Old 08-28-2016, 09:06 AM   #15
Trying to Retire

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Pinehurst , North Carolina
Welcome aboard! RE: tint
I really need to tint the front windows, not so sure on windshield.

I drive a bunch overnight - any recommendations on the tint level? Is there state law restrictions? Am I better off just using the static cling like I do now so good visibility at night?

I've added reflective cutouts in all but rear side windows to cut down on heat, but the morning & evening sun while driving is a pain.

Mike

Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njg View Post
Did you tint the windshield as well? Did you use one of the IR inhibiting tints for heat exclusion? I'm on my first drive with the IR excluding tint on the front windows and wow what a difference!

I've heard very good reports on the 3M Crystalline tint. The degree of tint is dependent on your state.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1472404149.534121.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	270201

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Old 10-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weymouth , Massachusetts
Hello again

Thank you for the Welcomes. Sorry for delay in reposting. I had taken some time to repost on my iPad and after several long posts getting deleted, I gave up for a bit along with life itself also getting in the way
I am now on my iPhone and hope for better luck
Old 10-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weymouth , Massachusetts
Update

After a few long trips(for us anyway) A week at a time, we are loving somethings but not all.
It is an adjustment but we love it and are always up for new challenges.
First challenge was a small annoyance of a creak/squeak that turned into an embarrassment when we had anyone actually drive in the van with us. After diagnosing the noise and subsequent repair our first annoyance has been resolved. I have attached couple pics(hopefully)
The bathroom wall seems to have maybe sagged and was contacting the seat frame wood support.
Took about three hours. Question for everyone......has anyone returned to airstream for warranty service for similar issues? Not sure if it is worth paying the $250 warranty transfer fee.
I can do most service myself and the closest dealer in believe is about 50 miles away
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1376.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	273468   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1375.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	273469  

Name:	IMG_1380.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	273470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1379.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	360.0 KB
ID:	273471  

Old 10-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weymouth , Massachusetts
Tint reference

I went with 20%, kind of dark at night when it is raining, a little tough to use passenger side mirror at night for backing. I may add side lights!
We did the windshield with film inside to reduce heat and glare and put brow on outside as well. It is much cooler inside and much more private.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Temple City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autodoc View Post
After a few long trips(for us anyway) A week at a time, we are loving somethings but not all.
It is an adjustment but we love it and are always up for new challenges.
First challenge was a small annoyance of a creak/squeak that turned into an embarrassment when we had anyone actually drive in the van with us. After diagnosing the noise and subsequent repair our first annoyance has been resolved. I have attached couple pics(hopefully)
The bathroom wall seems to have maybe sagged and was contacting the seat frame wood support.
Took about three hours. Question for everyone......has anyone returned to airstream for warranty service for similar issues? Not sure if it is worth paying the $250 warranty transfer fee.
I can do most service myself and the closest dealer in believe is about 50 miles away
I have that exact same squeak/crackling sound from that exact spot! I had my wife sit in the back as I drove down the road to find the noise. She narrowed it down to that exact spot, we just used a folded piece of paper to temporarily fix the noise. Was that panel hard to remove?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weymouth , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapolrbear View Post
I have that exact same squeak/crackling sound from that exact spot! I had my wife sit in the back as I drove down the road to find the noise. She narrowed it down to that exact spot, we just used a folded piece of paper to temporarily fix the noise. Was that panel hard to remove?
Sorry for delay in responding. We took the Interstate on long trip this weekend and happy to report much more enjoyable without the annoying squeak.
It took in total about an hour including cleaning up some wiring and installing some protection over sharp edges near wiring etc. Four bolts hold on the seat itself, removed seat then removed two wood screws,one under a small plastic trim on top and one screw going in horizontal from back near cup holder. Then you can remove the wooden trim piece that is hitting the bathroom door. I trimmed the end near the horizontal screw and applied anti friction tape in that spot. If you need more info let me know.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weymouth , Massachusetts
The second to last pic shows where I trimmed and reinforced the bracket that the wood screw goes into.