Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Temple City , California
Lifeline GPL-24T

Anyone buy new Lifeline batteries within the last month or so? I noticed that the new Lifeline GPL-24T is different from the original ones that came with the Interstate. The Lifeline rep told me the new style is about 7/8 inch shorter. Wonder if Airstream has a new bracket to accommodate the difference?

New:

https://batteryguys.com/products/lif...SABEgKpT_D_BwE

Old:
https://www.solar-electric.com/lifel...iABEgJmVvD_BwE
dapolrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapolrbear View Post
Anyone buy new Lifeline batteries within the last month or so? I noticed that the new Lifeline GPL-24T is different from the original ones that came with the Interstate. The Lifeline rep told me the new style is about 7/8 inch shorter. Wonder if Airstream has a new bracket to accommodate the difference?

New:

https://batteryguys.com/products/lif...SABEgKpT_D_BwE

Old:
https://www.solar-electric.com/lifel...iABEgJmVvD_BwE
DAPOLARBEAR - I do not get the concern with length since the new is shorter than old. But the new is taller than old, so that would be my concern if old bracket can go the extra 5.8mm. It not much, so hopefully enough headroom to squeeze 1/4" up there.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Temple City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
DAPOLARBEAR - I do not get the concern with length since the new is shorter than old. But the new is taller than old, so that would be my concern if old bracket can go the extra 5.8mm. It not much, so hopefully enough headroom to squeeze 1/4" up there.

I think their specs are from the bottom of the battery to the top of the metal post. I was concerned with the bottom of the battery to the top of the black cover. I didn't want it to be loose in the battery tray. I know we can fit something slightly taller but not shorter. They've changed the design of the top of the battery(black piece). I'll get under there and get some measurements tomorrow.
dapolrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapolrbear View Post
I didn't want it to be loose in the battery tray. I know we can fit something slightly taller but not shorter.
DAPOLARBEAR - But shorter/ looser is easier to fix than longer. Can easily fabricate a filler without changing tray or bracket.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote