Old 10-28-2015, 06:08 AM   #29
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
These look like the ones attached with tiny suction cups? I use something similar, tho mine are a peel and stick, moveable sunshade.

The windows can still go up and down, but these cut the glare and heat tremendously.
Mine are held in place by cling film, not suction cups. But the cling film is only one layer; the other layer is a see-through fabric of some kind, hence the need to peel them off before lowering the windows. They are very effective at cutting glare and UV light.

WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #30
Rivet Master
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
I bought one of those indoor-outdoor battery operated thermometers at Walmart for ten bucks with the intention of sticking the digital read-out on the dash and perhaps inserting its transmitter into the Fantastic outer vent shroud (I could also put it under the chassis but it would receive a lot of pavement radiation).

My husband laughed at me and said, "If you want to know the temperature, why don't you just roll down the window, duh?"
I take it that the T1Ns don't have the external temp. display on the IP.

Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is simply a glass that was over designed.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Originally Posted by BrianKrueger View Post
I stopped by the Mercedes dealer in Hilton Head Island while on our trip and showed the clips to the guy in service. He said that the entire visor and storage area is after market, installed by Airstream. He said that this clip is not standard on the Sprinter Van.

He removed the clips by hand, doing what I was afraid to do, for fear of breaking either the clip or the mounting bracket. He pulled the clip down from the windshield side and rotated it toward the back of the vehicle and off. Yes, it is a very tight fit, and yes, it seems like it will break something when doing it. But he was able to get both clips off.

He said he didn't know why Airstream put them on there, but thought that perhaps they were put in place for shipment to the dealer to hold the visors in place with the windshield shade. But he thought that the Airstream dealer probably should have removed them. Yet ours were still in place and apparently the case for several others.

Was that MB dealer in Hilton Head a Sprinter dealer? That guy in service doesn't know Sprinters. The visor and the storage shelf they are attached to are OEM Mercedes items, not Airstream items. Just look in your owner's manual. I've attached the pages from my 2012 Mercedes Sprinter owner's manual that show the storage shelf above the windshield. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1446090098.660683.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	251255Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1446090119.961561.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	251256

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:56 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
I take it that the T1Ns don't have the external temp. display on the IP.
They do, but it displays as teeny tiny thin-line black LCD type against a dull amber backlight. There is zero chance I will ever be able to read it while in motion, especially while wearing sunglasses (which I am most of the time). To my knowledge, T1N's have never won any awards for ergonomics.

This is what the ten dollar Walmart version looks like. Now THAT I can read.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151030_TEMP.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	251345  
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:12 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member
2013 Interstate Coach
Sacramento , California
I called Airstream in Jackson Center when I wanted to move the visor over to the side window and I could not move it. I was told that the clip is there to stop the visor from interfering with the airbags.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
lamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #34
Trying to Retire
2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Pinehurst , North Carolina
That is correct, there are side curtain airbags in the MB and if your visor is to the side and airbag goes off then it blows the visor into your head!

Of course if the sun is blinding you from the side and you can't see where your going - you might need the airbag!

I'd say I removed the clip, but don't want any MB lawyers to know in case I get smacked by a visor in an accident.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you work until you have everything you 'WANT' - it will probably be too late to enjoy it.
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote