Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #21
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
You could call it "thread drift"! I'm with Protag though, if the treads were kept on topic it would be much easier to search and find stuff later.
Exactly. The easy answer is, if you want to discuss price paid, start a new thread devoted specifically to that. It's not like you have to pay an arm and a leg to start a new thread; you only have to pay an arm and a leg to buy an Interstate!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzstream View Post
Expect a "Camper" model with perhaps a larger fridge and a microwave you don't have to get on your knees to use!
That would be nice but I'm holding out for a power slider.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
MeandMB

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Selbyville , Delaware
Bought ours new and took delivery in October 2013, and we haven't stopped since. Currently have over 14,000 and hope to keep moving. Spent two months in Florida and reserved a space at the Albuquerque, Balloon Festival this October, with mini trips planned for Ocracoke, NC, North East, PA and Cape Cod. Enjoy it while you can. You never know.

Joe
MeandMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Balloon Fest is great. Try to get there before first light so you can see the dawn patrol. Mass ascension is great. Lot of photo ops. Dress warm.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeandMB View Post
Bought ours new and took delivery in October 2013, and we haven't stopped since. Currently have over 14,000 and hope to keep moving. Spent two months in Florida and reserved a space at the Albuquerque, Balloon Festival this October, with mini trips planned for Ocracoke, NC, North East, PA and Cape Cod. Enjoy it while you can. You never know.

Joe
Great job on putting the miles on.

In Albuquerque, if you get a chance go to the evening glow too. Went in 2012 and there were 270 balloons tethered with all kinds of shapes and designs. Again dress warm but as the balloons get inflated and you are walking amongst them. The flames from the torches will warm you up quite nice.Pretty spectacular, plus if you want they have fireworks afterwords.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:25 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Exactly. The easy answer is, if you want to discuss price paid, start a new thread devoted specifically to that. It's not like you have to pay an arm and a leg to start a new thread; you only have to pay an arm and a leg to buy an Interstate!
Oh come on! There is plenty of thread drift in all of the threads. This one is now about the Balloon fest. LOL! I just don't appreciate someone throwing a wet towel on an interesting discussion. Value is based on age (depreciation) condition, and mileage, which is Very relevant to this discussion. Besides Protag, you did not start this thread so you do not own it. And as for the search, it is not that specific that you even have to have a specific thread title. It finds all sorts of relevant AND non-relevant content just fine!
Tomzstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Not sure if this counts but I own (2) 2004 Spinteres that I use for work. I put almost a 1000 miles a week on them. My everyday driver has 349k and still runs and drive great. My back-up van only has 90k. The older 5 cly. have a much better engine than the newer ones with the V6.

Ace in PA.
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys View Post
Not sure if this counts but I own (2) 2004 Spinteres that I use for work. I put almost a 1000 miles a week on them. My everyday driver has 349k and still runs and drive great. My back-up van only has 90k. The older 5 cly. have a much better engine than the newer ones with the V6.

Ace in PA.
Amen to that! The inline models were solid. I owned a 2006 CDI e-class which I gave to my daughter and it is still going strong at over 150K. I now own an E-250 (Inline 4) and its great! I think all Diesels should go into the multiple 100K's but I bet the V's require more maintenance. To bring this back on topic, it seems the miles driven varies widely among owners and it does make for some great values if you can snag the low mile models at a good price. It does also come down to those features that are incrementally better each model year. For me its the safety platform that I desire. I may wait a couple of years to see how the current models depreciate, but then the newer features may still entice me (Next year its probably going to be the camper model and possibly Cross Wind assist). Its like buying computers with better and better processors (I once worked for Intel). So you thought that computer you just bought was hot... Until we made a better one!.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #29
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzstream View Post
Besides Protag, you did not start this thread so you do not own it.
That's me told off, then!

Anyway, allow me to ask this question before I disappear from this discussion… Why is it such a bad thing to start a new thread for a new topic, and a good thing to allow the thread to drift away from its original topic?

Bye bye!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Centre County , Pennsylvania
Hey Protag,
Just want to say that we appreciate all that you do for this forum.
Lineolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
I would like to second that!!!! Many thanks Protagonist!!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
That's me told off, then!

Anyway, allow me to ask this question before I disappear from this discussion… Why is it such a bad thing to start a new thread for a new topic, and a good thing to allow the thread to drift away from its original topic?

Bye bye!
Sheesh, a bit thin skinned aren't we? I started out my observations with "With all due respect to Protag", and meant no personal attack. I agree with others that you have offered invaluable info to this forum.

Just as you ask why is it so hard to start a new thread, all I asked is how hard is it to be tolerant of having additional information thrown into the mix? EVERYONE of the folks who offered their purchase info also complied with the original poster's request. How is that so bad ad why are you compelled to suppress the free offering of info from our fellow streamers? Are there such rules and are you the enforcer? If you choose not to divulge your purchase info thats your business.

Ron never qualified his original request so I like others feel free to discuss whatever comes to mind and I think I made a pretty good case for having relevance between miles and value, particularly since he asked what your initial mileage at acquisition was. I am curious what info Ron hoped to glean from such a conversation and how discussing value has a detriment to the conversation.

Lighten up guys, we're all airstreamers and we are here to share info not inhibit it.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by toskeysam View Post
I would like to second that!!!! Many thanks Protagonist!!
Third that!! You are much appreciated here!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
I was just curious how many miles people had on their Interstate.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #35
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Ignore the guy Protag, he's just trying to justify his incorrect position on this issue. I for one agree with you 100% that the closer the threads stick to the original topic the better for everyone.
c21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Smile

2010 Model purchased new on 4/19/2010. Current ODO reading is 26,019. At the great risk of drifting too far astray of the original question and irritating someone; this amounts to 6500 miles per year. The Sprinter lives in Oregon and I live in AK; otherwise the miles would be higher.
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Troy , Michigan
We purchased ours in November 2011 with about 3,000 miles on it (dealer demo). It now has 26,500 miles on it. From Michigan we have traveled:
- most of Route 66
- Indy several times (daughter #1)
- Raleigh NC several times (daughter #2)
- 2012 Great Race: Michigan -> Ottawa & back
- 2013 Great Race: St. Paul MN -> Mobile AL & back
- 2013 Black Hills SD & back
plus a few runs to northern Michigan.

I love to drive our Interstate!

John W.
MotorCity57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #38
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity57 View Post
We purchased ours in November 2011 with about 3,000 miles on it (dealer demo). It now has 26,500 miles on it. From Michigan we have traveled:
- most of Route 66
- Indy several times (daughter #1)
- Raleigh NC several times (daughter #2)
- 2012 Great Race: Michigan -> Ottawa & back
- 2013 Great Race: St. Paul MN -> Mobile AL & back
- 2013 Black Hills SD & back
plus a few runs to northern Michigan.

I love to drive our Interstate!

John W.
Wow Motor, you've done some serious traveling!
c21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Troy , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
Wow Motor, you've done some serious traveling!
What can I say? We like to cruise, more so than extended stays at a campground. Plus, my wife loves having a 'take along bathroom' when we travel.
MotorCity57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Anacortes , Washington
We bought our 2007 Interstate (2006 5 cyl Sprinter) used in April 2011 when it had 28,000 miles on it. Now three years later it has 62,000 miles and has been to the east coast and back several times. Had zero mechanical issues so far, have put 4 Michelins on it and just got back from a 45 day, 4,200 mile trip down to southern CA and AZ and towing our 4 x 6 closed utility trailer and got 21 mpg. Had a great time.
Have done several minor mods over time to improve an already very good design. Latest was adding a swing out shelf to the left of the sink which helps making washing the dishes so much easier and we splurged on a Dish Network Tailgater so now have every TV channel there is and everywhere.
Interstate20 is offline   Reply With Quote