Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #121
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Two step process... now that you have 3.6...start again. Format card, create card in Fusion..take to computer and reload the maps in it..take back to Fusion and should update maps
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:36 PM   #122
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Thanks!
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #123

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
...WOW! I have been trying to catch that elusive mystery 'ding' since Day 1. I hope you weren't driving with your eyes on Fusion rather than the road to catch it. Coz that would've been the only way I would've caught it. Nice catch! PS - Maybe the message popped up longer for you to see because you have the newer s/w update?
I was reckless ... but it was an empty street and my father-in-law was looking out for me

Full message when you click in the upper right hand corner...

The second photo is of another message but those do not have any sound to them...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2791.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	314189   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2792.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	314190  

WBCCI #26769
Old 06-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #124
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Plano , Texas
That mystery ding has been driving us crazy. Never saw any indication of what it was. Noticed it did happen on some turns and must figured it was the collision warning for change of pavement level etc.
Tobbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:13 PM   #125
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Tried 3 different times with 3 different USB, all brand new. The sofware update 2as successful, but got "cant unlock maps" 3 times. At a loss
Old 06-19-2018, 07:11 AM   #126
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Did anyone get answers about "cannot unlock maps" problem
Old 06-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #127

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
Did anyone get answers about "cannot unlock maps" problem
Did you tried erasing maps in computer and downloading again? Some users were having issues with downloaded files with 0 size. Erasing the files and downloading again solved their issue.
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-19-2018, 07:28 AM   #128
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
You mean erase maps in fusion and reload? Or erasing USB and downloading again? I used 3 different new USBs
Old 06-19-2018, 07:52 AM   #129

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
You mean erase maps in fusion and reload? Or erasing USB and downloading again? I used 3 different new USBs
When you use the Garmin Express it creates and downloads the files to your computer...from there they get copied to the USB/card... it is those files in the computer that are zero out... erase those and download again.
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-19-2018, 08:35 AM   #130
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Dayton , Montana
Fusion update, maps, iphone music etc.

This update is tricky and if not followed to the letter, will not work.

Go here:

https://www.fusionentertainment.com/...upport/updates

Follow this exactly and be patient.

Installation Instructions

Upgrading the RV-IN801 will require an SD card or USB flash drive with at least 500 MB of free space. The update process includes two parts: Updating VIM and Updating system.

Warning:
During the update process, do not power down the RV-IN801.

Updating VIM:

1. Create a folder named “Garmin” (case sensitive) under root directory of the SD card or USB flash drive.2. Create a folder named “Update” (case sensitive) under “Garmin” that was created in step 1.
3. Copy all three (3) files under “Vim_Update” into “Garmin\Update\” on the SD card or USB flash drive.
4. Eject the SD card or USB flash drive from the computer and plug it into the RV-IN801.
5. A dialog will pop up on the RV-IN801 for updating. Follow the on-screen instructions to apply the update.
6. After the update finishes, eject the SD card or USB flash drive from the RV-IN801 proceed to update system.

Updating System:

1. Delete all files under “Garmin\Update\” on the SD card or USB flash drive.2. Copy “B248800.update” into “Garmin\Update\”.
3. Eject the SD card or USB flash drive from the computer and plug it into the RV-IN801.
4. A dialog will pop up on the RV-IN801 for updating. Follow the on-screen instructions to apply the update.
5. After the RV-IN801 finishes rebooting, the update process has finished.

When finished your system settings will show. 3.6 and 2016 maps.

Iphone music and artwork will display when plugged in to USB on media screen and home screen. I have been using for a few days with nav system and music playing with no problems. YEA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8580.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	314495   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8582.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	314496  

Pez Vela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #131

Orlando , Florida
Pez Vela, FYI, 2018 Maps have been out for sometime now. Can you try the process again with the 2018 map update and report back?? That would help a few folks here.
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #132
2 Rivet Member

Dayton , Montana
Wackhuo:

The Fusion update site only changes the maps from 2016 to 2016.2. I have everything working now so I am afraid to touch it with a update from another site. Wife says its not broken don't fix it.
Pez Vela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #133

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez Vela View Post
Wackhuo:

The Fusion update site only changes the maps from 2016 to 2016.2. I have everything working now so I am afraid to touch it with a update from another site. Wife says its not broken don't fix it.
That is what my first wife would say as well... The update is not from another site. Garmin owns Fusion. They got a new utility to do the updates but folks are having mixed results with it. I was actually not aware there was another way to do the updates. Thank you for sharing!!

I made this post a few pages back - here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ml#post2103397

You will need either a Mini/Micro SD card or a USB flash drive with at least 16g memory with no info on it and a personal computer. This will be a 2 step process the first will be the software update and the second will be the map updates. The first step is to insert your SD with the prongs facing the drivers side, this will be on your stereo on the botton right hand corner of your stereo marked SD open the cover and you will see the slot, if you are using a USB flash drive there should be a USB port. Go to your home screen and select settings, then system, then scroll down to Update, then push on Create Card. Next go to Garmin.com and download Garmin Express. Here is the link:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/

BTW, first wife is still my wife and hates when I make that comment
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #134
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
I actually got that far. I thought the map update was 2018
Old 06-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #135

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
I actually got that far. I thought the map update was 2018
Using the process Pez Vela described - Pez Vela got it to 3.60 and 2016.2 maps

Using the Garmin Express process/tool - I got the maps to 2018
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #136
2 Rivet Member

Western , Tennessee
I am one of those stuck in version 3.5, will not update to 3.6. When loading maps, Fusion error message: unable to unlock maps. Someone on the Facebook group mentioned the reset button located above the SD slot. With the Fusion "ON", I briefly pressed the reset button, Fusion rebooted, inserted USB fob, would not update to 3.6. Just for "FUN" I left the USB fob connected, Fusion on, pressed the reset button for about one minute.

And I updated to 3.6................................

Not sure what the fix is, long press vs having fob installed when rebooting.

Anyway still can't load 2018 maps....
TN Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #137
3 Rivet Member

Huntington Beach , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Princess View Post
I am one of those stuck in version 3.5, will not update to 3.6. When loading maps, Fusion error message: unable to unlock maps. Someone on the Facebook group mentioned the reset button located above the SD slot. With the Fusion "ON", I briefly pressed the reset button, Fusion rebooted, inserted USB fob, would not update to 3.6. Just for "FUN" I left the USB fob connected, Fusion on, pressed the reset button for about one minute.

Thanks for the info. I will try again for 3.6...

Regarding the maps, I also had the "Can not unlock maps" problem. What worked for me is this:
1. I formatted the memory card on my PC (not Mac) using FAT32.
2. I prepared the same card on the Fusion stereo.
3. I followed the Garmin Express instructions to re-download and install the new maps.
4. I inserted the card in the Fusion and it recognized and installed the new maps. It might not hurt to turn OFF and ON the House Battery switch, which makes the Fusion turn OFF and restart, before inserting the card.

I hope this helps.
Boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #138
1 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
Broomfield , Colorado
Finally, got 2018 Maps installed!

I've finally got my 2018 map update to work. Unfortunately, I tried so many different things that it's hard to say what actually did the trick. Here's the combo that finally worked:
1) Give up on USB. I tried countless different things and never got it to work (software updated just fine, but could not get past "Cannot unlock maps" message.)
2) No help from Fusion/Garmin despite sending them the contents of my USB. So,...
3) I bought a 16GB Kingston Tech (Industrial Grade) Micro SDHC card. Had similar "cannot unlock maps" issues until...
4) Formatted the card on my Canon camera (as suggested by others in this thread) Then, prepared the card in the Fusion unit and ran Garmin Express to get the maps onto the card. (I did this all on a Mac - I had previously tried formatting, etc, on a PC and the Mac so the camera format may have done the trick, even though it's a little hard for me to believe.)
5) The key signal is that when things weren't working, I'd get the "cannot unlock maps" within a second or 2 of inserting the usb/card. When it finally worked, I got just a "preparing sd card" message and then nothing at all. Wondering what happened, I then went into Settings/System/Device Info and that seems to have triggered something and I got a message saying that a map update was available on the card and I should press OK to install! After about 5 minutes, I got a message saying that the Update process had failed, but ... it actually looks like it succeeded (again, similar to others on this thread.) My Device Info now shows software version of 3.6 and maps from 2018.

So, I'm good for a few years on that, I think.

No word back from Fusion support at all.

Hard to tell if my success was really related to the formatting, or if it was just another case of trying it enough times to where it eventually worked. But, if you're at your wit's end, then I'd recommend trying the camera-format if you haven't already.

p.s. There's a message displayed on Garmin Express that states that critical files will be written to the card, and the card will have to remain in the unit for it to function properly, even after the update. This, as far as I can tell, is not true.

p.p.s. To clarify - I did the initial software update to 3.6 successfully using USB, but never got anywhere with the maps on USB.
blyon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #139
2 Rivet Member

Western , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Princess View Post

VICTORY ! ! ! ! !

I now have 2018 maps loaded.

I used an 8 gig microSD card. Formatted on a Windows 10 laptop.
I downloaded only the map update (approx 4.1 gig of data)
Inserted in microSD slot... and it updated........
TN Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #140
2 Rivet Member

Gallatin Gateway , Montana
How did you update the maps to 2018? I've upgraded the software to 3.7; however, I'm not sure what the process is to update the map date from 2016.2 to 2018! Can you shed some light as to what the process steps are, or perhaps point me somewhere where they're documented? Thank you.
bob323 is offline   Reply With Quote