Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiato View Post
Agree that everyone has a a unique and distinct list. Easy way to develop is to set up camp in the driveway and set up and break down a few times.
This was my thought.

But, then, I'm thinkin'......we oughta give the guy a list, here.

There really are no lessen like one's own lessons, tho, so IMO everyone should use the suggestion above, and make their own list.

We did this run-thru, writing everything down, then laminated it and used it every time for the first month or so. Be sure to have at the end of your list "retrieve and store all tools used".

Now, I handle the inside and Doug does a walk-around outside before we pull out.....but still leaves the cap to the discharge hose cubby off at the dump station on occasion, requiring an emergency purchase of one of those when we get to our next stop. Any other RV'er seeing that hose by the side of the road has himself a chuckle and remembers doing the same thing.

Travel safe,

Maggie

Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

Now, I handle the inside and Doug does a walk-around outside before we pull out.....but still leaves the cap to the discharge hose cubby off at the dump station on occasion, requiring an emergency purchase of one of those when we get to our next stop. Any other RV'er seeing that hose by the side of the road has himself a chuckle and remembers doing the same thing.
Divide and conquer

Generally, my wife handles the inside stuff. I am tasked with the exterior set up and break down and as the resident tech geek/mechanic ensure all systems are go/no go or make them go. Only do one thing at a time and complete that task before moving on to the next. Helps keep one sane for sure.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Post trip list

When we came back from a cross country trip that was a month long, I figured that we had worked our stuff and perfected the rig placements.

Before I took everything out of the Motorhome (my current 345 model), I took pictures of all the storage spots. After I unloaded the MH, I took pictures of all the stuff on my counters. I peruse those pictures when I pack to see what i may have forgotten and to remind me of what not to take!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny View Post
When we came back from a cross country trip that was a month long, I figured that we had worked our stuff and perfected the rig placements.

Before I took everything out of the Motorhome (my current 345 model), I took pictures of all the storage spots. After I unloaded the MH, I took pictures of all the stuff on my counters. I peruse those pictures when I pack to see what i may have forgotten and to remind me of what not to take!
Wow, that's a great idea!

Maggie
Old 10-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
pipe wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeziad View Post
Protagonist mentioned (on another post) to include a pipe wrench for loosening a stubborn dump station sewer cap. I have encountered a stubborn sewer cap on a couple of occasions and have recently purchased a pipe wrench to add to the tool bag.
Try buying a large pair of channel locks for taking off sewer cap, quick to adjust and less bulk. Also,can be used in an emergency to tighten hitch ball ect.
Pete