Old 09-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Another point worth noting is that if you're thinking of getting another RV from any of the other mainstream manufacturers, you're likely to have to put up with similar shakedown issues all over again.
With your Interstate, it's really worth pursing - especially since you have a 3 year warranty. They can all be resolved given time and patience.
Good luck with your decision.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
I concur with everyone above. It's human nature to complain and feel bad when things go wrong (me included), but in the end, I love my Interstate. I admit to looking around to see what else is out there, but I haven't yet found anything better in this price range. Just my 2 c.
David

Old 09-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
Wife and I brought our Interstate in to see how much we can sell it for today and I was in shock when he told us how much. We said thank you and walk out the place without looking back, but at least we got a free waste dump. We were going to lose almost 22000 for only a few months of usage if we had decide to sell it, but I can't picture losing that much money. I just want to say thank you to everyone for the great advices and all the Infos I get from this forum.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
And then they would turn around and sell it for at least $10,000 of that $22,000 I suspect.
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
hamiltonmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
If you would only lose $22k including your sales tax then that doesn't seem that bad to me. You will probably lose more by waiting. Not sure how it works with the sales tax in Texas. I know in CA mine was around $10k

You will also lose your monthly payments as more time goes by and if you wait until the 2016s are out, your unit will be worth less.

You bought a high ticket item, you can't just take it back a few months later and not expect to lose $$$.

Check you PM
Old 09-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Need advice on selling my Interstate.

If you don't want an RV at all then selling now to cut your losses is probably a good idea. However if you still want to have a B-van or some other RV keeping your Interstate makes sense. Sure it will be worth less in each future year - but you will use it and that's just the cost of use or depreciation.

Again, just my 2 cents. Best of luck in you decision.

- - Mike
2013 AS Interstate on 2012 MB Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #21
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungrace View Post
We were going to lose almost 22000 for only a few months of usage if we had decide to sell it, but I can't picture losing that much money.
If it's just going to turn into a lawn ornament because you never use it, you might as well sell it even if you think you're taking too much of a loss. After all, you also would loose the need to insure it, fuel it, maintain it, and all of those other ongoing expenses.

And besides, that quote you got from the dealer is— like everything else out of a dealer's mouth— negotiable. If you're willing to sit down across the table from him and fight for it, you can get him to offer more. I can't predict how much more…
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #22
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
I have had allot of issues with mine as well, lose wires that cause items to fail or short and blow fuses (bad crimps on connectors). Seatbelt plastic guide falling out. Dead batteries. Etc. all in 1st year of ownership and 20,000 miles.

Dealer would have fixed all under warranty - but 5 hr one way to the dealer so I'm left to my wits and a nice multimeter to make the repairs myself.

Frustrating to have to start fixing QC issues on a $150,000 rig within 3 days of purchase.

Hopefully I'll have the wrinkles out soon and get to enjoy many years of peaceful ownership after that.

Mike
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #23

Memphis , Tennessee
I purchased my 2015 around 2 months ago. I had several issues while driving it home from Tom Johnson RV in NC. I expected after spending that amount of money I would not have any issues. Reality is in the RV world, issues are reality. Things happen and that is what a warranty is for but one would think at minimum the dealer would test drive and make necessary repairs prior to selling. Numerous rattles, radio in demo mode, carbon monoxide alarm failure beeps, missing parts and roof leak in the shower to name a few. By making those repairs prior to pick up = a much happier experience for the customer. Also, if you are not a fix it person then plan for several trips to the dealer. Now that I have accepted my AS for what it is, I enjoy tinkering with it and getting it to what it should have been day one. I love the truck...now!
Old 09-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #24
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman View Post
I love the truck...now!
Funny you said that - my wife thought the exposed tie down hooks in the rig were odd; then I reminded her it was a CARGO VAN

So that what we call ours - when we tell friends we'll drive because we have a 'Cargo Van' they are pretty surprised when we pull up in the AI!

I'm getting there - soon as I get the batteries swapped out I should be good.

(latest issue was bathroom fan wouldn't work, trouble shot all the electrics; then checked power at the fan and had 12v so figured bad fan; Before I got on the roof and pulled the fan out I thought I might be able to replace the fan motor - as I was disconnecting everything from inside the bathroom I saw the motor had an inline fuse on the fan itself (above the connection); replaced it and all is good. . . . 3 hrs that could have been 1 hour if I'd known there was another fuse inline on the motor I would have checked sooner. Good news is I didn't need to pull out the fan and mess with waterproofing, etc)
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
Yes RV ownership has been not that different from homeownership. Had my batteries replaced, dealer mess up: then battery monitor installed incorrectly: leak in vent frame (factory missed a screw) : split macerator hose: intermittent failure of generator. And my own luck to find the only roofing nail on 500' driveway, and pick it up in the shoulder of the tire....new tire now. But not anything bad enough to totally tick me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 09-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
Decision is made to sell our Interstate. I can't find a price guide for a 2014.5 Interstate Ext lounge model with only 3300 miles on it so I'm about to list it for 133,000 with the transferable warranty. Is that price too high or can I list it higher and let people negotiate it down?
Old 09-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #27
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Remember if you list it too high you won't have any Buyers to negotiate with.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
It seems a little bit high to me but then I don't know what your sticker price was.

I got my 2011 with 4000 miles on it about 3 years ago and it was less than a year old for about 30% off of sticker. That should give you a data point. But it is 3 years old.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote