Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #1141
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Are you able to wear a seatbelt?

Take a look at a “Ball Pod”. Might work.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:29 PM   #1142
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Smile

InterBlog. Your implant idea reminds me of a fellow pilot back on the good old days (1950s) who had a very very narrow face and could not get his earphones in his helmet to rest tight against his ears. Helmets, then, were full of leather shapes laced together with shoelaces to fit the head. Jet cockpits are quite noisy, as you might expect and he could not hear the radio calls.

He enlisted me to go with him as support to the ladies department of the biggest department store in Sherman, TX, where he proceeded to sample all of the "falsies" to see whether he could find a pair that would fit behind the earphones. He caused quite a stir.

He finally found a fairly thin pair that were not too lacy and bought them. Sure enough, they served the purpose admirably and he used them for several years until better helmets were issued.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:11 PM   #1143
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Only half kidding about this next part - I'm wondering if perhaps I could get a discarded silicone breast implant to place beneath the static leg. Or something like one, but when my mind imagines what the ideal vibration dampening solution would be, a breast implant between the table leg and the floor is exactly what comes to mind. Something soft and squishy would help to dissipate the higher-frequency vibrations that make mousing difficult on the computer.
My go-to for applications like that is neoprene. Available in sheets of whatever thickness you need. Or find someone who has outgrown his or her old scuba wetsuit.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:39 PM   #1144
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
For a buck, try a beer coozie

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #1145
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Bank View Post
For a buck, try a beer coozie
That sounds much better than a discarded implant.
LB_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #1146
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
My go-to for applications like that is neoprene. Available in sheets of whatever thickness you need. Or find someone who has outgrown his or her old scuba wetsuit.
We have those!! We call them dry suits now... Might fit our kids... I am sure those no longer fit us
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #1147
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post

Now will that be a new or used implant.[emoji702]

With eBay, all things are possible. There are implants on there, NIB. By that I mean “new in box”; I’m not invoking a slang term. Hermetically sealed medical packaging, to be specific.

Regrettably, I would be forced to spring for two. I only have one table leg, but most such consumers would be wanting that particular item to be sold in pairs.

They also have some impressive Mardi Gras falsies on eBay, which is an alternative that I had not considered. The vision of that possibility caused me to roar with such laughter that my husband requested that I not awaken the entire campground.
:-)
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #1148
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincampers View Post
Are you able to wear a seatbelt?
Yes, lap belt. With the seat turned 180 degrees, the shoulder belt is now to my left, and slightly in front of me instead of behind me. But the lap belt does function and I'm wearing it sort of like a pregnant woman would be doing if facing forward.

I need to go on a scrap parts hunt for a second seat arm rest. Someone (Lotus?) looked for one for their rig but ended up cannibalizing the passenger seat for the driver's seat, I think. When my seat is flipped, there's no arm rest on the aisle side. That means I have to reach out and brace against the wet bath to stabilize myself on sharp turns. I'd rather be able to put my elbow on an arm rest.

I also need to build additional storage up here. I've got computer (velcro-strapped to the table thankfully), air card, phone, computer glasses, taco, drink, mouse, footrest, computer cord and adapter (I'm running the inverter so that the computer battery doesn't get low)... all these small loose items that are threatening to go airborne during sudden motions. I did install a drink holder using a snap (pic on Small Space Living I think) but I need more options.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:42 AM   #1149
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Here's how my "new office" is shaping up in terms of controlling loose items while we are in motion and I'm working on the computer using the Lagun table.

T1N Interstate owners -- Container Store sells a magnetic bulletin board (here) that fits perfectly on the galley diagonal wall, as you see below. They are very proud of their small sheet of metal ($29.99) but the upside is that NO CUTTING or shaping is needed. It's also fairly heavy gauge, so magnets adhere strongly. I am notorious for switching things around, and so unless I am 100% sure that I am going to keep a configuration, I never drill the cabinetry. Ergo, this is attached with 3M double-sided tape. I covered the four screw holes at the corners with thin neodymium dot magnets for a finished appearance.

You might think that anything attached to this cabinet face would intrude into the aisle and get bumped off by people passing. The key to minimizing that possibility is to not put protruding items too close to the corners of the galley. If the items are kept more toward the center, they are out of the way. The baskets you see in this photo are held on with four neodymium magnets (product listing here) and are just over two inches deep - very slim. In a worst-case scenario, a bump causes a basket to tumble to the floor - no damage done. The upside for me is a place to hold my Netgear card, mouse, and I put a Buc-ees breakfast taco in the photo for good karma. I might add a third basket here.

LB_3 also cut down another wall pocket (product link here) for me to use on the table-mounting wall to the left of the diagonal face. This is the fourth we've installed in the van - they are extremely useful while remaining low profile. And of course are also magnetic, so things can be attached to the front face as well as inserted into the slot. That is also attached with the 3M tape. I haven't yet decided where I'm going to attach the other half of this pocket.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:17 AM   #1150
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
I never did find a used armrest.
I bought two new ones instead. (So my passenger side has two- nice when it is swiveled especially)

Mark
Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #1151
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Where did you buy them? From Mercedes?

Thanks!
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #1152
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
I got them from eBay listing. A Dodge dealer
Old 04-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #1153
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I'm confirming the spec on the arm rest. In our MB datacard (the specs on the original build), it just says "S2", but that's the generic option code for every Sprinter arm rest, not for a 2006 (or a T1N) in particular.

Sprinter Forum has a thread that says "Part number 05103710AA (Dodge, MB: A0009706201) is interior armrest for Right seat, 05103711AA (Dodge, MB: A0009706301) is interior armrest for Left seat". As I understand it, the left seat arm rest would fit the right side of the right seat.

Some of them are upholstered, though. They are not all the same. Plus there's a black one apparently called "Venice". I need the OEM gray vinyl one.

I've had no luck with scrap yards thus far. People who part-out Sprinters would like to sell the whole seat, not just pieces of it. Coughing up a chunk of money for a new arm rest may be the only choice.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #1154
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
The two I got were ‘Santos’ and were grey.

Came with hardware and easy mounting. $$$$

I can try and find the link and send to you

Mark
Old 05-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #1155
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
<<bangs head on desk>>

I forgot to mention this - if anyone gets it in their mind that they want to make a table something like this, do yourself a favor and ROUND YOUR CORNERS.

Having sharp corners wasn't a big deal when I was using it only in the rear of the van with the pedestal legs. Now that it moves from place to place, the corners are a pain. Originally I didn't want to think about rounding them after-the-fact, because it would require me to re-do the entire edge binding, which is a time-consuming job. But I'm probably going to bite the bullet and do it. I wish I'd had the foresight.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #1156

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
Zionsville , Indiana
Does anyone know where th subwoofer is located in the 2018 interstate?
EagleRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:42 PM   #1157
3 Rivet Member

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Huntington Beach , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRV View Post
Does anyone know where th subwoofer is located in the 2018 interstate?
On my Tommy Bahama Grand Tour it is under the passenger side jump seat in the back. Just lift the seat.
Boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:44 AM   #1158
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Sometimes we don't get things exactly right on the first try. Sometimes we have to iterate.

Last night, I finished re-binding the now-rounded corners of my dual-use table (LB_3 did the fine jigsawing). MUCH better. The curve radius echoes the style of the Airstream signature window in the galley. And no more sharp corners means much-reduced interference from hooking on things as the Lagun is swiveled.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #1159
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Looks perfect to me. Although perfect to you is a somewhat abstract concept requiring many refinements.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:58 PM   #1160
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
"perfect to you is a somewhat abstract concept requiring many refinements."

Love that you were teased in a such a complimentary way. Sure many of us think that.

But oh the ideas that perolate in those brains of yours. And then you actually bring them to fruition, and try again. Lots of admiration and kudos to you.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote