Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-29-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Sacramento , California
Lights

All of a sudden, when locking up, the lights on the mirrors don't flash three times. Everything locks up ok, but the lights don't flash. Any ideas? Thanks.
Vince and Laura

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
lamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Sacramento , California
Never mind. We figured it out.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Something wasn't completely shut?

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Something wasn't completely shut?

Yes! The front driver's door. Very embarrassing. I'll try and make our next question (and I'm sure there will be one) a little harder.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sometimes we panic a bit.

Maggie
Old 05-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamato View Post
Yes! The front driver's door. Very embarrassing. I'll try and make our next question (and I'm sure there will be one) a little harder.

Don't feel too bad - I've done the same thing several times. On a recent trip we stopped at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I started to get out of the driver's door but then changed my mind and exited out the slider. I locked the door as usual, but didn't look back. After breakfast on returning to van I saw that the driver's door was wide open. First I thought we were robbed, but nothing was missing. Later it that trip I did the same thing again, but never went far from the van. I concluded that if I opened the driver door latch and we are parked on a slight slope the door will swing open on its own weight. I'm more careful now.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
... I started to get out of the driver's door but then changed my mind and exited out the slider. I locked the door as usual, but didn't look back. After breakfast on returning to van I saw that the driver's door was wide open. ...
Apparently my subconscious mind wants to make a mockery of me, and so this exact behavioral pattern has become my favorite stunt even though my conscious mind knows how dangerous it could be.

It's not only a security / theft risk as described by Boxster. As I've mentioned on at least one other thread, our T1N Sprinter does not alert when a door is open and the vehicle is in gear. One can be driving down the road at 70 mph with a cab door flapping in the breeze and no warning signal issues from the Sprinter.

I did it again last weekend. Started to get out the driver's door, changed my mind, exited the sliding door, re-entered the sliding door, and drove away with the cab door only partially latched because I had started to get out and changed my mind.

Fortunately I'm now paranoid about the possibility (ears have become super-attuned to abnormal wind noise) so I caught it quickly.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Chicago , Illinois
I think your question has value as more than a few of us will encounter this at some point and know the answer immediately!
Marks71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Sacramento , California
Thanks, Marks71!