Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Magnum question

Hello! I have a 2014 AI and the magnum does not seem to be supplying any power to outlets. It reads "status search". Any ideas? Thanks
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Let me add that the green light is flashing
Old 10-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Is the battery sufficiently charged? What's the state of charge according to the Atkinson display, and does it match the display on the Magnum display and the levels display panel?
The Magnum display uses a phone cable to communicate with the Inverter. Check both ends for a good connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:24 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

So I don't have the vehicle with me at the moment but the batteries seemed to be just fine. Display panel was showing 100% charge, all lights, fridge running and generator cranking no problem. We will check the connection. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Check both the input and output rocker-style breakers that are located ON the Magnum. If they are both on, then I would do a hard re-set and see if that solves your problem.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
One of the outlets is a GFCI (mine was located under the seat behind the driver and the last place I looked) and may be tripped.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Thanks guys! I believe it is the GFI. It is stuck and will not reset. We are going to replace it and I hope that solves it.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Hello! I have a 2014 AI and the magnum does not seem to be supplying any power to outlets. It reads "status search". Any ideas? Thanks
The Magnum inverter only powers the two TV outlets and the outlet behind the diver's seat near the floor on the Lounge model. It is a GFI outlet that can easily be tripped.

- - Mike
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:35 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
GFCI replacement

If you decide to attempt replacement of the GFCI outlet, hopefully you'll have better luck than I did. The outlet behind the driver's seat was making a humming sound (but not tripping) in my 2011 bus. I tried three different new outlets and none would hold without immediately tripping. At that point I had to assume that there was an actual fault that was tripping all the outlets. I could not find any issue so I just put the original GFCI outlet back in and now ignore the humming. It's been a year and the bus has not gone up in flames yet. Livin' on the edge!
BurntAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #10
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
If that GFCI is located in the circuit that is fed from your Magnum inverter/charger, you might be having compatibility issues. Magnum certifies the use of only selected GFCI units (ones that the factory has actually tested) and not all that are available have proven to be compatible.

I would suggest a call to Magnum tech support to find out if yours are on the approved list, or if not, which devices you should use with the Magnum.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:07 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Muncie , Indiana
Blackpearl: We also have a 2014, and had the same quandary. Thanks to this thread, all it took was resetting the plug behind the driver's seat. Since all the inverter outlets are tied together, they seem to be very touchy.
badmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote