Old 05-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #1303
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus54 View Post
Yes, it all depends on the current antenna and freq.
If it is a 1/4 wave now- and 1/2 or full wave would most likely work better. If already a full wave- then longer probably would not help but likely make it worse.
I yield to your superior knowledge. All hail Lotus54!

Old 05-16-2019, 03:23 AM   #1304
GREAT ESCAPES

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tenafly , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
That can work. The main point of my advice was to not get rid of the outside switch.

Also, if you've got both inside and outside switches, if the LP gas alarm goes off, I'd recommend you shut off the propane from outside, not inside. I don't know if the inside switch would spark at all when turned on or off, but best not to take chances when you've got a propane leak.
I installed a relay which completes the circuit for the LPG solenoid, which I control using the aisle lights switch. I leave the outside LPG switch in the ON position, and control the LPG solenoid when using the Generator, Hot Water Heater, Heater Furnace and Stove Top via the aisle light switch; the aisle lights aren't bright enough to disturb our sleep at night when using the heater while sleeping. I used the aisle light which is in close proximity to the rear wheel well, which activates a relay that opens / closes the circuit to the LPG solenoid; the relay and the outdoor switch are in series.

Added a Roof Rack and Ladder which allows me to utilize the space as a viewing platform, as well as storing my kayak and fly rods.

Also swapped out the standard DOMETIC Air Conditioner, for the Houghton super quiet AC Unit by Advanced RV - I really love the new AC and it is extremely quiet, and it works very well when compared to the stock unit. Hopefully Airstream will adopt this or something similar.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190418_070154.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	340854Click image for larger version

Name:	20181228_154114.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	340855

scott.semone is offline   Reply With Quote