Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Fusion is a dead product????

I just noticed Fusion Entertainment has pulled the web pages supporting the RV-IN801 that comes in the '17-'18 Interstates. That used to be the only way to get product info and software updates since there was never a link off the Garmin web site. Does anyone have any inside info on what's going on here? I was concerned this product was going to be dropped once Garmin bought Fusion and it looks like that may now be the case.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
I just noticed Fusion Entertainment has pulled the web pages supporting the RV-IN801 that comes in the '17-'18 Interstates. That used to be the only way to get product info and software updates since there was never a link off the Garmin web site. Does anyone have any inside info on what's going on here? I was concerned this product was going to be dropped once Garmin bought Fusion and it looks like that may now be the case.....
Great I still have not collected my AI and this... hopefully it just becomes part of the product list under Garmin...

Article from back in 2014

http://newsroom.garmin.com/press-rel...on-electronics

Link in Garmin site does not have anything referencing the RV-IN801 models...

https://fusion-link.com

Time to send an email asking them about it...
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Great I still have not collected my AI and this... hopefully it just becomes part of the product list under Garmin...

Time to send an email asking them about it...

I hope that’s the case and they just jumped the gun and took down the Fusion pages before the Garmin pages go live....
Old 11-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Fusion is a dead product????

Quote:
I hope that’s the case and they just jumped the gun and took down the Fusion pages before the Garmin pages go live....

You might try calling the Garmin customer support line to confirm the Fusion support status. If gotten good help from the in the past.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #5

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
You might try calling the Garmin customer support line to confirm the Fusion support status. If gotten good help from the in the past.
I also sent Airstream and email asking about it. Will share their reply.
WBCCI #26769
Old 11-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #6

Orlando , Florida
You can submit support questions in the Garmin site... I do not have a serial number to submit a question... and Garmin does not have another way to contact them. Will try the phone number...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 2.00.06 PM.png
Views:	2347
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	299566  
WBCCI #26769
Old 11-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
I also sent Airstream and email asking about it. Will share their reply.

Let’s hope it’s something other than “yeah, it’s been discontinued”. Maybe they are going to change the marketing of it to be OEM only? Fusion had it available as a product you could buy directly from them when it was first released but once Garmin bought them that was removed, so let’s hope that’s the direction they’re going and they’ll keep supporting and updating it.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #8

Orlando , Florida
Smile

Quote:
Let’s hope it’s something other than “yeah, it’s been discontinued”. Maybe they are going to change the marketing of it to be OEM only? Fusion had it available as a product you could buy directly from them when it was first released but once Garmin bought them that was removed, so let’s hope that’s the direction they’re going and they’ll keep supporting and updating it.
I called Garmin. This is a product still supported by the Fusion team (yes, acquired by Garmin, but seems that the teams have not fully integrated). Got transferred to the Fusion team with Shawn (1.623.580.9000 and press 1 for tech support). He assured me that the unit is still supported. He will report the issues with the website. He could not explain why that was not working.

Told me that if anyone has issues or needed to do an update, to just call and they can help with it.

I now have an open ticket with them for when I take delivery, if the issues with the site are still ongoing, I can get the file via email and proceed with updates.

I hope that helps. Both the Garmin and Fusion folks were a pleasure to talk to.
WBCCI #26769
Old 11-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #9

Orlando , Florida
Link seems to be working again...

https://www.fusionentertainment.com/...upport/updates
WBCCI #26769
Old 11-21-2017, 03:51 PM   #10

Orlando , Florida
And the response from Airstream:

Hello,

Fusion is still supporting this unit and by contacting them directly they are able send the last update 3.1 to you. No steps are currently in process to change the head unit to a different vendor at this time.

Thank you for contacting us,

Michael A. Varno

Airstream, Inc.
Owner Relations Representative
WBCCI #26769
Old 11-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Great news!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
wachuko - good step in calling and talking to a live person. I've found that often is the only way to get problems sorted. It seems a lot of organizations loose control or quality of their web presence. Had many bad info issues today on several VA web sites.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
East Hampton , Connecticut
I am very dissatisfied with the lack of a true back-up camera. My 2017 Interstate has NO back-up camera and the review mirror does not have any guidelines to assist when backing up. I noticed that the fusion system seems to allow for a wireless backup camera BC™ 30 Wireless Backup Camera- has anyone used this or does anyone have the same problem that I do?..
Jererae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jererae View Post
I am very dissatisfied with the lack of a true back-up camera. My 2017 Interstate has NO back-up camera and the review mirror does not have any guidelines to assist when backing up. I noticed that the fusion system seems to allow for a wireless backup camera BC™ 30 Wireless Backup Camera- has anyone used this or does anyone have the same problem that I do?..
What do you mean "lack of a TRUE back-up camera"??? Any time you put the RV in reverse the view in the screen where a car rear-view mirror would be (NOT the Fusion) shows what's behind you. Are you saying your screen isn't working, or are you saying you want little guiding lines like on your car??
Old 11-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #15

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
What do you mean "lack of a TRUE back-up camera"??? Any time you put the RV in reverse the view in the screen where a car rear-view mirror would be (NOT the Fusion) shows what's behind you. Are you saying your screen isn't working, or are you saying you want little guiding lines like on your car??
Yes. That rearview is on all the time... and when you use the turn signal it switches to the side you are turning to give you additional view... I really like that system over the competition that had none of that...

I too think he is talking about the lines that guide you for parking a car when you go into reverse...
WBCCI #26769
Old 11-21-2017, 08:02 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Yes. That rearview is on all the time... and when you use the turn signal it switches to the side you are turning to give you additional view... I really like that system over the competition that had none of that...

I too think he is talking about the lines that guide you for parking a car when you go into reverse...
FWIW, the behavior of the dedicated rear camera can be changed in it's menu system. If folks don't like that it switches to the side when the turn signal is on, that feature can be turned off so it only shows straight out the back. Personally, I'm with you, I really like the side view when I turn on my signal. That plus the convex lower mirror on the outside of the van makes for zero blind spots.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:35 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
East Hampton , Connecticut
Well, I hope I’m not being “ picky”. - but yes - I guess I do want those little grid lines that show actual distance as well as direction and guidance for backing. I am finding that my rear view camera “ distorts” the rear view so that all objects appear much further back than they actually are. Although I have somewhat adjusted to this, I’m envious of the very clear back up camera views that are on my friends ford and Chevy trucks!
Jererae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:07 AM   #18

Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jererae View Post
Well, I hope I’m not being “ picky”. - but yes - I guess I do want those little grid lines that show actual distance as well as direction and guidance for backing. I am finding that my rear view camera “ distorts” the rear view so that all objects appear much further back than they actually are. Although I have somewhat adjusted to this, I’m envious of the very clear back up camera views that are on my friends ford and Chevy trucks!
Not "picky". Anything that will allow us to safely use our AI's is extremely welcomed.
WBCCI #26769
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Thousand Oaks , California
Hopefully this won't be considered "picky" either. Has anyone upgraded to an all around camera system that would provide a birds eye view of the coach? I've seen other camera systems that utilize a front facing camera, side mirror cameras and the backup camera to show one composite image.
Ryoungca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2023 25' International
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
College Station , Texas
2018 model

2018 Model backup camera does not have the lines for parking and the menu is totally different. very few adjustments.
1st time RV is offline   Reply With Quote