Old 10-17-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
melrose , Massachusetts
Magnum

Magnum shows red light no comm message. Tvs don't power and outlet behind drivers seat no power. What do I do ???

Old 10-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
If the outlet behind the driver's seat is a GFCI, then try resetting it.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
73shark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennian View Post
Magnum shows red light no comm message. Tvs don't power and outlet behind drivers seat no power. What do I do ???
Check you battery voltage. You might have voltage that is below the operational threshold for the MMS-1012, which is one symptom of a 'no comm' error.

If you do have low battery voltage, you will need to but an external battery charger on them to raise the voltage above 11.5 for the inverter to start it's charging cycle. You also might try driving around for a while, as your BIM (battery isolation manager) should also connect the both battery banks and provide charge to your house batteries from the alternator.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Atlanta , Georgia
There are two electronic breakers on the back of the magnum you may also check if the other suggestions don't work. Mine tripped when my wife plugged in a hot pot while I was driving and didn't see what she was up to.

It is difficult to describe them, but they feel like raised buttons, and to reset them is just a light touch. No click or toggle or anything like that.

Brian
Old 10-18-2016, 10:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaCpl View Post
There are two electronic breakers on the back of the magnum you may also check if the other suggestions don't work. Mine tripped when my wife plugged in a hot pot while I was driving and didn't see what she was up to.

It is difficult to describe them, but they feel like raised buttons, and to reset them is just a light touch. No click or toggle or anything like that.

Brian
Those are rocker-style breakers and are only on the 120VAC input/output and should have np breaking on the 'no-comm' issue, as that is directly related to the 12VDC side of the inverter.

It is always worth a look though..........
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #6
Njg
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Columbia , Missouri
Solenoid is out!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

melrose , Massachusetts
fixed it

thanks all for your help. it was caused by the solenoid that we had installed to isolate the inverter when parked so as not to draw down batteries. fix was tapping it with a hammer to free it up to engage. may only be a temporary fix. i heard a number of these solenoid have failed so i will check with my dealer.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #8
Njg
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Columbia , Missouri
Replace with a higher rated solenoid or remove.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:51 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennian View Post
thanks all for your help. it was caused by the solenoid that we had installed to isolate the inverter when parked so as not to draw down batteries. fix was tapping it with a hammer to free it up to engage. may only be a temporary fix. i heard a number of these solenoid have failed so i will check with my dealer.
Lew removed my SB-164 solenoid and installed a proper cut-off switch. It's perfect for my needs with just one minor disadvantage: I have to reprogram the Kenwood after using it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1101.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	273845