Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Key West , Florida
Holding tank pump stopped working

I was pumping out my holding tanks and the pump just stopped working. Where do I start to try and fix the situation ? I did not run it dry and have always been careful not to do that. Please help!
Jhottmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
First place to check is for a blown fuse. I'm not sure if the fuse positions in your Interstate are the same as mine, but in mine, you look inside the 12 volt distribution panel and check Circuit 9, 20 amp fuse color tan.
Otherwise it could be the macerator pump is jammed due to large particles clogging it. To free it, there's a slot for a flat-blade screwdriver on the end of the pump.
Check the fuse first though.
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bradenton , Florida
If it does have a clog as mine did ( daughter putting paper towels in the toilet) it kept blowing the fuse.. I used a ratchet with a flat head screw driver attachment and an extender, it was much easier to pump out manually till it was free enough to go on its own without blowing the fuse..
Mjgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Key West , Florida
Thanks for the help.... I will try the above and see where it takes me.
Jhottmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #5

Spicewood , Texas
My pump stopped. Cleaned strainer near top of pump. Poured approx a cup of water to prime the pump and it is OK now.
lwb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwb9 View Post
My pump stopped. Cleaned strainer near top of pump. Poured approx a cup of water to prime the pump and it is OK now.
Welcome to the AirForums! Good to have you with us.

Just a bit of clarification for you, the OP was talking about a macerator pump on an Airstream Interstate, used to pump out the black and gray tanks through a glorified garden hose since we don't have a slinky on late-model Interstates.

But even though you were talking about a different kind of pump, it's great that your first post was an offer of advice to help with a problem. Most us us start with a "Hi, this is who I am" post, then a bunch of "Help, I have a problem" posts, before we graduate to the "Here's how I fixed that problem you're having" posts. You're well ahead of the curve!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:17 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Sacramento , California
Once, when I thought the pump wasn't working, it was just because I had forgotten to flip the switch above the sink. I hope that makes sense and your problem is as simple as that.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
lamato is offline   Reply With Quote