it opened! I can’t remember his AS year/model, but I think it might be ‘08 (?).

Then I went over to our ‘06/07 Interstate and tried the ‘79 key there, and it opened the Water door too! So find someone with an AS and try their keys!

I didn’t try the keys to outside cabinets on the ‘79 (rear locker, front 2 battery access doors) anywhere else (like the outside shower access door on the Interstate), but I will.

Point is, there appears to be some redundancy for some of the keys. As always, if you have a copy of the key you need another of, it’s always way less expensive. Even for just one key—if it reduces the cost from say (guessing) $50–100 to figure out the key to $2–3 for duplicating a key, that’s significant.
duckdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:14 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
The water door key is usually a 751 key. Bog standard darn near forever...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:00 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Streamaway -> Keylist document

Also, suggest you hide a duplicate door key where you can retrieve it if necessary.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #62

1998 25' Safari
Flagstaff , Arizona
Awesome! Thank you...finally found a nice Airstream dealer part guy up in Boise Idaho- unlike the Scottsdale folks, he actually took the time after I sent him photos of my compartments, and located all my keys! And it didn't cost but $20.00 to get all the keys mailed to me- hope to get them this week! Thanks to everyone for such great support!!

Streamaway is offline   Reply With Quote