2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Framingham , Massachusetts
Yes, 22" Samsung flat screen LED TV

gambita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
I had the same problem with the 19" Sansui in the front of my 2012. Initially my warranty claim was denied but after appealing it was grudgingly covered under warranty. They essentially accused me of causing the problem. I assure you no chin ups were done, and I never even hit my head on it. All I can say is that I did and do drive my bus around town a lot and the road conditions here are not very good ... it probably sees more stress than one that lives it's life on the open road. The rear TV had/has the same problem but had/has not completely failed ... they refused to replace that one. Surprisingly it's still hanging on here three years later. No problems with the new front TV they put in. Here's my original complaint thread ... no one fessed up to having a similar problem then either. Guess we are just lucky.

russ240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:56 AM   #17
Currently Looking...
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Pensacola , Florida
When I purchased my 2015 ASI-EXT used w 8400 miles, the front 22" Samsung tv plastic back plate had been damaged and the previous owner had two pieces of bailing wire securing the tv to the mount. The dealer ordered a new tv under warranty. Due to the delay in the new tv arriving, I removed the old tv from the mount, removed the plastic back plate and found all four mounting holes damaged (cracked with two screw pulled out). I went to Lowes and purchased from the special fasteners drawers two 1.5 inch plastic washers with associated plastic bolts (1/4 x 1) and a plastic wing nut. I sandwiched the "plastic tv back plate" between the two washers, drilled not and bigger 1/4" mounting holes in the back plate (secure but slightly flexible mounting) at all four attachment points. This solution provides for a less rigid mount but more flex with hitting the tv from either direction. At 6'-3" and often wearing a Crimson Tide baseball cap, I repeatedly bump the tv with the top of my head both entering and leaving the cab area. 12,000 miles later and a Pensacola FL trip to the northeast and back and now an almost completed circuit from Pensacola to the west coast and back 4 mounts are holding on the tv repair. BTW I am planning to replace the two 22" tv's with 19" tv's with built in dvd's. In my opinion the rear tv at 22" sticks too far into the aisle and is a real potential hazard for anyone slipping and falling, especially coming out of the head in the middle of the night while completing the final downwind-leg approaching a landing spot in the bed w/o hitting spouse and dogs!

Tompat42 is offline   Reply With Quote