Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #381

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
I have no personal experience with deer whistles but a couple of game wardens told me they were ineffective and in their opinion lulled drivers into a false sense of confidence.

— Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #382
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Boca Raton , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ240 View Post

- disconnected wire to disable the auto-retract on engine-start nanny feature on the automatic step (left the warning beeper operational)

-

Where is this wire?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Teamaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #383
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Boca Raton , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Oh, and for anyone else thinking of performing this mod, use a small jeweler's screwdriver to release the pin as pictured:

Attachment 190450

Is this the fix?

Old 07-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #384
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
You have to remove the recessed storage area that has bungie straps when the cargo door is open. There is a stopper on later year models that prevents the door from opening all the way. That made it a bit harder to remove but it can be done with a short Phillips. I believe it was 8-10 screws that had to be taken out to get to the relay.

jquayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #385
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1405046386.293689.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	216089

Here's the location. Obviously it's behind the door.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #386
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Boca Raton , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquayle View Post
You have to remove the recessed storage area that has bungie straps when the cargo door is open. There is a stopper on later year models that prevents the door from opening all the way. That made it a bit harder to remove but it can be done with a short Phillips. I believe it was 8-10 screws that had to be taken out to get to the relay.

Guess I'll be busy in am.
The relays are behind the recessed storage area?

Old 07-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #387
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Boca Raton , Florida
Thanks

Old 07-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #388
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Yep. Getting the panel off/on was the worst part.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #389
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Boca Raton , Florida
Worked great
Thanks
Now have to stop beeping

Old 07-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #390
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Boca Raton , Florida
Never mind
Pulled the relay
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1405291703.659922.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	724.2 KB
ID:	216304

Old 07-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #391
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Our used sprinter came with a reimo patio room. When it was up at star parties it was great to keep equipment out of the dust and out of site..lots of room and looked impressive bit it was huge to store (got to store telescopes and mucho equipment) and it was a pain to put up. Like your description everything was a little off. Hardest part was how to attach it to the roof. Think it was meant to have rain gutters on the vehicle. For sale. $200. Just too much hassle to put up.
DavisBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #392
2 Rivet Member

2004 22' Interstate
Davis , California
Hey, I'd love to know where I can get cover for my two burner stove. Mine didn't come with one and I don't see ready made add ons. May have to make one. I wanted a cover for the sink but I use a hospital plastic tub (smaller than I can find anywhere and fits inside the sink and saves water) and inside that I store my dish drainer and other loose kitchen items when we are driving so don't think the sink cover would be useful. But would like the stove top cover.

Also,'I agree about the storage. When packed it's stuffed. Wouldn't help to have the space collapse.
DavisBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #393
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBurns View Post
Hey, I'd love to know where I can get cover for my two burner stove. Mine didn't come with one and I don't see ready made add ons. May have to make one. I wanted a cover for the sink but I use a hospital plastic tub (smaller than I can find anywhere and fits inside the sink and saves water) and inside that I store my dish drainer and other loose kitchen items when we are driving so don't think the sink cover would be useful. But would like the stove top cover.

Also,'I agree about the storage. When packed it's stuffed. Wouldn't help to have the space collapse.
The SMEV two-burner stove in my 2012 has built-in hinges for a glass cover. Yours probably doesn't, so a cover from an existing model wouldn't work as there's no way to fasten it.

One possible fix in your case, get a bamboo cutting board that's large enough to go over the whole cooktop with a few inches to spare all around, and then use Velcro around the edges to stick it down. Loops on the board and hooks on the countertop— that way when you detach the cutting board the board isn't resting on the hooks, and it's more comfortable to use as a lap desk or serving tray when necessary. The Velcro around the cooktop will make cleanup slightly more difficult, but having a cutting board that you can stick down increases your countertop space even better than the glass top we have.

Now that I've suggested that, I may do something similar with mine, so the cutting board sticks down over the hinged cover while in transit. Seems better than taking up cabinet space for my cutting board. Yeah… I like that idea.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:24 AM   #394
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Amazon.com: Instant Counter Glass Burner Cover Black Marble (look) Cutting Board: Flat Top Stove Cover: Kitchen & Dining

We bought one of these our first year with the Interstate (now 7), and it has been perfect.

Adds a bit of extra counter space and is more visually appealing than naked burners.

It is heavy enough, and with the rubber feet, that it stays in place while driving. Maybe not the safest thing to do, but we always have , and it has never come off.

The one we have is exactly like this one, and goes well with our interior, although they come in other colors.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2014, 05:32 AM   #395

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Amazon.com: Instant Counter Glass Burner Cover Black Marble (look) Cutting Board: Flat Top Stove Cover: Kitchen & Dining

We bought one of these our first year with the Interstate (now 7), and it has been perfect.

Adds a bit of extra counter space and is more visually appealing than naked burners.

It is heavy enough, and with the rubber feet, that it stays in place while driving. Maybe not the safest thing to do, but we always have , and it has never come off.

The one we have is exactly like this one, and goes well with our interior, although they come in other colors.

Maggie
Very nice! Here's the one I was thinking of…

Also available at Amazon…
http://www.amazon.com/Bamboo-Large-S...5D0DPEM2J6REBF
Old 07-25-2014, 05:38 AM   #396
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Oooo, I like that!

Doesn't look like it has feet, tho. I like the wood on yours, but adding something to keep it from slipping might be a task. Or, you could take it off while driving.

I have found the rug gripper tape to work pretty well for lots of things, and that might work for this type of thing. I carry it all the time.

One side is very sticky, to adhere to the floor, the other side less so, to stick to the rug.

Mainstays Rug Gripper Tape, Natural: Other Home : Walmart.com

Could probably cut a narrow strip and adhere to each edge. I'll bet it would work.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2014, 05:46 AM   #397

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Doesn't look like it has feet, tho. I like the wood on yours, but adding something to keep it from slipping might be a task.

I have found the rug gripper tape to work pretty well, and that might work for this type of thing. I carry it all the time,
I originally thought of using Velcro, but on second throught I might go with Command Adhesive rug anchors. Less likely to trap grease than the Velcro loops…

Given the poor state of Louisiana roads, I'm less concerned about the cutting board slipping, and more concerned about it bouncing. So something that sticks it down would be best for me.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:51 AM   #398
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Agreed.

They will still get a bit grungy, but you can replace them when they become too unsanitary.

The nice thing about something that sticks to the burner cover, or whatever, is that it comes off when the burner cover does, and there is nothing left on the cook surface to gather dirt.

I have a cherry cutting board, that I use solely for a work surface, that a nice Amish woodworker measured out and made for me, that I keep on the counter all the time.

With that, I have the rug gripper tape on the counter, itself, which keeps the cutting board in place. I like to be able to flip the board over, to use both sides.

Maggie
Old 07-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #399
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I'd worry a little bit about the cutting board becoming a projectile in an accident. Ouch.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #400

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
I'd worry a little bit about the cutting board becoming a projectile in an accident. Ouch.
Thre are so many other things that could become projectiles in an accident (think the cabinet doors would stay closed? I don't) that one more won't matter much.