Old 07-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Muskogee , Oklahoma
My 2011 didn't come with the Kenwood, but I added it later. When I did so, I had the installer run a audio cable the the composite connection in the overhead compartment, which runs to the rear tv/dvd unit. I then connected the headphone out to the composite cable that runs to the overhead connectors since the TV has no RCA jacks. I then connected the new video/audio cables to the input to the Kenwood deck that were connected to the composite connectors in the overhead compartment. I now can have TV audio over the rear speakers and use the remote to control the sound from the back. If I use a satellite (rarely as I hate to hassle with the external antenna) I use the HDMI cable to the TV (yes, there is one there, behind the panel).

The sound quality isn't great, but that is a limitation of the poor audio output of the TV, not the Kenwood Deck.

GM

Old 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Muskogee , Oklahoma
Angry

One of the first things I did was modify the TV mount for the wardrobe-closet-door mounted TV (what a dumb idea that is!) was to modify the mount with a pivoting swivel so I can actually watch TV. How I did this is outlined on the Yahoo Interstate Group. Otherwise, like you, I could only see a washed out image.

Gerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquayle View Post
I have the stock sandy as well. They seem fine for the use. My only real complaint is that the rear tv arm doesn't pivot up/down and the tv image when viewed off angle is quite poor. (We get this a lot when laying down in the back watching tv)

Other then that, I really only use them with the hdmi input and have found the tvs fine.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
I have the stock sandy as well. They seem fine for the use. My only real complaint is that the rear tv arm doesn't pivot up/down and the tv image when viewed off angle is quite poor. (We get this a lot when laying down in the back watching tv)

Other then that, I really only use them with the hdmi input and have found the tvs fine.
I also though the rear TV arm in my 2013 Interstate didn't pivot up/down, which makes watching tv when laying down a problem. But I looked closer at the mount right where the TV is attached. There is a small metal pin that can be removed to allow the TV to pivot up/down with arm extended a bit out of the locking detent.

- - Mike
Old 07-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Wow, I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

(Love this forum!)
Old 08-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Sure enough! I never would have found that. You do have to have the arm extended straight out to use it, but the girls can see the tv a lot better now.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Btw, if you don't already know, kenwood post regular firmware updates for the stereo.

Here's the link:

http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/mm/firm...013/index.html
Old 08-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Rear TV Pivots down

The rear TV mount does pivot up/down a bit if you remove the silver colored pin at the mount pivot right where it attaches to the TV. See attached photo. It work good when lying in bed to watch TV. The mount must be unfolded a bit to get the TV to pivot down.

- - Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear TV on Interstate.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	192875  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Muskogee , Oklahoma
The wardrobe door mounted TV mount does not have that option. At least mine didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
The rear TV mount does pivot up/down a bit if you remove the silver colored pin at the mount pivot right where it attaches to the TV. See attached photo. It work good when lying in bed to watch TV. The mount must be unfolded a bit to get the TV to pivot down.

- - Mike
Old 08-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #23
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
The wardrobe door mounted TV mount does not have that option. At least mine didn't.
Don't feel alone. My rear television was an aftermarket installation by my dealer, and it doesn't have the same bracket as the ones with the factory rear television. Mine tilts down slightly, but a lot less than the one pictured by Boxter1971. But on the plus side, mine tilts down even while up against the wall; I don't have to swing it out first.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Quote:
Btw, if you don't already know, kenwood post regular firmware updates for the stereo.

Here's the link:

http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/mm/firm...013/index.html
Just FYI, my Kenwood DNX7190HD would not read my newer high capacity USB device. I had to use an older 2 gig device (I had to google it).
Old 08-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
I'm not sure the exact year, but I believe the dealer said it was 2010 when they started using that bracket.

If you have the mount that telescopes out and has the pull cord on the bottom to release the arm the. I believe you should have the right mount.

The pin is difficult to see. I'll see if I can take a picture of exactly where it is and post it.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Here's where the pin was.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1007758262.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	485.9 KB
ID:	192901  
Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
My 2013 came with a Kenwwood DNX-7190HD...I guess the difference is the HD radio function. Anyway, I updated the software from 1.8.0 to 1.11.0 per the Garmin instructions. However, the download put the zip files in a Garmin folder and after I unzipped them I had to move them out of the folder to the top of the "hierarchy". Then update took effect then. I have to say this was the worst Garmin software i've ever seen. I use a portable one because I don't trust the Kenwood version. Going on I-75/85 through Atlanta to Greenville SC, the GPS wants you to get off the Interstate at a downtown exit and take the side streets. This also happens near the airport...I feel sorry for folks who "trust" their Garmin's. OF course, I don't use TOM TOM because it couldn't find a house street address that had been established for years....maybe this software update will help.
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
hamiltonmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #28

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonmj View Post
I use a portable one because I don't trust the Kenwood version. Going on I-75/85 through Atlanta to Greenville SC, the GPS wants you to get off the Interstate at a downtown exit and take the side streets. This also happens near the airport...I feel sorry for folks who "trust" their Garmin's. OF course, I don't use TOM TOM because it couldn't find a house street address that had been established for years....maybe this software update will help.
There is an area in North Tarrant County, Texas where Garmin, Tom Tom, iPhone/Ipad, and as far as I know every other GPS on the market is doing well to get you within two miles of your destination. Even more frustrating is no two of them will lead you to the same place. The usual explanation for these errors is the original maps were drawn from a mis-identified base point, but that would not explain this situation. Other than that exceptional case and making allowances for construction areas where roads, entrances, exits, etc are changing daily, if not more often, I have found the Gamin maps to be very accurate, and although some of the routing might be unexpected, they are generally better than some of the more obvious routes I have used over the years.

Even though I subscribe to and install the Garmin quarterly updates, no stored map can possibly be as current as maps downloaded on demand in smart phones and other online devices. In spite of that, when I am using the iPhone GPS routing I really wish for the big display and routing provided by the Kenwood 7190 and Garmin in my Interstate.

Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote