Old 06-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Camarillo , California
Magnum ME-MR remote fault issue?

2016 AI Grand Tour
I think I'm having a problem with the Magnum ME-MR inverter. I intermittently see Fault code “no comm” on display. According to Magnum manual the problem may be a faulty “phone cord” between display and inverter unit, but I doubt that because resetting main house power or removing and reconnecting shore power usually resets it. And, what I believe may be a related issue- Also when parked with shore power and house AC unit on (no other loads), the house power has just shut down after about 30 mins on two occasions. No fuses or breakers tripped, no loss or interruption of shore power- just a completely dead power system. It has recovered after fumbling with shore power cord but not in a consistent or predictable way… very frustrating especially with less than 1000 miles! Can anyone shed some insight? (I'm a newbie, so not even sure where the inverter is located ) Many thanks!

jacobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
The exact same thing happened to us. I kept looking at the inverter and associated wiring under the road side bed. I found the problem to be the big positive cable where it connected to the end of the Magnum inverter. The nut holding the cable on only had a couple of turns on it, so the cable made an intermittent connection. As soon as I tightened the nut, the fault went away and hasn't been back. I hope it's that easy for you. Good luck.

2016 Interstate GT Twin
LoveToWander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
Camarillo , California
No Loose Cables Underneath

Thanks! I took a look underneath and checked battery cables and other assorted cables for tightness. No obvious trouble found. Next step will be to inspect inverter connections once jump seat is removed. I may do this myself as my dealer is an hour away, but since things are apparently working at the moment, I may wait to have them inspect during next visit. Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 06-28-2016, 05:43 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Don't wait too long. A loose power cable pushing over 100 Amps could get really hot.
LB_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member
Berwyn , Pennsylvania
Yet another new owner of a 2016 AI GT (3000 miles) with the same problem. Hope to hear how it gets fixed. Thanks!
Hi Yo AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Had same issue with no comm on invertor. Wound up it was a bad solenoid (I think that is what they call it) that is part of that service bulletin 164. I had the solenoid permently disconnected and no more "no comm" or problems.
Amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:06 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member
Camarillo , California
SB 164 Solenoid

Does my 2016 GT have the solenoid installed from the factory? Ifso, can someone tell me where it is located (or post a pic) so I can check its temperature?
Old 09-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #8
Whitehouse , Texas
Magnum MR-ME remote fault issue

On my AI Grand Tour EXT, had the "No Comm" fault indication and the inverter would not operate. Airstream dealer replaced the inverter solenoid twice over two week period. The newest solenoid appears to be working, but who knows what the future bodes? I called the national Airstream service office and was told that they have received other complaints re the solenoid and have identified a different solenoid that appears to be more robust. They did not indicate when or how this new unit would be available.
Bald Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member
Lady Lake , Florida
I had the same "no comm" fault. Found the phone line connector not properly seated into the jack on the inverter. No issues after solidly pushing it into the inverter.

M and R is offline   Reply With Quote