Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Milton , Florida
Ok, I appreciate that most of you who have responded have your favorite ways to brew coffee - French Press, precolator, instant, egg shells etc. However, that was not the question I was asking. More precisely, I wanted to know if using a 700w coffee maker (Keurig B130) could be used on the 750w Interstate inverter without tripping a breaker.

I can report here that yes, for those who have an Interstate with a 750w inverter or anyone else with a similar setup, that it is possible to use a Keurig B130 commercial coffee maker on their inverter safely. This eliminates the need to fire up the generator just to brew a cup of coffee.

It took 3 minutes to brew the coffee. 700w / 110v = 6.36A x 0.05h = 0.32Ah total current draw to brew one cup of coffee.

So, no worries drawing the battery down while bondocking.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Even allowing for the conversion loss (inverters are not 100% efficient) that's not too much drawdown on the house batts. Thanks for the information!
Wayne

AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #31

Currently Looking...
2006 22' Interstate
Babylon , New York
Melitta manual coffee maker

I have pondered on the coffee making methods mentioned in this topic. I was considering a 4 cup mini electric coffee maker. I got to thinking that we have a Melitta manual coffee maker in the attic which may work out better with no electric draw. It has an upper chamber where you place coffee in a paper filter and pour boiling water over it.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtripp View Post
I have pondered on the coffee making methods mentioned in this topic. I was considering a 4 cup mini electric coffee maker. I got to thinking that we have a Melitta manual coffee maker in the attic which may work out better with no electric draw. It has an upper chamber where you place coffee in a paper filter and pour boiling water over it.
If you aren't a fan of coffee from a French press, The Melitta filter will probably give you the best coffee over any other method (in my opinion). If it takes the larger filter, rather than the small single serve sized one, you could get yourself an insulated carafe to make let the coffee drip into so that you'll have hot coffee beyond just a single cup. Another nice option is the chemex coffee maker, but you'd need to pack it carefully.

Chemex | Chemex® Coffeemakers & Filters

cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote