Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
"Mac" Pump Issue

Out on our 5600 mile inaugural road trip to Alberta, the macerator pump went inoperative. Too make a long story short, it was not the pump but an apparent fuse-holder solder connection on the PC board that carries the fuses. Dealer moved pump to a spare circuit. Dealer tested it by dumping my tanks. Got back from the trip and first time since the repair, went to use pump and it is DOA again. Tomorrow, I am going to see if the pump has electricity to it. Customer service at Airstream had previously indicated that the option is open to replace the coach-fusebox. Has anyone else had any dumping issues? I personally am surprised there is no accommodation to manually dump tanks on our 2011 I-3500.
All that said we really like this vehicle!
Road Jager

Old 09-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Ran electrical check at the pump and found no electricity. Checked fuse holder on the relocated circuit and found a 15a fuse blown. During the repair the 15a fuse that occupied the spare holder had not been replaced with the required 20a fuse. Shame on me for not personally verifying. Replacement of the fuse got the pump operational. Discussion with Airstream concluded that the fuse panel will be replaced under warranty.
Road Jager

Old 04-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
My macerator pump went inoperative when I accidently ran it dry for about 20-30 seconds just before our first road trip. It was just a blown fuse, but I agree that you feel a little vulnerable not being able to dump tanks manually.