Old 09-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2012 Interstate Coach
Front Royal , Virginia
More Cargo Carrying Space

Hi All,

I'm looking for a good way to carry additional cargo. I have seen the boxes that attach to the rear hitch but I am thinking about a SMALL enclosed trailer.

Looking for all suggestions and comments.

SGT DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
I know you said you are looking for a small enclosed trailer and I looked at several before finally deciding on a Stowaway 2 MAX on a Swingaway mount. It is well made, swallows an amazing amount of "stuff", is very stable, a convenient height for loading and unloading, and so far has worked very well for me. The only quibble I have with it is the Swingaway mount does not allow it to swing quite far enough to fully open the right hand rear door.

Four things tilted my scales toward the Stowaway as opposed to a small luggage trailer…
  1. The Stowaway was less expensive
  2. Trailers require a LOT more maintenance, bearings, tires, etc.
  3. While you probably won't notice either a trailer or the Stowaway over the road, you will definitely notice the trailer when backing but the only provision for backing with the Stowaway is to allow for the extra length behind.
  4. I can and do leave the Stowaway on the hitch all the time, even when using my Interstate as an around town driver.
But that is just my experience.

Make errors otherwise the Great Spirit realizes
you have finished your purpose on earth.

Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
The same folks I bought my Gearspace cargo box from sell trailers too. I have no experience with their trailers but they were good to work with on the box.

Enclosed and secure performance, utility, cargo and camping in high capacities yet compact forms. These ultra-lite enclosed trailers are easy to handle and function as a natural extension of your vehicle. | Let's Go Aero
russ240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
2009 Interstate
Bethesda , Maryland
I broke down and bought a 4'x8.5' Car Mate trailer. We had eight people in the van down to OBX this summer and you just can't carry all the stuff plus bikes in a cargo box.
2009 Airstream Interstate
ben322 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Newbie | Top | Warranty »