Old 10-17-2016, 10:29 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Austin , Texas
Infant seats

Looking to get AI Grand Tour and hit a road block regarding available options. The 2016/17 have the LATCH system only in the Lounge models. Anyone have a GT and incorporate an infant child seat? We love the GT layout. Thanks

xaggie95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:08 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Auburn , Georgia
We have only had the grand kids ride with us on a few camping trips. The side jump seat belts were to long even with a booster seat. I basically put a knot in the belts to shorten them. The belts in the rear are bolted to the floor and tighten by pulling the strap. The other thing you might not have considered is the inherent very bouncing ride in the rear of the Interstate because of the heavy springs installed. The ride can be jarring at times and probably not good for sleeping babies.
I would suggest reading through the threads on this forum to see what you are in for.
Great adventure and aggravation at times.

GETRIDAONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:18 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2013 Interstate Coach
Bradenton , Florida
I'm not sure I understand the question.. Do you not want the latch system? That is the best way to anchor a child seat..

If you do not wish to use the latch, you put the seat belt through the child seat and use the adjuster bracket to adjust the seat belt to make it tight..

You can also go to any hospital, fire station or sheriffs department and they will help in making sure the child seat is installed correctly..
Mjgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:10 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member
1971 27' Overlander
Monmouth , Oregon
That is a tough call. You will probably have this coach long after car seat days, but at the same time the convenience and safety of the latch system is way ahead of using belts because it is intercepted to the seat and usually has the required top anchor for when you move to forward facing.

I don't have an Interstate, but I would opt for the best seat for the infant and that would be the one with the anchors in the second row.
1971 Overlander Twin bed, rear bath.

2016 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 Crew Longbed
Thiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member
Austin , Texas
Thanks everyone. I was unsure that utilizing a seatbelt was an option since most vehicles have the LATCH system installed. I reached out to Britax and confirmed that their seats work with either LATCH system or seatbelts. Ignore the newbie panic.
xaggie95 is offline   Reply With Quote