Old 02-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Welcome to the Air Forums.

What brand did you get?
A much easier way to go is Truck Systems Technologies TPMS. They have an RV specific system that is very easy to install. The screw-on sensors detect both temp and pressure and they are easy to code to their tire location. They also have user replaceable batteries. The monitor can be hard wired or will run for a week or more on installed battery which can be charged with an included cig lighter plug. It will support up to 22 sensors, I bought 8 with mine, 6 for my AI two more for a trailer I occasionally pull with my motorcycle in it. The monitor cycles thru each tire for about 5 seconds reading out temp and pres. (you can set the monitor to not cycle thru the trailer tires when the trailer is not along). Alarm set points are user adjustable for each axle. Very affordable and easy to use system.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #17
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
It will support up to 22 sensors, I bought 8 with mine, 6 for my AI two more for a trailer I occasionally pull with my motorcycle in it.
Get two more, one for your Interstate spare tire, one for your trailer spare. Spare tires sit and sit and generally get ignored until they're needed. That's the wrong time to discover that your spare is also flat.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Get two more, one for your Interstate spare tire, one for your trailer spare. Spare tires sit and sit and generally get ignored until they're needed. That's the wrong time to discover that your spare is also flat.
Leave it to Protag to come up with an excellent idea!
Old 02-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
A much easier way to go is Truck Systems Technologies TPMS. They have an RV specific system that is very easy to install. The screw-on sensors detect both temp and pressure and they are easy to code to their tire location. They also have user replaceable batteries. The monitor can be hard wired or will run for a week or more on installed battery which can be charged with an included cig lighter plug. It will support up to 22 sensors, I bought 8 with mine, 6 for my AI two more for a trailer I occasionally pull with my motorcycle in it. The monitor cycles thru each tire for about 5 seconds reading out temp and pres. (you can set the monitor to not cycle thru the trailer tires when the trailer is not along). Alarm set points are user adjustable for each axle. Very affordable and easy to use system.
I also have a TST TPMS. They have great customer service. I first bought an internal sensor system, but when I had trouble getting it installed they exchanged it for the flow-thru external sensors and refunded the difference.