Old 05-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Wannabe RV'er in training

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Go KNIGHTS Go

Apologize for indulging a non-AI post. Going home from Winnepeg a drunk & happy fan

Click image for larger version

Name:	DdCnBc1VAAA7K2Y.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	311517

Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida

WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
FYI Alex there is an off-topic forum:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/

FYI
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #4

Daughter & grandson used the Airstream Interstate as the perfect tailgating party bus at LVGK practice facility 2miles from my house. It's a new demographic segment of Interstate owners.

Name:	20180520_152654.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	311518

Name:	20180520_152448.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	311519
Old 05-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
I always marvel at sports fans.
It's not enough that they have umpteen thousand places to discuss their games. They have to turn every venue they enter into just another place for sports talk.
Ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultradog View Post
I always marvel at sports fans.
It's not enough that they have umpteen thousand places to discuss their games. They have to turn every venue they enter into just another place for sports talk.

Lighten up - this is exactly what Airstream markets the Interstate for as it is not the best camping van. Love the grandson photo. Nice coach too.
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:35 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
Daughter & grandson used the Airstream Interstate as the perfect tailgating party bus at LVGK practice facility 2miles from my house. It's a new demographic segment of Interstate owners.

Wait 'till the Raiders show up in 2 years. Seems AI's will be perfect: You can get them in black or silver.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
Wait 'till the Raiders show up in 2 years. Seems AI's will be perfect: You can get them in black or silver.....
Hohoho, FLYFISHINRVR - I wasn't gonna count those eggs till it was hatched. BUT since you mentioned it, yes excited they are coming to town. Project is underway. One of my best cycling friends is with the AG's office and in-charge of eminent domain transactions. He said no stopping it now. I can not wait - remember, I used to live in Oakland Hills & Fremont. Supported Raiders for 2 decades. They followed us - well, hoping the Davis family doesn't pull out last minute. Just sorry that my Bay Area friends are losing them. They still got 49er's though.

AI is the PERFECT vehicle to tailgate Raiders games. WACHUKO - hurry up with LP gas mod so I can follow your footsteps. Got 2 yrs before 1st Raiders tailgate party using propane bbq
Old 05-20-2018, 09:06 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Hohoho, FLYFISHINRVR - I wasn't gonna count those eggs till it was hatched. BUT since you mentioned it, yes excited they are coming to town. Project is underway. One of my best cycling friends is with the AG's office and in-charge of eminent domain transactions. He said no stopping it now. I can not wait - remember, I used to live in Oakland Hills & Fremont. Supported Raiders for 2 decades. They followed us - well, hoping the Davis family doesn't pull out last minute. Just sorry that my Bay Area friends are losing them. They still got 49er's though.

AI is the PERFECT vehicle to tailgate Raiders games. WACHUKO - hurry up with LP gas mod so I can follow your footsteps. Got 2 yrs before 1st Raiders tailgate party using propane bbq
Friend of ours works in the Raiders front office. We get all the "dirt", so we knew that deal was done a while ago. Will be interesting to see Chucky working his magic on the sidelines for a couple seasons before they head east.

49'ers org is finally coming together. Should actually be an interesting team to watch this season.

To keep this AI related, something to note is parking for RV's at 49'er games is obscene, usually well over $200. Sadly they limit "cars" to being 17' long, which I find interesting because a Suburban or Yukon XL is 19' long, and a Ford Crew Cab with full length bed is nearly 21' long, so AI's at 24' get stuck paying the same price as a 40' Prevost. If you have an "in" with someone at the new Raiders stadium in LV, tell them to either A) not screw RVs with stupid high parking fees, or B) make the limit for "cars" be 24'.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Apologize for indulging a non-AI post. Going home from Winnepeg a drunk & happy fan

Attachment 311517
I'd be happy for you except I live in Tampa.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
To keep this AI related, something to note is parking for RV's at 49'er games is obscene, usually well over $200. Sadly they limit "cars" to being 17' long, which I find interesting because a Suburban or Yukon XL is 19' long, and a Ford Crew Cab with full length bed is nearly 21' long, so AI's at 24' get stuck paying the same price as a 40' Prevost. If you have an "in" with someone at the new Raiders stadium in LV, tell them to either A) not screw RVs with stupid high parking fees, or B) make the limit for "cars" be 24'.....
Over $200 OUCH! I have an "in" for getting the spot but I don't get any price consideration. But then again, I can strap 9 of my closest friends in the RV = collect $30-40 each, comes with ride to/from home, all the beer & bbq they can consume. I am not a heavy drinker, so usually volunteer for designated driver duties at tailgates. Everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I'd be happy for you except I live in Tampa.
I know & fully understand. WACHUKO & I may not be talking for awhile once Lightning advances.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Love the grandson photo. Nice coach too.
Thanks MIKE. Our only grandson, my joy. Wife loves him more than any of us. Not yet 3 yrs old and knows how to operate every item in AI house, even the hot exhaust ports outside to avoid. Teaching the next generation Airstreamers the ropes early on. I don't remember knowing how to operate the family car horn when I was 3
Old 05-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Thanks MIKE. Our only grandson, my joy. Wife loves him more than any of us. Not yet 3 yrs old and knows how to operate every item in AI house, even the hot exhaust ports outside to avoid. Teaching the next generation Airstreamers the ropes early on. I don't remember knowing how to operate the family car horn when I was 3

The young generation today are certainly inclined to learn how things work quickly. Quality time with my lone 15 year old granddaughter is now sitting on the couch together with both of us on our small screen devices. DW always snaps a picture when we do that.

Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote