Old 04-27-2016, 08:22 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
If you have a friend with a borescope, it would be useful to look into those tight places. I have one to look into walls and engines.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
I ran across a scam like that on Ebay few years ago with a woman trying to sell a 34' AS Limited for $12,000. It was a 2002 model which is usually in the $35-50k range. Contacted her and got routed to 3 different emails before she finally communicated directly. Supposedly it was part of a divorce settlement she got from ex-husband who was in Air Force in Alaska. She was in Houston, trailer was in North Carolina, had Arizona tag and title was in Nevada. After I tried to pin her down to exact location in NC so I could do an inspection, she stopped communicating. Fortunately one of the photos showed the red AS Club numbers. Contacted the WBAS Club and the numbers were still active and it belonged to a couple living in Phoenix. Needless to say when the AS Club told the owners their trailer was for sale on Ebay...it caused quite a stir.

Moral of that story is...if it sounds to good to be true...its probably fake!!

Old 04-27-2016, 09:41 PM   #17
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1997 View Post
had Arizona tag and title was in Nevada.
That's a flag that something is hinky, right there. Tag and title are always in the same state, because if you register in a different state you turn in the old title and the new state issues a new title when you pay the excise tax. At least that's what happened when I moved from Oklahoma to Louisiana.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:13 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet1 View Post
I finally got a literally PERFECT 2004 for a good price after actually talking with the seller several times on the phone, using Google to research the seller, and getting a bit lucky. ...
^^ The key words being "actually talking". LB_3 and I got our Interstate by pressing "Buy It Now" on eBay. But we actually talked with the seller, did a vehicle tour via Facetime (proving that the vehicle was in the seller's possession), wired no money, flew to Tennessee with cashier's check in hand, looked over the vehicle, and saw evidence of legitimate title in the seller's name before handing over the payment. Plus the seller had verifiable other successful Airstream sales transactions (he's a flipper).

Welcome to Air Forums.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Redding , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_3 View Post
Jet1, Gratz on getting the '04. I really enjoy our older Sprinter.

Replace the turbo resonator before you drive across the Rockies or Appalachians. Get your cell phone up on top of the grey water tank to check if the drain pipes have sheared off. If so, go to InterBlog's blog for our repairs.

Welcome aboard.
thanks! The previous owner, like myself, is a pilot so he already replaced that item. I even have ALL the shop service records. Pilots are good people to buy from as we tend to be over attentive! We are going on our first "shakedown cruise" this weekend so I will probably have lots of questions soon.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Interstate
san clemente , California
Jet1---you will enjoy your older Sprinter a lot. Here are the things you should consider adding or changing on your prized treasure.
I totally agree with LB 3 --- see the changes they have made and see if they work for you.
The resonator change should be an aluminum (Not plastic) replacement.
Check out the changes suggested by the SPRINTER STORE in Tualatin, Oregon. I've done them all including Sumo spring add.
Consider using 6 volt AGM house batteries (they don't outgas when charging).
Consider alloy rims when changing to Michelin tires, they are stronger and lighter.
Create more inside space, if spare is inside move to outside by hanging on drivers side rear door. I created over the. Driver and passenger storage for lightweight items. Get a teakwood floor for the shower/toilet area. Add 1 or 2 fire extinguishers in case of. Look at aftermarket add ons like---- sun visor adapters to allow you to swing visor to side windows, rotating front seats, sliding door intermediate stop, bug screens for front doors and slider or make your own, reflective covers for windshield and side windows for privacy and heat control.
Service your generator and locate fuse ON the generator, many owners forget to service or learn about generator. Consider adding a manual dump valve for when solenoid goes out, or learn how to override the solenoid.
Just a few of changes and adds that have made our Interstate more enjoyable.
You're going to LOVE it. AEW
Old 04-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet1 View Post
thanks! The previous owner, like myself, is a pilot so he already replaced that item. I even have ALL the shop service records. Pilots are good people to buy from as we tend to be over attentive! We are going on our first "shakedown cruise" this weekend so I will probably have lots of questions soon.
If you are a pilot on this forum, you're in good company - there are many (including my husband LB_3). I think it's because the Interstate is a bit reminiscent of a small aircraft, to a greater degree than the other recreational alternatives on the market, at least.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:33 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
If you are a pilot on this forum, you're in good company - there are many (including my husband LB_3). I think it's because the Interstate is a bit reminiscent of a small aircraft, to a greater degree than the other recreational alternatives on the market, at least.

InterBlog you are right on! I was an aviator in the Navy for 24 years. My last flight was a light sport plane in Orlando about two months ago. My Interstate driver's seat is starting to look like a cockpit with all the extras I've added (photo attached). My Aerospace Engineering background has also contributed to all the upgrades I've made to my silver ground effects flying machine. 😎
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1461940354.676052.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	261524

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:57 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
What ever happened to the "Sterile Cockpit"?