Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
I have feeling roadside assistance may be just 2 years. But I stand to be corrected.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Jim Parrett at airstream is who told me it's 3/36,000, and it was confirmed when I called Mercedes.

By the way, Jim has been great about trying to help us out too. Had numerous phone conversations with him yesterday and today. He doesn't know what the problem is with our coach, but he certainly has made himself available and has tried to help with what he can, and we appreciate that.
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:41 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sherrills Ford , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdstuff View Post
Jim Parrett at airstream is who told me it's 3/36,000, and it was confirmed when I called Mercedes.

By the way, Jim has been great about trying to help us out too.
Just a word of caution about Jim. He was super helpful to me as well, with all the problems I had in the beginning. However, about three weeks ago he simply stopped responding to my e-mails. There is still one issue that needs a new part, and he has not even acknowledged my reminder. So, for a while I felt better about AS, but now they're back in my personal doghouse. As for the battery problem, I had exactly the same issue, and the dealer sent a crew out to jump start it and take it to M-B. No flatbed necessary. The problem was exactly the same as with the house batteries; too long sitting on the lot before delivery. So, M-B replaced theirs, the RV dealer replaced theirs, and problem SOLVED!!
BillyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
BillyBoy....if you read this whole thread, you'll see that our issue seems to be different. And, can't jump start or charge the battery!
Old 03-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:

Just wanted to confirm this with you: the Mercedes warranty is 3/36,000. But the Roadside Assistance (with Coach-Net) is 2 years. I hope it doesn't cause you any "brain explosions" with your battery issues!
I know the latest Sprinters can have some unpredictable habits, so I'd never want to be without any Roadside Assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
UKDUDE...yes, confirmed...we get 3/36,000 warranty with Mercedes and it DOES include roadside assistance. This was news to us as well. A pleasant surprise!

EDIT: I mean, it's roadside assistance from Mercedes. AND you also get the 2 year coach net assistance.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:14 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoy View Post
Just a word of caution about Jim. He was super helpful to me as well, with all the problems I had in the beginning. However, about three weeks ago he simply stopped responding to my e-mails. There is still one issue that needs a new part, and he has not even acknowledged my reminder. So, for a while I felt better about AS, but now they're back in my personal doghouse. As for the battery problem, I had exactly the same issue, and the dealer sent a crew out to jump start it and take it to M-B. No flatbed necessary. The problem was exactly the same as with the house batteries; too long sitting on the lot before delivery. So, M-B replaced theirs, the RV dealer replaced theirs, and problem SOLVED!!
Jim does travel a lot so might be why he hasn't responded although I had to call him one time and he and Randy both claimed they hadn't rec'd the e-mails.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
poof!!! 4 hours of my life gone!!

We drive out to storage, and wait for flat bed tow truck. They call, are running late, we wait longer, guy finally shows up...with a regular tow truck!!

I spend next 1.5 hours on and off phone with Mercedes, 2 different roadside assistance companies...with no end result in sight.

We drive home, and just got call from flat bed driver. He's there now. Crossing our fingers he can successfully tow and end our misery for today!

Normally my temper would be flying and the swear words would carry daggers...but, alas...it's so hot out today that I have no energy to put up a fight.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #68
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Oh Come on Man....

Glad you were able to take it in stride. Really isn't worth the high blood pressure.

I would have been livid
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Nope. Flat bed guy can't do it. Said the rv is too low and bumper will scrape getting it up on the flat bed with the wench. He's requesting his company send a different kind of flat bed that's bigger even lower to the ground. ho hum. Think I'll have a stiff drink.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
Oh Come on Man....

Glad you were able to take it in stride. Really isn't worth the high blood pressure.

I would have been livid
haha!! Like I said, Ron, must be the heat...my energy for lividness is depleted.

This is certainly an eye opener. What if this had happened while we were on the road? I mean, we're in freakin' San Diego where, surely, we have access to all kinds of people and machinery to tow the dang vehicle properly.

Take-a-way lesson...no matter how many roadside assistance policies you have, they are worthless if the people don't know what they're doing and can't access a proper tow vehicle.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:47 PM   #71
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Hard to believe but maybe we actually need to send the dispatcher a pic of a flatbed when a tow is needed.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Sooooo funny!!! But, you may actually have a good idea. Always keep a photo of a flat bed on your phone, just in case.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Nope. Flat bed guy can't do it. Said the rv is too low and bumper will scrape getting it up on the flat bed with the wench. He's requesting his company send a different kind of flat bed that's bigger even lower to the ground. ho hum. Think I'll have a stiff drink.
You guys had better take it easy with me..... I just had a knee replacement last Friday, and all this rolling around in hysterics is putting me in extreme pain. And next time please make sure you also request a much slimmer wench. 😝

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I had the same problem when getting on a flatbed tow w/ a '87 IROC-Z because the air dam was so low. The tow operator and I had to lift the front end while the winch (he left his wench at the office) pulled it on. Not possible w/ a Sprinter unless the Hulk is nearby.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #75
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Sooooo funny!!! But, you may actually have a good idea. Always keep a photo of a flat bed on your phone, just in case.
Try to get one of the one that finally works.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
I've used roadside assistance three times in last two years. Once from MB, once from Coach-Net and once from Allstate for my car. All situations required lots of patience and waits of several hours. It think it's just the nature of the business to the lowest bidders.
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #77
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
I'm still waiting for the 'wench' to arrive from my last towing experience, which was a 36 foot diesel motor home!!! Now THAT was interesting!!!!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
wench....winch....whatever....at this point, we'll take whichever arrives first!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 05:49 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Seriously - this IS a good idea. Can we have a pic?? Or several??

As for this whole escapade transpiring in San Diego, I was convinced by another Interstate owner to get Good Sam coverage because of the potential for towing-related financial catastrophe. He had to get flat-bedded when he was NOT in a convenient urban location and he said that the vendor billed Good Sam for... I believe it was about $1,500 to return his Interstate to the nearest dealer, which obviously wasn't very near. In view of that possibility, can I accept $79 a year or whatever it was to purchase that coverage? Um, yes.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #80
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
If/when this miraculous flat bed tow truck appears, I will take some pictures and will share them on this forum.

Hoping this is over today.

Afraid the real escapade, of actually figuring out what's wrong with the rv and getting it repaired, may be worse than the towing escapade.