Old 04-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
Now it may be painful (expensive & or time consuming), but if they put it in, it can come out.
They might put the seat in before they mount the tanks.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Oh I am sure they probably did hence the painful part. Pull the tank out then the seat, reverse.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Jim at AS hasn't called me back, so I will call again on Friday and get to the bottom of this!!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Just talked to Jim at AS. He told me it's super easy to remove the seat.

You just remove the 4 bolts, pull seat out. Then, there's some kind of bracket and slide left. Slide the nuts toward the front of the coach, then use pliers to remove them.

OK, I might not have that exactly word for word, but it's something like that, and he assured me it's super easy. He did say that the only "danger" is if you do lose the bolts in the process, that they become trapped in the floor and will probably rattle around when you drive.

We might have a go at it this weekend. If so, will report back to you.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Like you would notice a new rattle with the cacophony of ambient noise already present in these rigs.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Like you would notice a new rattle with the cacophony of ambient noise already present in these rigs.
Husband said to give you +10 points for the use of the word cacophony.

Like you said, you might not even notice it. And if you do, well, that's why the stereo volume goes up to 10 (or is it 11?!).
Old 06-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
The second row seats came out today!! And get this...only had to remove the bolts and lift the seats out. Then, screwed the bolts back in. There was no plate to slide forward (like AS told me). And no bolts or screws or nuts fell through anywhere as we had all feared.

Piece of cake, except for carrying them to and fitting them in the back of our tiny hatchback....VERY heavy!

Pics below of husband working on removing bolts on the second seat, what floor looks like after we screwed bolts back in, and what the place now looks like with just garbage can and red storage ottoman.

For some reason the first two pics got flipped sideways when I aadded them as attachments. Sorry. Don't see any way to rotate them.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE all the space we have now, and are now thinking we will NOT be adding a cabinet or storage bench or anything. So much easier to maneuver in there with two of us and two dogs.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
Looks good! I have been waiting to see how this went for you. May end up doing something similar.....if my 2013.5 has the same setup.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by toskeysam View Post
Looks good! I have been waiting to see how this went for you. May end up doing something similar.....if my 2013.5 has the same setup.
We haven't figured out yet what to do with the holes in floor and bolts sticking up. The red cube is covering one set. Holes on slider side are still exposed. Another red cube would fit perfectly and cover them too, but then that will slightly block up that space for getting in and out (less than the chair did though). Might try putting a rubber mat over them. Cool thing about the storage cube is that you can sit on it too! And you can take it outside to sit on. $25, including tax and shipping, from Walmart.

So much room to maneuver around each other and around the dogs. And the dogs now have more space for sleeping. It's easier to get in and out the side door when there are dogs sitting and lying there.

We're really happy we pulled out the seats. I hope you have the same luck with the bolts and stuff. In addition to being bulky, the seats are really heavy, so you'll probably need 2 of you to carry it off somewhere else. Or, once out of the rig, put seats on a little dolly to cart to where you need to put them.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Toskeysam, I forgot to tell you...mine is a 2013 (not a 2014 like my profile says...need to change that). So yours might be same as mine.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
Glad to hear the model year...... I probably will not attempt to remove the seats for awhile. We are on the road until October, so no convenient place to put anything removed.