Old 11-04-2014, 06:18 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Enjoy SEMA. I got to go about five years ago on a special offer from SEMA for non-automotive folks. Had to spend one day evaluating displays and the rest of the time was mine. It's a gear head's heaven.

Their offer this year was only good for a half day. That's not nearly enough time to see all of the displays.

If you had come around KC on 435 on the south side, you would have been about two miles from me. Could have "spotted" another silver one and since it's parked, get bonus points for a picture.

If you haven't been there, I highly recommend a visit to the Shelby factory. About 20 miles north of town and have a great tour.

Drive safe.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
...Shark,

Your "points for photo" comment had me check back. I posted this on a different thread, but this Interstate was spotted at Leonard Harrison State Park in Pennsylvania on Oct 8.

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0772.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	225760  

Old 11-09-2014, 05:27 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Spotting your own is kind of cheating, isn't it? Unless of course you expected it to be gone when you looked out the window…
This is cheating because it is self-spotting, but at least it comes with an interesting newbie-driven anecdote. A micro-gathering of Interstates in Houston Texas yesterday afternoon, with a dialog paraphrased like this:

Newbie: Some people have stopped their car dead in the road behind us... why??

Host: Don't worry - you'll get used to it. It happens all the time.

Newbie: What do they want?

Host: They want to know what these vehicles are because they've never seen them before, and now they are seeing two at once. Sometimes they will offer to buy your Interstate on the spot. Sometimes they just come right up to you to ask this, and some of them have no respect. No respect. I keep telling my husband not to talk to people who do that.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-WP_20141108_001 - Copy.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	226054  
Old 11-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #60
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Saw a silver one this morning, around 10:00 am, parking next to the Whole Foods in Hillcrest (San Diego). Non-extended version, and had one of those white domes on the roof in the back (satellite?). Speak up!! Who wenteth there???
Old 11-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Sebastopol , California
Spotted a 2004 Interstate parked at the Barlow. This was my first local spotting, the others were at 60mph going in opposite directions.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Gatos , California
Sunday November 9, on Highway 1, around Seaside CA, about 11:30am. Spotted a Black one, would not venture a guess as to the year, I'm not that sure how to tell. We were headed north bound the black one was headed south bound. They waved. We waved. Interstate owners sure are a friendly bunch.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #63
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Quote:
Spotting your own is kind of cheating, isn't it? …

I guess it is, but on this months road trip I've driven IL to Vegas on HWY36 and I70 and didn't see a single AI! Then drove I15,I10 vegas to long beach, Ca with same results.

Feels kinda lonely ( I mean special ) lol. Mine is parked in Long Beach this week. ( I love that I can parallel park on a residential street! )

Mike
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

Los Gatos , California
Interstate spotted

Spotted this one on Saturday November 15, 2014 outside the Empress Hotel in Victoria B.C..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	226854  
Old 11-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

Los Gatos , California
Sorry folks. I took it with my cell phone. It came out pretty good on the phone. I'll see if I can right it. I promise I'll get better at this.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizabethLane View Post
Spotted this one on Saturday November 15, 2014 outside the Empress Hotel in Victoria B.C..

That's a nice looking Sprinter, but it's not an Airstream Interstate.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #67
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
That's a nice looking Sprinter, but it's not an Airstream Interstate.
Not even an RV. Note the low roof. This one doesn't even have stand-up headroom.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

I don't have an anger management problem. I manage to remember exactly what everyone has done to make me angry!
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Details, details.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Not even an RV. Note the low roof. This one doesn't even have stand-up headroom.
Does anyone have any stats on how many Interstates were produced during each model year? I looked for this info on the internet but did not find anything.

It can't be many. I live in a city of 6.5 million people and I haven't seen one yet. A few days ago, I had to drive to and from Beaumont for work purposes and I spent the entire three hours on IH-10 looking for Interstates. I saw every kind of Class A and Class C imaginable (the earliest wave of Thanksgiving mobilization was underway). I saw contraptions I hadn't ever seen before. I saw four Sprinters - two tradesman vehicles (one nondescript, the other with a 26-foot extension ladder on the roof - how the hell do they get it on and off?!), and two ambulances (one alive and screaming, the other deader than a doorknob and being transported on a flat-bed, because I'm told that's the only way that a Sprinter can be moved, so you better have a roadside protection plan that covers flatbed towing for your Interstate). But I saw no Interstates. I want to make a meme a la James Spader when he yells, "THERE'S NO DUST IN HER DUSTBUSTER" only have it read "THERE ARE NO INTERSTATES ON THE INTERSTATE" but White Palace is an old, obscure movie and I haven't yet found a suitable stock image.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:09 AM   #70
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Bound Brook , New Jersey
I have no pics (so no bonus points) but as I drove home in our new silver AI Lounge EXT I spotted my first since being around the dealership (colonial) which was too much "fish in a barrel" to count. I was on I-287 NB near Edison,NJ. And I spotted a Silver sprinter RV (too quick to discern a make or model) travelling SB. About 12:30 pm on 11/19

Scarlet bison
On my iPad

Silver 2014.5 Interstate EXT
scarletbison is offline   Reply With Quote