Old 01-22-2019, 08:10 AM   #477
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I am sooooo FED UP.

So freakin' FED UP.

Not more than about 200 hours have I ever gotten out of a halogen headlight bulb. The brand does not matter. (General forum note - the T1N Sprinter does not have projectors. We are unfortunately stuck with the old-style headlights, ancient crummy technology.)

Last week, after dark, pouring down rain, fog, lower rungs of hell visibility scenario, bad traffic on the road from Houston to San Antonio, and I CAN'T SEE.

I'm driving and simultaneously female-dogging up a storm from the driver's seat. I turn on the rig's fog lights. Husband is saying, "They aren't legal on the freeway - you're going to get ticketed."

But I CAN'T SEE. I DON'T CARE.

Yet another headlight went out. I am SICK of this headlight dance. Sick, sick, sicksicksicksick.

So I asked MillionMileSprinter, and he recommended this Amazon product. We don't know if this is legal in all jurisdictions. AND I NO LONGER CARE. Having potentially non-conforming headlights is not as bad as crashing because I can't see. I've got these on order. Let the LED chips fall where they may:

H7 LED Headlight Bulbs 16000LM 160W 6000K Cool White Low Beam/High Beam Conversion Kit 4-Side COB Chips 360 Degree Super Bright Auto Headlamps -2 Yr Warranty

Throwback Tuesday, from when I stopped to take a pic on a quaint one-lane bridge in rural Nova Scotia, only to find that I was again missing a headlight. The headlight that replaced this burned-out headlight is the same headlight that burned out last week. I will report back on how the conversion works out.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:27 AM   #478
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
These are the ones I installed in my T1N.
Fit perfectly, beam pattern appears essantially the same but also appears noticeably brighter/whiter.
I saw them on SprinterTalk- he mentioned to have the cooling fins vertical- give better pattern.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BeamTech LED H7
(Appears to be less power than the ones you ordered)

Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:42 AM   #479
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus54 View Post
These are the ones I installed ...
I mentioned to Joel that I had seen the LED chatter on Sprinter Forum, but I didn't know which recommendation to put the most stock in. FWIW, the spec he gave me is what both he and his wife use in their respective Sprinters.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #480
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Yes- I just used the ones I got because someone used them- they fit and have been reliable for awhile.
No idea if the best or not. but seem to be better and just a few minutes to install.

I keep bulbs in the van- so I can replace on the road if needed.

Let me know how the ones you got work out (both in fitment light and of course reliability)

mark
Old 01-22-2019, 08:18 PM   #481
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Ninety Six , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
We are very diligent about routine maintenance on our Interstate, most of which is done reliably at our local Peterbilt.

They look everything over thoroughly, and troubleshoot anything showing wear and tear, allowing for precious few on-the-road surprises for us.

We have been on a longer-than-usual trip these past few months, and have not had the Peterbilt once-over since last spring.

Two days ago in PA we suddenly began experiencing what I would call sluggish acceleration, barely crawling up hills. We called Brown-Daub Chrysler Jeep Ram in Bath, PA and came in there this morning. At 140,000 miles, we didn't know what to expect in terms of diagnosis.

The turbo inter-cooler and another hose are cracked, the result of normal wear and tear, and the oxygen sensor is also bad.

The big surprise was that a good-sized filter located under the hood, which cleans the cabin air, was completely clogged. We didn't know this was there and, as far as we know, no one has ever looked at it and it has never been changed. It was disgusting.

The oxygen sensor will be in tomorrow am, so service consultant Bill Hamby offered us a spot on their lot for the night. Very nice folks here, and very pet friendly.

Everything will be switched out tomorrow am and we will be on our way. Will provide s few more specifics then.

Maggie
Does anyone have a good recommendation for Sprinter service facility, close to Greenwood, South Carolina 29648??
428303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #482
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
We revisited the transmission bushing issue today to check for oil wicking. Didn't see any, not even traces. This issue is well-covered by multiple sources, but here's a DIY pic anyway.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #483
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus54 View Post
These are the ones I installed in my T1N.
Fit perfectly, beam pattern appears essantially the same but also appears noticeably brighter/whiter.
I saw them on SprinterTalk- he mentioned to have the cooling fins vertical- give better pattern.

BeamTech LED H7
(Appears to be less power than the ones you ordered)
I have used that brand for the fog lights in two of my cars. So far, working well.

I forgot completely about the AI... let me check the type used and do the same.
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:48 AM   #484
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I don't know about whack-a-mole, but I feel like we're playing whack-a-gremlin with our chassis electrical system right now. Low voltage warnings that do not seem to persist. Could be an actual problem, could be a spurious indicator issue.

As a first measure, by no means the only measure, we are trying out this low-end device to keep tabs on the chassis battery. At least on the bench, it seems to produce reasonable measurements. I wouldn't bet my life on this kind of thing alone, but for giving gross indications of battery status without me having to pull over and open up our Bluetooth OBD, it might be slightly better than a kick in the butt with a frozen boot, or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Cigarette lighter plug with a built-in voltmeter of sorts:

Old 03-09-2019, 06:57 AM   #485
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428303 View Post
Does anyone have a good recommendation for Sprinter service facility, close to Greenwood, South Carolina 29648??

Try this link.

https://www.winnebagoind.com/resourc...rectory-US.pdf
Old 03-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #486
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
I installed a voltmeter with a switch- so I could have it monitor the starting battery OR house battery. It works darn well. (I used one of the factory switches (foglamp/drivinglamp) so it would fit into that shape the T1N has.
I’ve labeled everything with some neat clear labels since I took this picture.

I have had no issues (since I replaced the crummy factory house charger)- and I have a Battery Tender float charger plugged into an additional outlet I installed behind the drivers seat- so the starting battery is topped up anytime the AI is plugged into shore power.

I have a couple of USB outlets also- the last ones I bought have little voltmeters built in. But of course those cannot switch between the two batteries.

BTW, the ‘seat heater’ factory switch actually turns on the Espar ‘heat boost’ when the engine is not running. So I can pre-heat the engine, defog the windscreen and put a bit of heat into the cab.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8961EFB7-39D3-4718-BDED-E8CE5A1D4964.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	397.9 KB
ID:	335215  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #487
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Moncks Corner , South Carolina
Help! This tip broke off my tire stem as I was checking pressure. This came off inner rear tire. Heading to FMCA rally on Monday. Am I ok for now or am I losing air slowly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0930.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	335254  
Delores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:28 PM   #488
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Since the valve screws inside the threaded tip of the valve stem, my thought is you should have heard a loud swoosh of escaping air and have a complete flat in less than a minute. Maybe your tire was already flat,

Get that fixed, now!
(Be glad you found it before your trip).

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #489
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delores View Post
Help! This tip broke off my tire stem as I was checking pressure. This came off inner rear tire. Heading to FMCA rally on Monday. Am I ok for now or am I losing air slowly
What does it look like inside the threaded piece? Most likely those are airless extensions otherwise you would have heard air escaping.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #490
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Moncks Corner , South Carolina
Didnít get a picture but Iím thinking it looked like 2 little stems. Didnít hear any noise like air escaping. In fact I was finished with putting air in and just double checking my gauge with the air machine numbers when it happened.

Delores is offline   Reply With Quote