Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Bought mine new in October 2012; then retired and started traveling in March 2013. We now have over 30,000 on our Interstate. Traveling is great fun for us!

Heading to Alaska this summer.

Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #16
Lazy scouter

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Plano , Texas

Old 04-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Fernandina Beach , Florida
With all due respect to Protag, I like seeing the discount figures. Its a question that comes up often enough on other forums (trailers esp), so why not here? I think we can allow a little latitude in the Interstate ownership threads. I am a prospective buyer and really like to see what values are allowing for depreciation based on age and mileage (relevant to this thread) as well as year. Sure prices go up as do features, but we can all account for that in our thinking. Right now, the value of the 2014.5 chassis upgrade is tugging on me, but I'm not sure that uplift in MSRP is justified (based on what Thor pays for the same option on the chassis.) Negotiations are all part of the purchase experience... Let 'em brag! BTW, a little birdie clued me in on the 2015 model cycle coming up in May/June. Expect a "Camper" model with perhaps a larger fridge and a microwave you don't have to get on your knees to use!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Bought mine out of state last August and put on 1600 circuitous miles getting it home. With only one trip so far it has about 2500 total miles. This year we plan trips of 300mi, 1100mi and the biggee comming up in Sept: ~ 7500miles.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Discount off MSRP is unfortunately like gas mileage. What people say they got isn't always 100% truthful unfortunately, so take it FWIW.

I think Protag's comment was also because this is a thread about miles driven not price paid.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
You could call it "thread drift"! I'm with Protag though, if the treads were kept on topic it would be much easier to search and find stuff later.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #21
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
You could call it "thread drift"! I'm with Protag though, if the treads were kept on topic it would be much easier to search and find stuff later.
Exactly. The easy answer is, if you want to discuss price paid, start a new thread devoted specifically to that. It's not like you have to pay an arm and a leg to start a new thread; you only have to pay an arm and a leg to buy an Interstate!
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzstream View Post
Expect a "Camper" model with perhaps a larger fridge and a microwave you don't have to get on your knees to use!
That would be nice but I'm holding out for a power slider.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Ocean City , Maryland
Bought ours new and took delivery in October 2013, and we haven't stopped since. Currently have over 14,000 and hope to keep moving. Spent two months in Florida and reserved a space at the Albuquerque, Balloon Festival this October, with mini trips planned for Ocracoke, NC, North East, PA and Cape Cod. Enjoy it while you can. You never know.

Joe
Old 04-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Balloon Fest is great. Try to get there before first light so you can see the dawn patrol. Mass ascension is great. Lot of photo ops. Dress warm.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeandMB View Post
Bought ours new and took delivery in October 2013, and we haven't stopped since. Currently have over 14,000 and hope to keep moving. Spent two months in Florida and reserved a space at the Albuquerque, Balloon Festival this October, with mini trips planned for Ocracoke, NC, North East, PA and Cape Cod. Enjoy it while you can. You never know.

Joe
Great job on putting the miles on.

In Albuquerque, if you get a chance go to the evening glow too. Went in 2012 and there were 270 balloons tethered with all kinds of shapes and designs. Again dress warm but as the balloons get inflated and you are walking amongst them. The flames from the torches will warm you up quite nice.Pretty spectacular, plus if you want they have fireworks afterwords.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Exactly. The easy answer is, if you want to discuss price paid, start a new thread devoted specifically to that. It's not like you have to pay an arm and a leg to start a new thread; you only have to pay an arm and a leg to buy an Interstate!
Oh come on! There is plenty of thread drift in all of the threads. This one is now about the Balloon fest. LOL! I just don't appreciate someone throwing a wet towel on an interesting discussion. Value is based on age (depreciation) condition, and mileage, which is Very relevant to this discussion. Besides Protag, you did not start this thread so you do not own it. And as for the search, it is not that specific that you even have to have a specific thread title. It finds all sorts of relevant AND non-relevant content just fine!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Not sure if this counts but I own (2) 2004 Spinteres that I use for work. I put almost a 1000 miles a week on them. My everyday driver has 349k and still runs and drive great. My back-up van only has 90k. The older 5 cly. have a much better engine than the newer ones with the V6.

Ace in PA.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys View Post
Not sure if this counts but I own (2) 2004 Spinteres that I use for work. I put almost a 1000 miles a week on them. My everyday driver has 349k and still runs and drive great. My back-up van only has 90k. The older 5 cly. have a much better engine than the newer ones with the V6.

Ace in PA.
Amen to that! The inline models were solid. I owned a 2006 CDI e-class which I gave to my daughter and it is still going strong at over 150K. I now own an E-250 (Inline 4) and its great! I think all Diesels should go into the multiple 100K's but I bet the V's require more maintenance. To bring this back on topic, it seems the miles driven varies widely among owners and it does make for some great values if you can snag the low mile models at a good price. It does also come down to those features that are incrementally better each model year. For me its the safety platform that I desire. I may wait a couple of years to see how the current models depreciate, but then the newer features may still entice me (Next year its probably going to be the camper model and possibly Cross Wind assist). Its like buying computers with better and better processors (I once worked for Intel). So you thought that computer you just bought was hot... Until we made a better one!.