Hollister , California
Maybe this applies?

http://b190.com/files/Onan-Cummins%2...e%20manual.pdf

It says Page 6-22, but the info for blinking lights is actually on page 6-36

Old 12-28-2014, 01:05 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hollister , California
I tried to post direct links, but the site wonít allow it.

If you Google what is in bold below, the first link is the manuals with the error codes listed.

981-0518d service manual pdf
for all LP RV MicroLite Models except 2800

981-0506 service manual pdf
for the LP RV MicroLite 2800 Series

981-0530c service manual pdf
for all LP RV MicroQuiet Models

The Micro Lite 981-0518d Manual Index has the wrong page for the error codes listed.
It says 6-22 but itís actually on 6-36

Old 12-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #17
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCar View Post
I tried to post direct links, but the site wonít allow it.

If you Google what is in bold below, the first link is the manuals with the error codes listed.

981-0518d service manual pdf
for all LP RV MicroLite Models except 2800

981-0506 service manual pdf
for the LP RV MicroLite 2800 Series

981-0530c service manual pdf
for all LP RV MicroQuiet Models

The Micro Lite 981-0518d Manual Index has the wrong page for the error codes listed.
It says 6-22 but itís actually on 6-36.
That actually matches what we already have from Post #6 from 73shark. The only error codes it defines are the four first-level codes. It doesn't define the second-level codes. We still have no idea what any of the two-digit codes represent.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1995 33' Land Yacht
Tempe , Arizona
Onan Marquis 7000

Onan Marquis 7000:
I bought a 1995 Airstream Land Yacht 33 Motorhome. that has become a money pit. But, I am slowly fixing the challenges the beast has. Does this coach have lights to tell a person what the problem is when the Onan will not continue to run.
One RV dealer told me the in-tank gas line had collapsed. I did not buy that one. I have disconnected the gas line and placed it in a full gas can. Even then the Onan 7000 fires up for a few seconds and die.
Owning a 1956 Buick and a 1960 Bel Air that do the same if they have been setting for a few months I assumed it was a matter of try & try again. The machine will not run!!
Does anyone have a suggestions?
Does the generator us the car battery or the Deep Cycle batteries to start? The bus sit for years. Thank God, it was parked, at Snowbird's home, in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. So, its roof has leaked very little and the roof bows have not rotted.
Second question on my Onan, can I convert the generator from gasoline to propane or LPG/LP? If so how do I convert the generator.
Finally, two Honda generators equal or surpass the Onan Marquis 7000 Watts generator. Is the Honda or another brand name generator that is equal or superior to the Onan. I know the two Honda's cost less?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lonnie Stepp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Generator Onan Marquis 7000-A.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	229354  
Old 12-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #19
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstepp2 View Post
Does the generator us the car battery or the Deep Cycle batteries to start? The bus sit for years.
I would assume that the generator starts from the house batteries. Since you say that it starts but then dies, the battery is not your problem. Possibilities that I can think of off the top of my head: Your generator's voltage regulator may be bad, so that when the generator switches from powering the spark plug off the battery during start-up to powering it off the generator itself to run, you may not be getting a spark. The generator may be low on oil. If it has sat for as long as you say, and was last run with ethanol gasoline, you may have a gummed-up carburetor, which would require removal and thorough cleaning with solvent.
Quote:
Second question on my Onan, can I convert the generator from gasoline to propane or LPG/LP?
Onan makes both gasoline and propane versions, so I'm sure a conversion is possible. But you may have to talk to your nearest Cummins-Onan dealer for specifics.
Quote:
Finally, two Honda generators equal or surpass the Onan Marquis 7000 Watts generator. Is the Honda or another brand name generator that is equal or superior to the Onan. I know the two Honda's cost less?
If you're looking for an installed generator, you would need to make sure two Hondas would fit side-by-side in the space allotted for your present on-board generator. If you're looking to use them as portables, two Hondas running in "companion" mode would definitely be more portable than one big Onan.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Not sure if this pertains to our generator but found this:

"In case your generator is not starting, do not keep on cranking.
There is a very high chance you may burn out the starter or even flood the engine with fuel. In such an event check out the amber status lamp. This will greatly help you with Onan generator troubleshooting.
This light blinks out a shutdown code telling you what could be the reason for the shutdown. The light blinks 1,2,3,4 or 7 times and then after a pause resumes blinking again.
Here are the codes:
1. Shutdown due to high engine temperature.
Shutdown due to low oil pressure.
3. Shutdown due to internal problem which may require servicing. For more details refer to the user manual.
4. Failure to start within the crank time.
7. Shutdown due lack of water flow to the engine and exhaust system.
Always remember to put a minimum load on your generator and before shutting it down, remember to let it run idle for a couple of minutes.
In most of the cases the User's manual should be able to sort out the problem. In case it is inadequate always contact a local authorized Onan dealer."

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Bellevue , Washington
I had same problem. It's kinked gas line to the generator. You have to go under and unkinked the line.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1995 33' Land Yacht
Tempe , Arizona
Thanks, I will check the motor oil in the Onan. If need be clean the carborator. If that does not work I will talk to Onam/Cummings one more time. The last time they told me that Onan no longer makes an LP carburetored generator. I know everyone want an arm, both my legs and my first born just to look at the thing!! I will attempt all the suggested fixes.