Old 07-22-2016, 07:44 AM   #743
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by don000 View Post
This is great to know, thanks very much. This is one of the first things I'll attend to after delivery.
It's on our list, too, but other projects have taken higher priority. We put Dynamat in the cab ceiling after realizing that there was no insulation up there (and we put a radiant barrier over the Dynamat). It resulted in a significant improvement in the heat gain issue.

We also realized a big improvement in noise after we did custom carpet in the cab. But the T1N Sprinter had nothing substantial there to start with, so that wasn't a surprise. NCV3 Interstates begin their lives better off in that regard, as there is additional flooring installed.

Doors are next, whenever we can get to them.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:33 AM   #744
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
I am getting a Vortex fan installed to replace the original. Does anyone have experience with that brand?

Old 08-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #745
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotdonne View Post
I am getting a Vortex fan installed to replace the original. Does anyone have experience with that brand?

The only Vortex fans I could find were not the type to use for RV ventilation. Do you have a link or photo of this fan? What was the original? I think the MaxxAir fan used on the newer Interstates is probably the best RV vent fan on the market.

- - Mike
2013 Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:39 AM   #746
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
I'll find out soon--van goes in on Monday.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:57 AM   #747
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
The only Vortex fans I could find were not the type to use for RV ventilation. Do you have a link or photo of this fan? What was the original? I think the MaxxAir fan used on the newer Interstates is probably the best RV vent fan on the market.
The reversible MaxxFan is better, but the exhaust-only model on the Interstates is still pretty good, and extremely weather-resistant. Never had it leak even in a howling thunderstorm— closed or open— though once it did leak when I forgot to close it at the Blue Beacon Truck Wash. The guys spraying the roof sprayed water directly into the MaxxFan vent hood.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:32 PM   #748
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Tonight's project was the installation of a remote fill hose for the spare tire. I used a braided stainless steel hose from Wheel Masters Part No. 82286-S. Drilled a hole and mounted the check/fill valve in the propane service panel. I slit an old piece of water hose and used it as chaffing protection to keep the SS hose from rubbing on the propane lines. I also braced the valve stem with a piece of plastic zip tied through the wheel to keep the hose from pulling on it the valve stem continuously.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LP plate mounting.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	268325   Click image for larger version

Name:	line routing.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	268326  

Name:	chafing protection.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	268327   Click image for larger version

Name:	valve stem brace.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	268328  

Name:	air line box.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	268329  
Old 08-04-2016, 11:17 PM   #749
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ240 View Post
Tonight's project was the installation of a remote fill hose for the spare tire. I used a braided stainless steel hose from Wheel Masters Part No. 82286-S. Drilled a hole and mounted the check/fill valve in the propane service panel. I slit an old piece of water hose and used it as chaffing protection to keep the SS hose from rubbing on the propane lines. I also braced the valve stem with a piece of plastic zip tied through the wheel to keep the hose from pulling on it the valve stem continuously.
I ran mine to the rear bumper instead, using a 3-foot braided steel hose:
https://www.amazon.com/Wheel-Masters...+extender+hose
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #750
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post

- - Mike
2013 Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
I found out that it's attached to the original fan and will sit about an inch below the fan. It makes it into high power fan.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #751
mdf
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Belvedere , California
Mods on our 2016 AI 4x4:

1) Upgraded coach batteries to (4) 6v in underfloor storage box (shown on separate thread)
2) Added 2nd GP-100 flex panel on roof
3) Added center console sourced from Amazon that matches perfectly, adds 2 cupholders and storage
4) Added Fiamma Bike rack to PS rear door - doors open normally with bikes loaded.
5) Upgraded front stereo speakers from OEM to Focal components
6) Added powered subwoofer in storage space behind Television
7) Upgraded HDMI switcher to accommodate 4 inputs and 4 outputs
8) Added 4 2-channel wireless headphones - works with HDMI switcher so different tv's can listen to different things. Happy kids!
9) Added TST TPMS system
10) Installed extra hooks in wet bath, sourced at Container Store -- they suction on and actually work.

Still to come:
1) Install spring assist kit from SprinterStore (should raise rear about 1")
2) Upgrade to 2000 Watt inverter / charger
3) Upgrade solar controller
Old 08-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #752
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
- , VT, AZ, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf View Post
Mods on our 2016 AI 4x4:

5) Upgraded front stereo speakers from OEM to Focal components
6) Added powered subwoofer in storage space behind Television
Would you please provide some details on your audio upgrade ? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #753
Njg
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Columbia , Missouri
Also would like brand of 4x4 HDMI switch. Did you use the monoprice? What are your other 2 outputs? I'm running HDMI IN to my kenwood head unit so the van speakers can be used for TV audio, a glaring oversight in the original build I feel. Had to defeat the parking brake exclusion on the HDMI source in the kenwood which is an easy toggle switch to ground.

Mine is a 2016 and came with a powered subwoofer below the PS lounge seat, works great! More than I need. My problem is rattle from the Kenwood speakers mounted in the rear, with the subwoofer these really should have crossovers to limit the attempted bass response.. Now that I replaced all of my front speakers I'm seeing the limitations of the rear.. Has anyone addressed these rear speakers? Is this a job for dynamat. The rattle seems to be from the enclosure and not the speaker..

I have also solved the issue of transient internet connectivity for the dish receiver needed for on demand movies when cell streaming quality is not good enough for Amazon Fire. Small $10 wireless access point, uses USB power from satellite receiver so only powered when potentially needed, tethers to phone.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:23 AM   #754
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Loma Mar , California
mdf-
Quote:
Added center console sourced from Amazon that matches perfectly, adds 2 cupholders and storage
Can you provide a bit more detail on this. Looked and didn't see anything on the Amazon site.

Haasman
Old 08-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #755
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Yes matching console info please!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #756
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Wheelskin added to cover plastic steering wheel. Fisher C-box cupholder added to floor in front of passenger rear lounge.

Side note: these are my first pictures with my smart phone, finally gave up my flip phone last week. I'm enjoying the technology and Siri is my new best friend, but why is my steering wheel picture coming in upside down? Its right side up on my phone and on my computer screen, until I upload it to this site, then its upside down. I also opened it with paint, flipped it 180 degrees and saved it. When I upload that to this site, it too is upside down. I'm scratching my head but can't make sense of this. iPhone 6s if that matters.

Edit: stranger and stranger, the wheel pic is upside down until you click it to look closer then it's right side up. What gives?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cup holder closed.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	268636   Click image for larger version

Name:	cup holder open.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	268637  

Name:	wheelskin in bus.JPG