Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Chappaqua , New York
Leaking window on sliding door

Quick thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge about AI ownership. This forum is a great resource and you guys have saved me many times

I have a 2014 3500 EXT. We love it but like many others are always dealing with an issue. Our most recent is a leak on the sliding door window. I've read that this leak is not uncommon and that some have had to fully replace the 3 CR Lawrence panels and others have only had to replace the gasket. You can see from the pics where the water is. Water leaks inside and makes the fuzzy panel wet.

Can someone confirm they've had success with just replacing the gasket? Does anyone know the name and Part #?

Also, could I choose to make that entire window fully leak proof by filling all the space with a clean bead of .... what? Vulkem, Sikaflex? Would there be an increased risk (shatter) to that window if i sealed it?

That sliding door window takes and absolute beating and I can live with the vent window permanently shut and water tight/proof.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	329039   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	329040  

Ajax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Fortunately, my 2014.5 has been water tight in some heavy downpours.

I had not heard of a recall or SB regarding the sliding door windows.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Centre County , Pennsylvania
Mine is leaking also. Called CR Lawrence and they said they don’t sell the gasket. Called Airstream; they gave me a part number and told me to call a dealer. The dealer said it’s only sold in 25 foot lengths and was pretty pricey. I considered ordering, but the dealer said the gasket was out of stock at corporate. I’m seriously considering caulk!
Lineolated is offline   Reply With Quote