Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

West Coast , Nevada
MSRP discount? Best place to buy - Southern NV Area

Hi - I'm new to the forum, so excuse any protocol mishaps - but I'm interested in buying an Airstream Interstate to do some cross country tripping with my 8 and 10 yr old. Any recommendations on where to buy an Interstate and who has the best supply on the lot? Should I get the solar power and Sat TV?
redantair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Sky River RV in Paso Robles Ca should have an excellent selection and aren't afraid to run discounts.
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by redantair View Post
Hi - I'm new to the forum, so excuse any protocol mishaps - but I'm interested in buying an Airstream Interstate to do some cross country tripping with my 8 and 10 yr old. Any recommendations on where to buy an Interstate and who has the best supply on the lot? Should I get the solar power and Sat TV?
Solar panel is handy, but is usually just enough power to trickle charge your house batteries to keep them topped up w/o using alternator or generator as much to do so. If you will be watching a lot of TV satellite would be great. However, the HD receiver and booster that is typically installed in Airstream B coaches is very adequate. And it has a built in DVD player.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
If you haven't already, I would suggest you search RVs For Sale On RV Trader® - New and Used Fleetwood,Airstream,Winnebago,Keystone,Forest River,Newmar RVs and More-RVTrader.com for a wide selection of dealers who stock the interstate.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
If you're looking to buy new, from a dealer, you can't go wrong using the "dealer locator" at Airstream, Inc: http://www.airstream.com
Old 05-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
I have always heard Colonial Airstream in NJ was the place for price and service. People seam to travel great distances to get one from them.

Never dealt with them myself. Do go to their website to see there video tours etc.

Tony
Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony S View Post
I have always heard Colonial Airstream in NJ was the place for price and service. People seam to travel great distances to get one from them.

Never dealt with them myself. Do go to their website to see there video tours etc.

Tony
They will also deliver. Charge is usually about $3.00 per mi. r/t. Colonial would likely have dependable conscientious drivers. Or pay more and have it shipped in protective wrap on a DOT certified flat transport.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
If you're looking to buy new, from a dealer, you can't go wrong using the "dealer locator" at Airstream, Inc: http://www.airstream.com
Protag did you get yours at Foley?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
I priced shopped several dealers over the phone and ended up dealing with the one closest to my home. I got about $16k off of MSRP when I bought our 2012 Interstate in August of 2011 (they still had new 2011's on the lot at the time and mine was fresh off the transport truck when I bought it). I've never seen anyone post their purchase prices on here so hopefully I am not commiting a faux pas by posting this.
russ240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

West Coast , Nevada
Thanks everyone for your input. I found a decent deal and will be taking my delivery sometime in the next month!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Protag did you get yours at Foley?
Yes.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your input. I found a decent deal and will be taking my delivery sometime in the next month!
The cheapest cost, is not necessarily the "best buy".

A super cheap trailer, usually will not be serviced out, as it's supposed to be, nor will that kind of dealer be interested in any warranty servive work.

As the old saying goes, "you will get what you pay for".

Use other owners as a reference.

A dealers positive reputation, should always be at the top of a buyers list.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
That's great. Sooo exciting! Enjoy and, again, welcome to the community.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ240 View Post
I priced shopped several dealers over the phone and ended up dealing with the one closest to my home. I got about $16k off of MSRP when I bought our 2012 Interstate in August of 2011 (they still had new 2011's on the lot at the time and mine was fresh off the transport truck when I bought it). I've never seen anyone post their purchase prices on here so hopefully I am not commiting a faux pas by posting this.
I don't think you committed a faux pas. I also purchased my Avenue below MSRP. I expect few of those purchased were purchased at MSRP.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #15
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Did you decide to go w/solar panel and sat installed or wait to install on the prewire that is available for future.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

West Coast , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Did you decide to go w/solar panel and sat installed or wait to install on the prewire that is available for future.
I bought a 2014, so I think that is standard for that year.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
That's great. My Avenue was standard prewire w/solar installed. Bet the 8 and 10 year old are eagerly anticipatory. Enjoy!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Muskogee , Oklahoma
Quote:

Tony
Bought mine there, and drove about 2800 miles. I would do it again if that is any indication of just how good a dealer they are. Great price, and service. I wish I could move them about 1000 miles to the west.

Gerald
Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
I bought my 2013 interstate in may 2012. I believe it was one of the very first 2013 models off the line. Fully loaded with solar and 2 tvs, the MSRP on our ext lounge was 139k. Paid 119k. I couldn't recommend the dealership more. Our after purchase experience has been over the top. The sales rep has met/dropped me at the airport twice while we had it in for service. They also made arrangements for it to go to the mbz dealer, filled it with propane and has it detailed for me while it was there.

Wagon trail RV, Las Vegas.
John Chelist

Last time I was there they had just placed an order for 13 interstates. Ours was custom made (had it built without the rear wardrobe. The dealer liked it so much they ordered several more just like it. Now airstream offers it as an option). Anyway, they had it exactly the day they promised.
jquayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:32 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Quote:

Tony
Purchased three New Airstreams from them over the years - great folks who also (thanks to me) are masters if the ProPride install... 😉
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote