Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #1

Denver , Colorado
Info on Pricing B190

Hello,
I am looking at a B190 for consideration to buy and am wondering what might be a fair price to offer. It is a 1997 with 82,000 mi. NADA value is around
$10,500 or so. It appears to be in very good condition. It appears to have mostly the std equipment with nothing specific added that would change the cost too much. That's all I know so far. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks!
Chris

Old 11-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
NADA tends to be low for Airstreams.

I've seen B190s with similar miles, in good condition, with an asking price of double that or more. I don't know what they actually sold for, but I can't believe a '97, 82K miles, in very good condition, would go as low as $10,500.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #3

Denver , Colorado
Hello!
Thanks a bunch for your response. I know that the 10,500 is way too low but, you are right, the asking price is more than double so I am just trying to get some idea of what a fair price could be -it is hard to determine given that the NADA values do not seem to be overly helpful in determining this.
Thanks again for your help
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmprel2 View Post
Hello!
Thanks a bunch for your response. I know that the 10,500 is way too low but, you are right, the asking price is more than double so I am just trying to get some idea of what a fair price could be -it is hard to determine given that the NADA values do not seem to be overly helpful in determining this.
Thanks again for your help
NADA pricing reflects dealer sales only. NADA has no way to track sales by private individuals, only by dealers who belong to the National Automotive Dealers Association.

Ultimately, for any sale by private individuals to private individuals, the purchase price is whatever you guys agree upon. Never mind the NADA. Decide what YOU think it's worth, based on what you're willing to pay. Offer the guy a little less than that, and let the negotiations begin. If he's willing to come down to something you are willing to pay, buy it. If not, walk away, but let the guy know if he ever changes his mind that you're still interested at your price.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmprel2 View Post
Hello,
I am looking at a B190 for consideration to buy and am wondering what might be a fair price to offer. It is a 1997 with 82,000 mi. NADA value is around
$10,500 or so. It appears to be in very good condition. It appears to have mostly the std equipment with nothing specific added that would change the cost too much. That's all I know so far. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks!
Chris
Much depends on condition. You can spend $5000 on the chassis alone on one of those even if there isn't anything seriously wrong with it (think tires, batteries, fluids, belts, filters, hoses including A/C hoses, shocks, and a couple of front end parts).
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #6

Seattle , Washington
Hello, Im new here. I have been looking at the b190 Airstreams for a couple years now. I like them the best. If you look long and hard you can find a very low mile one for $13 to less than $20 that are like new. It just takes time. I would never spend more than $10 on a rig with a 100k miles on it. Here is a nice one for under $20 I found. If I was ready I would take a look at it. 2000 Class B Airstream 190 W/ Gen In Great Condition Low Miles Must Se