Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar

 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 498
Go KNIGHTS Go

Apologize for indulging a non-AI post. Going home from Winnepeg a drunk & happy fan

Click image for larger version

Name:	DdCnBc1VAAA7K2Y.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	311517
__________________

Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar

 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,185
__________________

__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 7,256
FYI Alex there is an off-topic forum:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/

FYI
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar

 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 498
Daughter & grandson used the Airstream Interstate as the perfect tailgating party bus at LVGK practice facility 2miles from my house. It's a new demographic segment of Interstate owners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180520_152654.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	311518

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180520_152448.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	311519
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
Huh?
 
Ultradog's Avatar
 
1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 503
Images: 8
I always marvel at sports fans.
It's not enough that they have umpteen thousand places to discuss their games. They have to turn every venue they enter into just another place for sports talk.
Ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultradog View Post
I always marvel at sports fans.
It's not enough that they have umpteen thousand places to discuss their games. They have to turn every venue they enter into just another place for sports talk.


Lighten up - this is exactly what Airstream markets the Interstate for as it is not the best camping van. Love the grandson photo. Nice coach too.
__________________
- - Mike
--------------------------
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:35 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
FlyFishinRVr's Avatar
 
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
Daughter & grandson used the Airstream Interstate as the perfect tailgating party bus at LVGK practice facility 2miles from my house. It's a new demographic segment of Interstate owners.

Wait 'till the Raiders show up in 2 years. Seems AI's will be perfect: You can get them in black or silver.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #8
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar

 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
Wait 'till the Raiders show up in 2 years. Seems AI's will be perfect: You can get them in black or silver.....
Hohoho, FLYFISHINRVR - I wasn't gonna count those eggs till it was hatched. BUT since you mentioned it, yes excited they are coming to town. Project is underway. One of my best cycling friends is with the AG's office and in-charge of eminent domain transactions. He said no stopping it now. I can not wait - remember, I used to live in Oakland Hills & Fremont. Supported Raiders for 2 decades. They followed us - well, hoping the Davis family doesn't pull out last minute. Just sorry that my Bay Area friends are losing them. They still got 49er's though.

AI is the PERFECT vehicle to tailgate Raiders games. WACHUKO - hurry up with LP gas mod so I can follow your footsteps. Got 2 yrs before 1st Raiders tailgate party using propane bbq
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:06 PM   #9
Rivet Master
 
FlyFishinRVr's Avatar
 
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
Hohoho, FLYFISHINRVR - I wasn't gonna count those eggs till it was hatched. BUT since you mentioned it, yes excited they are coming to town. Project is underway. One of my best cycling friends is with the AG's office and in-charge of eminent domain transactions. He said no stopping it now. I can not wait - remember, I used to live in Oakland Hills & Fremont. Supported Raiders for 2 decades. They followed us - well, hoping the Davis family doesn't pull out last minute. Just sorry that my Bay Area friends are losing them. They still got 49er's though.

AI is the PERFECT vehicle to tailgate Raiders games. WACHUKO - hurry up with LP gas mod so I can follow your footsteps. Got 2 yrs before 1st Raiders tailgate party using propane bbq
Friend of ours works in the Raiders front office. We get all the "dirt", so we knew that deal was done a while ago. Will be interesting to see Chucky working his magic on the sidelines for a couple seasons before they head east.

49'ers org is finally coming together. Should actually be an interesting team to watch this season.

To keep this AI related, something to note is parking for RV's at 49'er games is obscene, usually well over $200. Sadly they limit "cars" to being 17' long, which I find interesting because a Suburban or Yukon XL is 19' long, and a Ford Crew Cab with full length bed is nearly 21' long, so AI's at 24' get stuck paying the same price as a 40' Prevost. If you have an "in" with someone at the new Raiders stadium in LV, tell them to either A) not screw RVs with stupid high parking fees, or B) make the limit for "cars" be 24'.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #10
Rivet Master
 
Mollysdad's Avatar
 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
Apologize for indulging a non-AI post. Going home from Winnepeg a drunk & happy fan

Attachment 311517
I'd be happy for you except I live in Tampa.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:42 PM   #11
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar

 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
To keep this AI related, something to note is parking for RV's at 49'er games is obscene, usually well over $200. Sadly they limit "cars" to being 17' long, which I find interesting because a Suburban or Yukon XL is 19' long, and a Ford Crew Cab with full length bed is nearly 21' long, so AI's at 24' get stuck paying the same price as a 40' Prevost. If you have an "in" with someone at the new Raiders stadium in LV, tell them to either A) not screw RVs with stupid high parking fees, or B) make the limit for "cars" be 24'.....
Over $200 OUCH! I have an "in" for getting the spot but I don't get any price consideration. But then again, I can strap 9 of my closest friends in the RV = collect $30-40 each, comes with ride to/from home, all the beer & bbq they can consume. I am not a heavy drinker, so usually volunteer for designated driver duties at tailgates. Everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I'd be happy for you except I live in Tampa.
I know & fully understand. WACHUKO & I may not be talking for awhile once Lightning advances.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #12
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar

 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Love the grandson photo. Nice coach too.
Thanks MIKE. Our only grandson, my joy. Wife loves him more than any of us. Not yet 3 yrs old and knows how to operate every item in AI house, even the hot exhaust ports outside to avoid. Teaching the next generation Airstreamers the ropes early on. I don't remember knowing how to operate the family car horn when I was 3
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #13
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
Thanks MIKE. Our only grandson, my joy. Wife loves him more than any of us. Not yet 3 yrs old and knows how to operate every item in AI house, even the hot exhaust ports outside to avoid. Teaching the next generation Airstreamers the ropes early on. I don't remember knowing how to operate the family car horn when I was 3

The young generation today are certainly inclined to learn how things work quickly. Quality time with my lone 15 year old granddaughter is now sitting on the couch together with both of us on our small screen devices. DW always snaps a picture when we do that.
__________________

__________________
- - Mike
--------------------------
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.