Old 06-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #197
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Fairport , New York
Have not yet figured out how to post pictures, but not sure the pics show too much, since most upgrades are functional (not cosmetic)improvements. If I succeed in posting pics, I will do so.... Bill

Old 06-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #198
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
I hope the Interstate still uses a two and a half inch exhaust pipe.
What year is your interstate? Received the tip today but I'm not sure it's going to work.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #199
4 Rivet Member

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmama View Post
Wow, could you post pictures of your mods?
Yes I will take pictures but it will some time as I have a more then full time job which makes me travel a lot which is now more enjoyable with the Interstate as well as I still have some difficulties with posting in the Forum.

I forgot to add I also had a protective foil installed in the front to prevent the stone chips. Was not cheap but seems to be worth it as I already had some chips within 500 miles.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #200
4 Rivet Member

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
I used to own a set from Hawkshead, but for the 3500 chassis, I was too concerned that the flimsy rubber inner rear wheel air nozzle would bend under the weight when spinning and either allow air out or damage it, and with the plastic extender, even more so. Did you just mount them on the stock inlets for the rear inners or on the extenders? Have you had any issues with the inner wheel air sensors?

Gerald
I purchased them and did not install them yet. I did not know the inner wheel is steel?
peter
Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #201
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
I rotated mine twice in 23,000 miles@$60 for each rotation for all six. The rear inner just go to the other side but the others do have to be broken down. The first time the shop marred the rear outer rim on one wheel by placing it on the wrong side to break the tire and ended up buying me a new wheel for $300 their cost. They didn't make that mistake the second time. They didn't hesitate to accept fault even though it was a couple a days later when I noticed it. Small town, and I have done business there for decades.

Gerald
My Sprinter book shows the rotation as follows: the outer duals switch sides and the inner swaps w/ the front on the same side. So would only have to dismount, mount and balance four instead of all six as I originally thought. Of course probably would check balance on the outer duals while they are off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquayle View Post
What year is your interstate? Received the tip today but I'm not sure it's going to work.
2011 w/ 2010 Sprinter chassis. As I said earlier, the tip is a slip-fit (tite) on the 2.5" exhaust pipe. Since I didn't want to weld it on, I drilled and tapped the drain hole in the tip for a 1/4-20, 1" st-st screw to lock it on the pipe.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #202
4 Rivet Member

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
I used to own a set from Hawkshead, but for the 3500 chassis, I was too concerned that the flimsy rubber inner rear wheel air nozzle would bend under the weight when spinning and either allow air out or damage it, and with the plastic extender, even more so. Did you just mount them on the stock inlets for the rear inners or on the extenders? Have you had any issues with the inner wheel air sensors?

Gerald
I installed them and yes you right both inner wheels on the dully leaked running . The spare trie worked OK. The flimsy valve on the steel wheel even so on the pass through the front wheel it is supported. I guess it is the weight. So I will have steel valve installed in the steel and then try again. All others work perfect. Now the low alarm works well to as it alert me to the problem.
peter
Old 06-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #203
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Quote:
As I said earlier, the tip is a slip-fit (tite) on the 2.5" exhaust pipe. Since I didn't want to weld it on, I drilled and tapped the drain hole in the tip for a 1/4-20, 1" st-st screw to lock it on the pipe.
You were able to push or twist on the new tip? Did you have to do anything to get in on?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #204
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I did have to file some imperfections off the exhaust pipe to smooth it out. And I also deburred the inner diameter of the small end of the tip and doing that allowed it to slip on. It was a tight fit.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #205
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2012 Interstate Coach
Palo Alto , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billshop View Post
Have not yet figured out how to post pictures, but not sure the pics show too much, since most upgrades are functional (not cosmetic)improvements. If I succeed in posting pics, I will do so.... Bill
Thx
Old 06-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #206
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billshop View Post
Click on the "Go Advanced" button and then scroll down to the "Attach Files" and then "Manage Attachments". At that point you can either attach files from your device or from a website. Hope this helps.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #207
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquayle View Post
You were able to push or twist on the new tip? Did you have to do anything to get in on?
Were you able to get it on?

Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #208
4 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Muskogee , Oklahoma
This is the only place I could find to replace the rear inner rubber valves for the Sprinter:

DL1SPAL Chrome Duallyvalve Kit

The local tire shop didn't have a clue, nor did anyone else I could find anywhere. The MB/Sprinter dealer in the Tri-Cities area in Washington found them for me. I had my van serviced there while on a trip for warranty work-they are a great dealership if anyone lives close by. I called the parts department and asked if they knew of any metal valve stems that would fit the original inner steel wheel. Three days later he calls me back and told me he found the ones above. MB does not make steel valves for the inner steel wheel, and as far as I can tell, no one else does either. The inner valve stem must be supported on the outer wheel to handle TPMS external sensors on the end.

Gerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSchw View Post
I installed them and yes you right both inner wheels on the dully leaked running . The spare trie worked OK. The flimsy valve on the steel wheel even so on the pass through the front wheel it is supported. I guess it is the weight. So I will have steel valve installed in the steel and then try again. All others work perfect. Now the low alarm works well to as it alert me to the problem.
peter
Old 07-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #209
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
Quote:
Were you able to get it on?
Not yet. I've been out on business, but I'm off this week and will try again.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #210
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Quote:
This is the only place I could find to replace the rear inner rubber valves for the Sprinter:

DL1SPAL Chrome Duallyvalve Kit

Gerald
So have you installed those? They look great but I'd like to hear a review before I drop the $120!