Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #101
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Dealer called. Our AI is ready. They fixed damaged wires. Said the inverter/charger is working. They said the coach batteries are good.

QUESTION: We have two 6v golf cart batteries. What are the chances that their lifespan has been seriously depleted by having gone so dead? Lew? Should we take the rig to the battery place and have them tested? Then, if they seem substantially depleted, we can argue with the dealer to replace them. Appreciate any advice on what to do, and what should be tested.
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #102
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Nancy,

Not a bad idea. Testing should be done with a 'conductance meter', which is the latest and greatest battery testing technology.

Of the show below capacity, you have a good case to argue for the dealer to replace.

You also might try a Lifeline dealer on your area if they show problems. You have a 1 year full replacement /5 year pro-rated warranty.

Lew Farber
RVIA/RVDA Nationally Certified Master Tech
Master Tech Energy Systems, Inc.
AM Solar Certified Installation Center
Lifeline Batteries**Magnum Inverters
541-490-6357
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Thanks Lew. I'll look to see who around here can test them. Will look for a Lifeline dealer.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:26 AM   #104
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Picking up AI from dealer on Friday.They assured me they tested the batteries and they will give me the print out from the tests. Crossing fingers everything looks good.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:17 AM   #105
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Regarding the roof vent leak:
I am told they did not use a gasket on 2013's when installing the roof vent - only sealant. But in fixing my leak they used a 1/4" think foam gasket with sealant on both sides of it. Dry so far.

Also had a drip near the smoke and CO detectors where the mouse hair trim meets the metal ceiling - but only when front of van is down (like it is when parked and sleeping!!!). They removed and replace the 4" x 4" cover for coax/awning/camera wires (twice!) and finally no leak there either.

Way I have it figured about half the holes they cut in the roof leaked. Not a great track record.

FWIW, the sikaflex does not have great adhesive power, but is UV resistant. So they use something real sticky (I think it was called '111') to do the adhesion then cover with sikaflex for UV protection.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:49 AM   #106
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
[QUOTE=

FWIW, the sikaflex does not have great adhesive power, but is UV resistant. So they use something real sticky (I think it was called '111') to do the adhesion then cover with sikaflex for UV protection.[/QUOTE]

I BEG TO DIFFER!!!!!

I use SikaFlex 221 by the case and find that it's bonding and sealing capacities are extremely strong. Which product did you use, how did you prep the surface and what atmospheric conditions did it cure in ?

In bonding applications, I have used it on a variety of substrates, including wood, and attempted removal or separation of the bonded pieces have resulted in the virtual destruction of the bonded surfaces (like ripping the top layer of the wood from the rest of the piece).

They do make a UV resistant sealant called 505-HV, which is a single component silane terminated polymer rather than a polyurethane, but it still shows impressive adhesive qualities.

Sorry to take this thread off-track, as I remember it was originally about batteries.............
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote