Old 03-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
We've never had Good Sam insurance, but we did get the roadside assistance (whatever it's called) after it was recommended by a friend who had to have his Interstate flat-bed towed for quite some distance in a remote area. IIRC, it would have cost them something like $1,500 for the tow if they hadn't had the coverage, so they were well-satisfied.

My least favorite thing to date about Good Sam is the onslaught of junk mail - in a world chock full of junk mail, I've never seen anything like what they do. That alone would make me discontinue if I could identify another package that would offer the emergency coverage, that I would have confidence in.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #16
X New Yorker
2013 Interstate Coach
Springfield , Massachusetts
Originally Posted by Ynefel View Post
Good Sam was the most inexpensive option for us with the option to discontinue parts of coverage while in storage. I'll let you know on the claims side - currently processing but they have been very s/l/o/w/. Our first trip (February) from New England to the Florida Keys and back was quite eventful: We left in a snowstorm & lost the rear hitch plate via snow/ice kicked up the first day. The rear view mirror camera mount broke the first time we attempted to install the front window covers (and that's with knowing it was fragile). Coming back we went through two days of an ice storm suffering roof damage from ice blowing off semi trailers & outside of NYC a kicked up piece of signage metal destroyed the drivers side rear view mirror. All the road spray caused one of the tank warmers to come unglued and was left hanging by its clamp.

Not what we envisaged for a maiden trip

Still awaiting the go-ahead on the second of two claims. Undoubtedly, we'll see a rate rise after this is all done and clear.

Thanks all!

X New Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote